Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not?

In Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not? : I would shape the rule in such a way that it would need to be ergegious, with examples given in the rule, so it would allow the refs more of an example of a true foul v.s. over-calling one like this case here. Again, I would look for a player's reaction after the TD. Does he walk from the area, does he look for the player, does me move in the end zone to seek out a player to spike down on the player, etc. You know, sort of rational examples.  Otherwise, just ban spiking a football. Thousands of players, including our QB, have done this through the decades and now it's a foul? Laughable to me.   Goodell is a moron.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I get what your saying King but these things happen fast too.  It is entirely possible that the Ref is suppose to do everything you mentioned and just got it wrong.  The ONLY reason to throw a flag is if he thought Gronk did it intentionally (spike the ball in the guys face).  It wouldnt be the first time a Ref got it wrong. 

Some of it is on Gronk too thou.  This is the No Fun Leauge.  Yes he was excited after just scoring a TD, but you still have to be aware of where you spike the ball.  I am sure next time he will do just that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not? : Amazing how you want them to think about where and how to "outsmart" a game official or the NFL. It's like, well, if I go 39 in this 35 MPH zone I'll be OK, as it's not like I'm REALLY speeding..." NOT spiking the ball is a 10000% sure fired, guarandamnteed way to NOT get penalized or fined.  Or, am I missing something on this math? Let's play this out your way. AFC Championship Game, TD pass to Unnamed WR with less than 2 minutes to play, puts the Patriots ahead. He catches the ball, holds it out to the crowd, looks for a place to spike it, players begin to gather around him, he rears back and fires the ball into the ground. It bounces up and nails a defender just standing there. Flags fly, 15 yard penalty. Kickoff comes from the 20 yard line, there is a breakdown in that Oh so good Patriot defense, and the opposition scores with less than 10 seconds left, putting them ahead.  Think this is NOT a possibility??  Still willing to blame the NFL? Just don't do it! Don't risk it! Let them spike balls all over the place after teeh game's over if they want to. They can have a Team Spike at mid field if they want! Just don't do mit in a game!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

AZ your math is off. Your analysis is black and white. You are either speeding or not. Spiking the ball is grey depending on where you spike it. Right in the face is wrong but with no one around is allowed. Celebrating a good play is part of the game that both fans and players enjoy. All they have to do is make sure when they do it that an opponent isn't around and they don't over do it. Refs also need to understand that a spiked ball can take weird bounces and if it flies 20' and hits a defender well it wasn't intentional. A better analogy would be turning right on red. You are suppose to stop and wait for the light but you are allowed to turn right if you come to a full stop and yield. If you take the second to make sure another car isn't coming go right ahead and make the turn but if you just go without looking and it happens to be the time another car is coming then you should be penalized.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

He was fined. Pay the fine and you may pass go and collect your paycheck. Move along folks; nothing to be seen (said) here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

They may as well fine players for false starts, offsides and holding etc. etc.

It appears as if the league is headed in that direction anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like taunting but the penalty should be enough in that case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

On the desean Jackson call, shouldn't that be 15 yards from the end of the play?

Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not?:
    [QUOTE]NFL has made it clear, do not show up the other team or you will be penalized and fined. Period. Last night game Eagles vs Gaints, Desean Jackson long reception taken back because he threw the ball towards the Defensive Coord of the Giants. If you want to be considered an "elite" player then act like one... NFL wants it players to act like professionals or every little pop warner football kid will be taunting like the pros...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]It was tacky at best. The player Gronk beat was still on the ground when Gronk turned around and spiked the ball literally in his face. If Gronk didn't turn around and spiked the ball towards the front of the endzone not an issue it was that he spiked it feet of the opposing CB still on the ground. Now it could have been a harmless mistake by Gronk that he thought maybe the CB got off the ground by then or that he wasn't thinking (my guess) or it could have been he got caught up in the moment, knew the Jet was there, and decided it needed to be done. Either way the penalty was the right call. Gronk should no better and only spike where he knows no one is there. That said I don't think it warrants a fine at all. A penalty and a chewing out by BB should be enough for Gronk to realize in this PC NFL you have to be careful. It will be interesting to see if Jackson gets fined for flipping the ball at the coach last night
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Not one to argue but I swear the guy he beat was standing up by then but he did spike it in front of him and when he did it I knew a flag was coming. Of course I could be wrong....it has happened before......just ask my wife. LoL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]On the desean Jackson call, shouldn't that be 15 yards from the end of the play?  Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not? :
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

I was watching the replays on NFL network this morning and the reason it went all the way back is because the Giants had a penalty also (offside I think) so it was a non play after all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]On the desean Jackson call, shouldn't that be 15 yards from the end of the play?  Response to Re: Unbelievable fined by NFL. Do you agree or not? :
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Normally yes but it was off setting penalties so it's a replay of down

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In fact, Gronk spiked the ball in front of his teammate as Deion Branch after his hard work to get the TD.  He did spike the ball in the unharmful way, no contact or saying or talking to the opponents. 15 yards penalty at the kick off and now $7500 is too much.  So if,  someone dancing in front of the opponent after TDs than no penalty no fined?  What is it? It is still a taunting.  Players and Coaches have already questioned about these fines with Mr. Goodell.  He is not be on the board for long definately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I thought it was low class of Gronk.  Don't be a JEST, man.

Sections
Shortcuts