undefeated no more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

undefeated no more

Goodbye Saints, after you lose in the Playoffs it will feel like a wasted year.Up next the Colts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: undefeated no more

In Response to undefeated no more:
    [QUOTE]Goodbye Saints, after you lose in the Playoffs it will feel like a wasted year.Up next the Colts.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I didn't really care about the Saints being undefeated...  Now the Colts are the only team with a chance at 16-0 and 19-0...  If it came to it, I'd rather have seen the Saints be undefeated and have the Colts lose first.  Things seem to be working in the Colts favor this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Colts have a very good chance at going 16-0.  They only have to beat the Jets and Bills.  Unless a blizzard hits in Buffalo at game time, it's hard to see a loss.  That said, on any given Sunday...  Who would have thought the Cowboys would beat the Saints at home?

Of course, the real reason the Saints lost tonight is because the guys behind the vast NFL conspiracy that was determined to have 2 undefeated teams in the SB for a ratings gold mine read some of the posts on this board, realized they were caught, and decided to wait for another year... lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

WOOOO!!

I'm so pumped about this!! I couldnt' stand hearing all of the stupid fairweather fans down here in Arkansas talk about their "awesome" Saints that were going to crush the 2007 Patriots records, go 19-0, etc etc... Not anymore!!

Now I can just smile and laugh at their stupidity of thinking they were really going to go 19-0 or even 16-0.  This is great!

I still think the Colts will have a loss somewhere in there.

The Aints once again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: undefeated no more:
    [QUOTE]The Colts have a very good chance at going 16-0.  They only have to beat the Jets and Bills.  Unless a blizzard hits in Buffalo at game time, it's hard to see a loss.  That said, on any given Sunday...  Who would have thought the Cowboys would beat the Saints at home? Of course, the real reason the Saints lost tonight is because the guys behind the vast NFL conspiracy that was determined to have 2 undefeated teams in the SB for a ratings gold mine read some of the posts on this board, realized they were caught, and decided to wait for another year... lol
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]The Jets may still have something to play for against the Colts. The Jags lost, the Steelers look dead, and Baltimore they're a joke. Plus Rex would love to be the one to beat the Colts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i really was getting that air of inevitibility with the colts and saints this year.the way they could play offense, defense, come from behind, or just blow teams out is very scary. i can only hope my feeling was wrong about the colts going undefeated too. i do like the matchup if we play the colts again in the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I was COMPLETELY blown away with Brees' post-game press conference. To summarize, he basically said, "Yeah it's disappointing [to lose this game], especially knowing how close we came to being perfect. We obviously had 3 regular season games and then the playoffs after that."

Uh, you came close?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

it was great to hear the superdome silenced by the COWBOYS of all teams.  i could care less about the colts or saints being perfect, i just like pulling for the upset.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I was glad to see the Saints lose after some visits from their trolls, including a polite one who instructed us after the Patriots loss "I hope you learned something about the Saints today," or some such patronizing line. Well, I hope he has learned something about the Saints as well. You learn new things about your team each week. Thinking any team is pre-destined for victory is absurd. Brees is way off if he thinks his team got close to being perfect. He needs to stop thinking like that and focus on some teams in the NFC that are not going to be easy outs in the playoffs (Eagles, Vikings, etc). The Saints still have a decent shot to be a Super Bowl team. 

Over here in the AFC, the Colts clearly have a shot at perfection. The Jets will give them a game, I think, but we'll see. My prediction is the Colts are perfect until they lose to the Chargers in the playoffs but who knows, that's why they play the games. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpianoman17. Show redsoxpianoman17's posts

I don't mind the Colts going undefeated in the regular season becuase they clearly have been along side the Pats as the best team of the decade.  Peyton deserves accolades as well as Mr. Brady, who apparantly is a Yankee fan judging by his photo on this site with his baby....ugh. 

Nevertheless, the Colts have been getting awfully lucky all season....something the 07 Pats did not need except for the 16th game against the Giants.  I still believe that '07 Pats are still the standard for excellence!!! Nice try Saints!

