Underdogs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Underdogs?

Do you guys think we will be the underdogs in this upcoming Super Bowl rematch? You can really point to the Giants pass rush, and the fact that they beat us in the regular season as reasons why they are the favorites to win.

Frankly, I don't mind us as the underdogs. There are probably a few exceptions to this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the Patriots under Belichick and Brady having ever lost a game (especially not playoff) in which they were deemed the underdog.

Whether or not we get the label, though, I like our chances. Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: Underdogs?

5th Feb 2012
    23:30 New York Giants At New England Patriots   
    (+3.0) 21/20
    (-3.0) 4/5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I sure hope so.  I hope Patriots are 7 1/2 point underdogs.  The bigger the spread the bigger chip on their shoulders.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The pundits will all pick the Giants. It will be a combination of 'Eli is way better than Flacco' and Brady wasn't that good against the Ravens D and the Giants are better'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Would rather be underdogs.

Game comes down to the last drive. These games are always close. Two very good 4th quarter QBs

Don't know if my heart is going to be able to handle this game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Take the Patriots in this, lay the points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I sure hope so. It's been years since the Pats were last underdogs in a big game it seems. Let the Giants feel the pressure for once. I hope everyone picks the Giants and no one picks the Pats. Lets hope the Pats come out mad.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

One,Manning was OK today.No more no less.He did get blind lucky as a pair of easy Int's were dropped by S.F. and a third Int.,which admittedly would have been a tough play,but also a makeable one.
       Two,the Giants O.L. did indeed get away with more holding than i've seen in quite a while.Should the refs continue to disregard holding as a penalty I hope the Pats play clutch and grab after telling the refs that if N.Y. can do it with impunity so can they.I think the 49'ers will have numerous film clips featuring close-ups of the Giants O.L.on the desk of both the NFL's commissioner(whom I regard as the worst commissioner ever in the league)and director of officials
       Three,the Ravens D.L.is every bit as good as the Giants,their LB's are better(Suggs has big mouth but is as tough any OLB'er in the league and Lewis is still a A pro bowl'er in the middle)and their secondary has an edge as well because of Reed.Even with the Pats 4 TO's,they still put 3 more points on the board during regulation than N.Y. 
        Four,I'd be very surprised if the Pats turned the ball over four times again.
        Five,N.E.'s defense,though still problematic against Pass(they did a terrific job on Rice as a runner yesterday and have contained a number of very good backs and one QB who ran successfully against a number of teams and there is no question that Spikes helps in the regard)they are clearly better than they were seven or eight games ago,assuming they don't lose any more bodies during the next two weeks.
        Six,B.B. may preach the past means nothing and the players may dutifully follow suit,does anyone truly believe they will not have malice in their hearts and vengeance in the minds in this S.B.matchup?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Underdogs?:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys think we will be the underdogs in this upcoming Super Bowl rematch? You can really point to the Giants pass rush, and the fact that they beat us in the regular season as reasons why they are the favorites to win. Frankly, I don't mind us as the underdogs. There are probably a few exceptions to this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the Patriots under Belichick and Brady having ever lost a game (especially not playoff) in which they were deemed the underdog. Whether or not we get the label, though, I like our chances. Go Pats!
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

The current line list the Pats as three point favorites.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: Underdogs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Underdogs? :      The current line list the Pats as three point favorites.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Hope that changes. I like us in the role of the underdog.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]I simply can't see what plan the Pats can put together against the NYG.  Tell me what they have to do to win (outside of mistake free Brady, which goes without saying.) The NYG are better than the Ravens.  By a mile.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Let's see: disguise coverages and send some exotic blitzes to get to Eli Manning. Play zone and keep everything in front of us; limit the big play. Make stops in the red zone. On offense, run the ball and establish play action, change up the pace with no huddle to keep their defense on the field and take advantage of mismatches. There's a ton of things, and I'm no Bill Belichick.

I think you're overestimating the Giants and underestimating Baltimore. I certainly didn't see anything out of the Giants against the 49ers today that makes me think that they are out of this world good. They basically won because of Kyle Williams two mistakes on punt returns. Otherwise, SF wins 17-10.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underdogs? : Let's see: disguise coverages and send some exotic blitzes to get to Eli Manning. Play zone and keep everything in front of us; limit the big play. Make stops in the red zone. On offense, run the ball and establish play action, change up the pace with no huddle to keep their defense on the field and take advantage of mismatches. There's a ton of things, and I'm no Bill Belichick. I think you're overestimating the Giants and underestimating Baltimore. I certainly didn't see anything out of the Giants against the 49ers today that makes me think that they are out of this world good. They basically won because of Kyle Williams two mistakes on punt returns. Otherwise, SF wins 17-10.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

I watched the entire Giants game today and I was impressed they won but i did not feel they looked all that great doing it. Without the muffed punt returns the 49ers win despite the Alex Smith struggles. The Pats offense which struggled also outplayed the Giants offense overall. Unlike many I thought the Ravens were a great team and the big advantage the Pats had was the fact it was a home game. The Ravens have a better defense than the Giants, though the Giants defense is playing very good right now. The Pats defense has been playing much better of late. To say the defense won the game today is exceedingly silly but Spikes and Chung have brought improvement. The Ravens would have beaten most teams they way they played today but not the Pats. Shows you the Patriots are a lot tougher than most have been giving them credit for.