Underdog Sudfeld

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Underdog Sudfeld

Nice article.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130818-sudfeld-continues-the-preseasons-biggest-surprise-story.ece

If he can fill half of Hernandez' shoes....it'd be good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Underdog Sudfeld

Nice story, this guy is exciting to watch (dare I say he reminds me of Gronk when he was a rookie?), I think if he stays healthy he will help us. It's only preseason, but it's hard not to notice his talent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Thanks, I always root for guys like this. Has to stay healthy, and keep progressing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

What were Rob Gronkowski's measurements coming out of college?

Sudfeld is an inch taller at 6'7", but 40lbs lighter at 225lbs. 

Just curious.

Another website lists him at 255lbs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Nevermind, here it is for Gronkowski-

2010 NFL Draft [edit source | edit] Pre-draft measureables  6 ft 6¼ in 258 lb

Gronkowski is tough to handle for any team, but imagine he and Sudfeld on the field at the same time together.  Pretty close to the same size and similar skill sets.  That would be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This is really an unlikely story.... doing nothing the first 5 years at the NCAA level and then getting scouts attention in the 6th year and finally making an NFL team....miracles do happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Worth watching, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOPJrJkh1w

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Sudfeld is the second coming of Gronk in front of us, its going to happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

The thing is.. it's Sudfield/Vereen that will replace AH's element to the offense.  If Sudfield continues to play solid and stays healthy, that's all we can really ask for out of an UDFA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:

Gronkowski is tough to handle for any team, but imagine he and Sudfeld on the field at the same time together.  Pretty close to the same size and similar skill sets.  That would be interesting.

I think we will get to see this soon enough, and I'm looking forward to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Worth watching, imo.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

I can see why BB took a chance on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Worth watching, imo.

What a gem!  He's ranked #19 on this list-http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TE.php

And he's not even graded on this one-

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:te

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Worth watching, imo.

What a gem!  He's ranked #19 on this list-http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TE.php

And he's not even graded on this one-

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:te

I can see why teams were concerned with him. Many teams also don't have the QB and system to just plug in and play with a TE like Sudfeld. So it's definitely a gem in the rough if the kid stays healthy. Supposably Brady has really liked him in practice and I can only imagine targeting a guy of his size makes TB salivate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nevermind, here it is for Gronkowski-

2010 NFL Draft [edit source | edit] Pre-draft measureables  6 ft 6¼ in 258 lb

He's a mixture of Gronk and Hern, but not either player. Tall like Gronk and just as sure handed, but plays the "move TE" that Hern played for us. He and Gronk will be a force, especially in the red zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Worth watching, imo.

Really good stuff thanks.  I still would like him with 10 more pounds of muscle.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Worth watching, imo.

Really good stuff thanks.  I still would like him with 10 more pounds of muscle.  

I'm sure that will come in time working with the strength and conditioning personnel....he's definitely got the frame for adding weight without losing speed and quickness but he seems to be pretty strong right now with the way he turns upfield and busts through DB's...you can't arm tackle this guy....

It's just a great story for the Pats given the AH debacle.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I cannot wait to see vareen, dobson, thompkins, gronk, and sudfeld on the field at the same time in the red zone.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Thanks, I always root for guys like this. Has to stay healthy, and keep progressing.

everyone likes an underdogs like Sudfeld and Thompkins Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I can see why teams were concerned with him. Many teams also don't have the QB and system to just plug in and play with a TE like Sudfeld. So it's definitely a gem in the rough if the kid stays healthy. Supposably Brady has really liked him in practice and I can only imagine targeting a guy of his size makes TB salivate.

BB likes projects. Unfortunately many of them fail. Hopefully, Sudfeld will be someone who succeeds. He prolly does need to gain some muscle mass, but not affect his agility or soft hands.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Suds is closer to 240-250 lbs...do agree, he does need to add some beef. 

He didn't get much if any mention on the draft boards because there were little to no stats on him, and, he in theory, based on past injuries, a walking timebomb. 

Suds success and contributing to this offense depends on his ability to buck his injury history and stay healthy. If he does, he will be a fantastic udfa pickup, I think maybe one of the best of bb's tenure. 

Man I am excited. In one offseason we have transformed the offense from a bunch of pygmies to a pro basketball team. This is going to pay dividends.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I think Suds is closer to 240-250 lbs...do agree, he does need to add some beef. 

He didn't get much if any mention on the draft boards because there were little to no stats on him, and, he in theory, based on past injuries, a walking timebomb. 

Suds success and contributing to this offense depends on his ability to buck his injury history and stay healthy. If he does, he will be a fantastic udfa pickup, I think maybe one of the best of bb's tenure. 

Man I am excited. In one offseason we have transformed the offense from a bunch of pygmies to a pro basketball team. This is going to pay dividends.

pygmies.....lol

It was BBs fault for drafting short receivers and dbs....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I think Sudfeld is a lock at this point and I prefer Hooman to stay. Let Fells and Ballard fight for the 3rd or 4th spot whenever Gronk gets back.

I really like what Sudfeld brings to the team, not to mention he has great hair

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I think Sudfeld is a lock at this point and I prefer Hooman to stay. Let Fells and Ballard fight for the 3rd or 4th spot whenever Gronk gets back.

lol...Samson.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I thought Fells looked good in the first preseason game and have heard good practice reports about him.  It's a tough call Fells or Hooman?  I gotta give the edge to Fells.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I thought Fells looked good in the first preseason game and have heard good practice reports about him.  It's a tough call Fells or Hooman?  I gotta give the edge to Fells.

I can see that. I don't think Hooman has completely sealed it over Fells for me and I like Fells over Ballard at the moment

Sections
Shortcuts