Undefeated Season..stick it to all?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Undefeated Season..stick it to all?

I know this is a crazy thought, but what if the lock-out goes to mid-season and we only play --say-- 8 regular season games.

Since I expect the Pats players to stay in better shape than most, and with a mainly intact returning roster...

...we go 8-0 in the regular season, then go on to win the Super Bowl. 

We finally get our un-defeated season and we stick it to Mercury Morris and tha tover-the-hill gang?

Wouldn't that be sweet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Undefeated Season..stick it to all?

not sure if that would even count being a short season because of the lockout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

lippa, good point...but technically speaking, its still an undefeated season.

and I would savor all the whining from the rest of the league and sportscasters..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

we tried that once....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

That would never take away the sting of 2007 and you know it. 11-0 would hardly make up for the O-Line forgetting they were supposed to block those guys or all of those guys that got their arms around Eli not thinking to take him to the ground. They had their shot at pefection and it just was not meant to be. Now say there was a full season and they went undefeated....that would be very nice indeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Hey FC, how to you make your tacos?

I use talapia, avocado, tomato and carmelized onions..and a squirt of ketchup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

a super bowl win soon makes up for the end of that season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Undefeated Season..stick it to all?:
    [QUOTE]a super bowl win soon makes up for the end of that season.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]
    Correct, that's all it will take.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

no games will be missed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Undefeated Season..stick it to all?:
    [QUOTE]I know this is a crazy thought, but what if the lock-out goes to mid-season and we only play --say-- 8 regular season games. Since I expect the Pats players to stay in better shape than most, and with a mainly intact returning roster... ...we go 8-0 in the regular season, then go on to win the Super Bowl.  We finally get our un-defeated season and we stick it to Mercury Morris and tha tover-the-hill gang? Wouldn't that be sweet?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

won't happen. judge lifted the lockout. so its a full season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

id rather go 15-1 in the regular season [which we were 1 game vs cleveland away from doing...] and then we win the super bowl.... thats 18-1... POETIC JUSTICE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm calling for a 15-1 regular season right now.  If I called 16-0 there would be nowhere to go but down, but the whole team is red hot and it recently beat up lots of good teams, so I'm not calling for even 14-2.

Last year I dropped my forecast from 14-2 to 13-3 when Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden went on injured reserve in August. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]not sure if that would even count being a short season because of the lockout.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

I agree. What would be sweeter is if the league lost the first two games, and then the Pats run the table, including the SB. Would Merc the Jerk shut is pie hole, seeing the Pats would have won just as many regular season and post season games?

Somehow I think not. Merc The Jerk would whine and be all over national media complaining that they did it in a shortened season.

Ever notice how other members of that Fins team don't say a lot when any team hits 13 games and stays undefeated? Proof the national media hores NEED something to push. Merc The Jerk doesn't need any pre-story sell.

What's happened to Ali now that we need him?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Patriots fans better hope the league doesn't start playing games until week 8 of the season.  Patriots will be 1-5 before their bye week in week 7.  Their only win will come against the Bills.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Just a little reminder of your 2007 season:

http://www.break.com/index/patriots-parody-you-cheated.html

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Undefeated Season..stick it to all? : and exactly why do you "expect" pats players are going to stay in better shape than most? the arrogance continues...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not.. all contenders, including your jints(I hate that nickname), will be in better shape than most.  I can easily say the Pats players will be better prepared than at least 20 other teams.... no?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

No need for one ...a ring is just fine

Couple of good articles on belichick at www.60maxpowero.com

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

No need for one ...a ring is just fine

Couple of good articles on belichick at www.60maxpowero.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Apparently my adblock isn't working properly.

Sections
Shortcuts