Under the radar....sounds good to me!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Under the radar....sounds good to me!

NE has finally gone back to underdog status.  NE will not get the #2 Seed and to be honest I would be happy if they didnt.  I want to see this team fight tooth and nail and earn every game.

Although this is not the same Pats team from 2000-2005 I'm looking foward to seeing how they respond to this adversity. 

So if they make the playoffs as a 3rd or 4th seed they will most likely be a favorite if they play the likes of Baltimore or Denver, but if Denver wins the west and they have to play San Diego they will be underdogs and the same would go if they played Pittsburgh.  Im sure all the "experts" will pick the steelers.

In conclusion the blowout in NO could have possibly been a great thing in descise.

Any thoughts or comments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Under the radar....sounds good to me!

In Response to Re: Under the radar....sounds good to me!:

False. They are still the Patriots with Brady and Bill and every team that plays them will want to knock their head off as much as they ever have.
    Posted by SchwillyPete

While that may be true, do you think after being 0-4 on the road and getting completely handled by the Saints playoff teams still fear them.....NO!

I believe in thier eyes teams think they can stop TB & Co. and the defense is nothing to write home about.

Now I'm not saying no one respects the Pats, but best believe nobody is scared of them anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I agree. Being under the radar is the way to go. Now maybe everytime we play an away game the opposing team won't treat it like a national holiday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

That's right. "Nobody's giving us any respect and nobody thought we could do it." It's good to have those back again. "Just when we thought we were out, They pull us back in!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

You have to fly under the radar if you don't want to get shot down!!!!!

Go Pats!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I would rather have teams think poorly of the Pats and get stunned than have them amped up and over-prepared at the top of their game against them.

They have something they haven't had in years: the element of surprise

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When the New England Patriots morphed from a scrappy overachiever that was greater than the sum of its parts into a swaggering juggernaut that routinely embarrassed opponents and thumbed its collective nose at the league they forfeited any claim to underdog status for the forseeable future.,

Any team that allows the New England Patriots to fly under its radar has an idiot for a coach.

Now, let's see who can guess which particular idiot coach I'm thinking of right now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

When the New England Patriots morphed from a scrappy overachiever that was greater than the sum of its parts into a swaggering juggernaut that routinely embarrassed opponents and thumbed its collective nose at the league they forfeited any claim to underdog status for the forseeable future., Any team that allows the New England Patriots to fly under its radar has an idiot for a coach. Now, let's see who can guess which particular idiot coach I'm thinking of right now?
    Posted by prairiemike

Norv Turner?  Wade Phillips?  Brad Childress?  Marvin Lewis?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Troy Brown's trying to cause a fumble after an interception is an example of a desperate gamble that won.  At other times, BB has gone for 4th and 1 and succeeded.

I like how the team took a decent shot at both undefeated teams.  They lost twice.  Humble pie.  We'll see them in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

they wont get the two seed, probably the three. definately not two though

the good news is that the Steelers and the ravens might not make the playoffs, and that the Bengals are running out of steam, with bad games against the Raiders and browns

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Underdog status was fine, when we were Beasts disguised as underdogs. Now we are underdogs that look like underdogs.

I'm not saying we can't/won't win it all, but it's not the same team as 2001, personel wise or coaching wise. This team will really need to step it up, Tedy Bruschi is not walking (through the door) into the endzone with an amazing INT next weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Under the radar....sounds good to me! : Norv Turner?  Wade Phillips?  Brad Childress?  Marvin Lewis?
    Posted by NickC1188

Ding!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I agree. Being under the radar is the way to go. Now maybe everytime we play an away game the opposing team won't treat it like a national holiday.
    Posted by KellieMB

Couldn't Disagree with you more.  This Sunday is a "national holiday" in Miami.  No one is overlooking the Patriots down here.  Believe me, this is Sporano's Super Bowl.  This is his, and his team's, chance for a "signature win" in the Sparano Era.  This is the game of the year down here.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

In Response to Re: Under the radar....sounds good to me! : Couldn't Disagree with you more.  This Sunday is a "national holiday" in Miami.  No one is overlooking the Patriots down here.  Believe me, this is Sporano's Super Bowl.  This is his, and his team's, chance for a "signature win" in the Sparano Era.  This is the game of the year down here.   
    Posted by oggieman

LOL!! The Fins and The Jets are two peas in a pod!

They perpetually have nothing to look forward to in the post season, so they have to make up their own baby "super bowls" to even get inspired enough to take the field.

Thank GOD I'm a Pat's fan and have at least a chance of looking forward the big boys Super Bowl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

When I say "underdog"  I mean in terms of winning it all.  Being a threat to the current flock of "elite" teams.  I'm sure most people dont think that NE has the goods to take it all.  When NE won their 3SB's they did it with a solid defense and balanced running attack.  When they went to the SB in 2007 they did it with dominant passing attack. 

Now teams will look at NE and say, OK lets double up Moss and Welker and put pressure on TB.  Lets attack the secondary because they cant handle our QB and WR's.

Do you think that SD feels the same way about NE like they did in the past?  I highly doubt it.  I bet Rivers cant wait to play NE.  He has tall and fast WR's this year, similar to what Brees has in NO.  You think Denver is scared to play the Pats when they already beat them?  NO.  They drove the NE defense down the field twice for 90plus yard scores.  You think Pitt is worried about NE? No.  Big Ben has greatly improved his game and they have a solid running attack, plus after that shalacking in NE last year I doubt the Defense is worried about Moss and Welker.  How about Cincy?  I doubt it.  Im sure they are a very confident bunch.  They went 6-0 in possibly one of the toughest divisions the NFL.  Last but not least Indy.  So far they have the Pats number the way NE used to have thiers.

Those are my reasons for considering this 2009 team an underdog.  I dont believe people feel NE as a threat like they used to.  After seeing what NO did to cripple Brady's passing game by doubling his favorite targets they will try to do the same.  This 2009 Pats team has yet to show they can make effective adjustments to close out their opponents.  They have also not commited to the run that would allow teams to respect the pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Does under the Radar = Sonar?Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This year's Patriots are a team with something to prove and no one will want to face us in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

This year's Patriots are a team with something to prove and no one will want to face us in the playoffs.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Although you may be right, they have yet to show this year that they can close out these teams.  With the lack of leadership on defense im a little skeptical. 

Sections
Shortcuts