umenyiora

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesse75. Show jesse75's posts

umenyiora

pats pursuing umenyiora.....good move

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: umenyiora

Link/Source? 

If true, I think this is the final cog that both:

a) signifies a philosophical move in their defensive strategy. A lot more sub-packages, and a lot more 4 man lines

b) is the final piece to this defense. The secondary is there - lots of depth and talent all over the place. Same can be said for the linebackers. Once we solidify the defensive line and pass rush, this defense is complete.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks for the thread

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCSoxfans. Show NCSoxfans's posts

In Response to Re: umenyiora:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the thread
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    This is all I found:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Am I the only one wondering why the Pats top three draftees are unsigned given the new rookie salary cap which,for all intents and purposes,sets the salary,guaranteed money and contract legnth.Certainly they are busy with other matters including re-signing Light and finding,at least one a solid started OLB who can generate some pass rush(hello Lawson and Roth)but they really should get this trio in camp as sdoon as possible to be indoctrinating them into the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ummmmm.....Okay

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would pee myself if they got him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]  Am I the only one wondering why the Pats top three draftees are unsigned given the new rookie salary cap which,for all intents and purposes,sets the salary,guaranteed money and contract legnth.Certainly they are busy with other matters including re-signing Light and finding,at least one a solid started OLB who can generate some pass rush(hello Lawson and Roth)but they really should get this trio in camp as sdoon as possible to be indoctrinating them into the system.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing kebbe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: umenyiora : This is all I found: http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/osi-umenyioras-feud-with-giants-could-open-door-for-patriots-to-acquire-the-defensive-end.html
    Posted by NCSoxfans[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's all I managed to find as well.

That's disappointing. Just a word to the wise - when you create a thread stating that 'x' team is pursuing 'y' player, please back it up with credible links and sources that use factual information.

All the NESN article is pure speculation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

[QUOTE]  Am I the only one wondering why the Pats top three draftees are unsigned given the new rookie salary cap which,for all intents and purposes,sets the salary,guaranteed money and contract legnth.Certainly they are busy with other matters including re-signing Light and finding,at least one a solid started OLB who can generate some pass rush(hello Lawson and Roth)but they really should get this trio in camp as sdoon as possible to be indoctrinating them into the system.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they get them signed by Monday, like you said they need to get these guys into camp asap. With the rookie cap it should make things easier. Aside from Ben Watson they have been quick getting their picks signed and in camp during the B.B.era.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Speculation is speculation, pointless but fun.

Would I love the move? Yes because our 4 down lineman front would be absolutely DOMINANT and our pass rushing woes would be 100% solved.

Is it likely? Not unless BB is planning on switching to playing a mostly 43 front, something I do not believe he would want to do.

Then again, he is a defensive genius, and the aquisition of Osi would allow for a smooth transition to a 4-3 as we do have Cunningham/Eric Moore to man the DE position oposite Osi and I don't have to mention the two monsters that would man the middle...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

jesse, without a link or some other form of proof....making such a claim puts you in the bottom percentile of the class.

[QUOTE]pats pursuing umenyiora.....good move
    Posted by jesse75[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

ClaytonESPN During the conversation between the Giants and Osi U, the team told him if they would shop him they would ask for a No. 1 pick I think since we have 2 1st rounders we should do it could you imagine starting this line-up Osi/Haynesworth/Wilfork/Cunningham, Guyton/Spikes/Mayo, Bodden/Meriweather/Chung/McCourty #1 Defense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

he is also looking for a bigger pay check. Not sure we would give up a first rounder and re-up his contract...Rumor is that he is looking for a Charles Johnson like #s ~$10M+..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Um, this doesn't look possible any longer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

[QUOTE]he is also looking for a bigger pay check. Not sure we would give up a first rounder and re-up his contract...Rumor is that he is looking for a Charles Johnson like #s ~$10M+..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Like Nnamdi said players will take less money to come to a winning organization

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Evan Silva 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

apparently, the Giants want a first round pick for him.  Don't the Patriots have one to give?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Giants have given permission to seek a trade that doesn't mean the Pats are in pursuit of the trade. From reports the Giants are looking for a 1st. If the Pats could give up a 6th that would be a different story but for a high pick the Pats are most likely going to pass

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I wanted him last year to help the pass rush out....knowing he wasn't too pleased last yr with D-coord.  etc....Anyways, maybe they give Coughlin a call.

A #1 for him, no way.  A #2 for him, still somewhat high, but if Pats are converting to 4-3, then might be worth OSI, he is a PLAYMAKER on D. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Excellent thread - I was just going to post something about this - glad to see it was already here!  So, are they seriously going to make a run at this guy?  Where did you hear this?  They could give them their 1st rounder from New Orleans that they got in last years draft.  ..... BUT, will this make Fat Albert expendable?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to umenyiora:
    [QUOTE]pats pursuing umenyiora.....good move
    Posted by jesse75[/QUOTE]AGAIN, THE CONTRARIAN ALREADY REPORTED THIS DAYS AGO....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Trade Edelman or Merriweather & a 2nd pick next year. Also see if you can resign him as part of the trade. This could make our D Sick.