Now if anyone can answer me why Brady is wearing that awful hat that would be great...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/09000d5d805b04d4/2007-Best-of-Randy-Moss

even if the colts run the table... we still got the scoring and team records plus 23 and 50 is something to be proud of... even tho 07 ended with our defense cracking i was too emotionally involved to let that season go

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I really enjoyed the game, hard played by both teams AND for once the game wasn't decided by the officials . Getting to Brees was the answer for the defense, as it is with most QB.

BTW Out of all the pictures of Brady why the one in the NYY hat , same reason Boston.com leaves the picture of Ratgini on the Patriots page, just tryingto p*** us off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to undefeated no more : I didn't really care about the Saints being undefeated...  Now the Colts are the only team with a chance at 16-0 and 19-0...  If it came to it, I'd rather have seen the Saints be undefeated and have the Colts lose first.  Things seem to be working in the Colts favor this year
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Agreed...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I really enjoyed the game, hard played by both teams AND for once the game wasn't decided by the officials . Getting to Brees was the answer for the defense, as it is with most QB. BTW Out of all the pictures of Brady why the one in the NYY hat , same reason Boston.com leaves the picture of Ratgini on the Patriots page, just tryingto p*** us off.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Speaking of a game not having been impacted by the zebras... did you whisper to yourself on a couple of those defensed pass plays by Dallas that if it were the Colts, we would have seen a couple PI calls?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: undefeated no more : Speaking of a game not having been impacted by the zebras... did you whisper to yourself on a couple of those defensed pass plays by Dallas that if it were the Colts, we would have seen a couple PI calls?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

All of us watching knew that if it was the Patriots they would have been called, and any team playing against the Colts would have been called.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It was refreshing how the refs actually let the DB's play.  You know if Indy was playing Dallas, the Colts would of gotten at least 4 PI calls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: undefeated no more : Speaking of a game not having been impacted by the zebras... did you whisper to yourself on a couple of those defensed pass plays by Dallas that if it were the Colts, we would have seen a couple PI calls?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I'm not even sure Colts fans understand PI.  They probably watch other teams play and say "wow they missed that PI"  when every other team in the NFL plays by a different inerpretation of the rule. 

No doubt on that last drive there was a pass defended that would have been PI if Manning threw the ball.  The NFL seems to tolerate bad calls as long as they help generate exciting games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]I was glad to see the Saints lose after some visits from their trolls, including a polite one who instructed us after the Patriots loss "I hope you learned something about the Saints today," or some such patronizing line. Well, I hope he has learned something about the Saints as well. You learn new things about your team each week. Thinking any team is pre-destined for victory is absurd. Brees is way off if he thinks his team got close to being perfect. He needs to stop thinking like that and focus on some teams in the NFC that are not going to be easy outs in the playoffs (Eagles, Vikings, etc). The Saints still have a decent shot to be a Super Bowl team.  Over here in the AFC, the Colts clearly have a shot at perfection. The Jets will give them a game, I think, but we'll see. My prediction is the Colts are perfect until they lose to the Chargers in the playoffs but who knows, that's why they play the games. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I think the Saint's fan you're talking about is the Guido Sarducci character.  He was consistently condescending as if the Saints perfect record translated to perfect football knowledge for him.  He knew things none of us have the ability to understand. 

The '07 Pats went 16-0 in the regular season playing a first place schedule.  The  '09 Saints missed while playing a last place schedule.  Maybe Guido learned something.   

I'm happy that the long suffering Saint's fans have a good team but they they are not perfect in any sense of the word.  Of course, if they win it all Guido will be Pope again. :)  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: undefeated no more : Yes, I'm not even sure Colts fans understand PI.  They probably watch other teams play and say "wow they missed that PI"  when every other team in the NFL plays by a different inerpretation of the rule.  No doubt on that last drive there was a pass defended that would have been PI if Manning threw the ball.  The NFL seems to tolerate bad calls as long as they help generate exciting games.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Great point about the Colts fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: undefeated no more : Great point about the Colts fans.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Colts fans think the defender is not allowed to try and play the ball, even if they have a better position on the ball, they think their receiver has all rights to get it first.  If the defender is in the way and the Colt receiver bumps into the defender, the defender interfered with the play, not the Colts receiver.