Underside of bus getting full in Indy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Underside of bus getting full in Indy

Peyton surely isn't wasting any time this season.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1077326

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Underside of bus getting full in Indy

There was some yammering on PTI yesterday about Manning and his "Everybody doesn't seem to be on the same page" screed. I wouldn't be too harsh with ol' Peyton if I was me. He's just mailing in his excuse early to avoid the rush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The early bird gets the worm, or in this case the early bird makes excuses for why his team will miss the playoffs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I saw the video yesterday and thought he was preping for the sorry season Indy is about to have. He amazes me everytime he opens his mouth to bad mouth his team. I can't even imagine Tom doing anything close to this even when he had good cause a few times in his career to throw some people under the bus he would never do it in a million years. Tom= class act. Peyton=whinny little girl!!!

Go Pats!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Boy, I'm going to catch it for this.  I don't see how you can compare Tom to Peyton in this case.  Ol' Indy just had a major overhaul.  I don't know what this place would look like if Belichick left.  How would Tom react?  I do admit that Peyton was kinda quick on the trigger but we still have Belichick running things here.  We just don't know how Tom would react.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Where is underbogg to defend his crybaby Manning?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]... I wouldn't be too harsh with ol' Peyton if I was me...
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

If you were you???
    OK who are you then?
    Release Prariemike now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There's actually kind of a funny story behind that "if I was me" business.

when I was a kid I had this friend who really liked to smoke a lot of weed all the time, and he would often become unintelligible and say bizarre things and I would tell him, "You know Johnny, I'm not sure I would be smoking so much weed, if I were you." and, momentarily jolted out of his daze, he would invariably respond, "Oh, I wouldn't worry about it so much if I was me."

I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Was his name John Tomase?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

PMike its me Johny! want to smoke some weed! LoL Just kidding its MVPKilla....want to smoke some weed? LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]There's actually kind of a funny story behind that "if I was me" business. when I was a kid I had this friend who really liked to smoke a lot of weed all the time, and he would often become unintelligible and say bizarre things and I would tell him, "You know Johnny, I'm not sure I would be smoking so much weed, if I were you." and, momentarily jolted out of his daze, he would invariably respond, "Oh, I wouldn't worry about it so much if I was me." I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

He's a starting guard for the pats isn't he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

At first blush, I thought what the F is manning doing.  Then I dug a little deeper and while his comments may have been stong, they were spot on.  This whole NFL opt out was a conspiracy brought on by big owners like Kraft and Jones (nice bedfellow your have there Bob). 

I'll stand behind PM on this one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Those damn "big owners."

Will they stop at nothing?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]At first blush, I thought what the F is manning doing.  Then I dug a little deeper and while his comments may have been stong, they were spot on.  This whole NFL opt out was a conspiracy brought on by big owners like Kraft and Jones (nice bedfellow your have there Bob).  I'll stand behind PM on this one. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

What am I missing.

The owners voted to make the retirement plan non-mandatory. 
    9 teams pulled out of the NFL pension plan to create their own. The Colts weren't one of them.
    Mudd and Moore retired because they aren't sure that they will be able to get a lump sum retirement if they stay.

How does making the retirement plan non-mandatory affect the way the retirement is paid out? How does teams leaving the plan possibly affect the way the retirement is paid out?

I am not seeing the connection and have not been able to find it. 

My question to you, ud, is if the Colts really want to keep Mudd and Moore, couldn't they opt out of the retirement plan, create their own and fund it and guarantee a lump sum payout at retirement for grandfathered-in coaches? I don't see anything prohibiting this. Why aren't they doing it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

if the Colts really want to keep Mudd and Moore, couldn't they opt out of the retirement plan, create their own and fund it and guarantee a lump sum payout at retirement for grandfathered-in coaches? I don't see anything prohibiting this. Why aren't they doing it?

Evidently Irsay is more concerned with money than his coaching staff, or the effect it has on the team. Greed is usually the root cause for decisions that don't seem to make sense on the surface.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]Boy, I'm going to catch it for this.  I don't see how you can compare Tom to Peyton in this case.  Ol' Indy just had a major overhaul.  I don't know what this place would look like if Belichick left.  How would Tom react?  I do admit that Peyton was kinda quick on the trigger but we still have Belichick running things here.  We just don't know how Tom would react.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Brady has had plenty of chances to throw his teammates and the orginization under the bus and has never done so. Take for example when they let Branch (his favorite target) and Givens walk and let him head into the 06 season with no NFL caliber recievers, unless you count an aging Troy Brown. And this was after he took a paycut/hometown discount to help the Pats stay in Superbowl contention. I can't even imagine the TO level temper tantrum that would ensue fron Manning if he was forced to head into a season with Reche Caldwell and Co.

The Colts have bent over backwards catering to Manning. The have lavished him with a stable of offensive weapons few QBs will ever have. Money they could have been spending on defense. The thing that actually wins championships. How does he repay them? He throws his teammates and organization under the bus? Repeatedly.

WhEn have you ever seen Tom Brady do thaT? There is a track record here. So, yes, I can say Tom Brady would not have reacted that way. He has proven he is not a crybaby.

You can't teach class. Either you have it or you don't. And it's obvious Manning doesn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Evidently Irsay is more concerned with money than his coaching staff, or the effect it has on the team. Greed is usually the root cause for decisions that don't seem to make sense on the surface.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bub. I actually don't have a problem with Irsay doing that. It is a business. My issue is with ud somehow blaming the Pats for this. 

There is nothing on the web indicating how the change to opt out of the NFL's retirement plan changes how a coach under the retirement plan receives his payout. However, ud is saying it is the Krafts' fault. I want to understand the mechanics of how the payout is affected.

I read a lot of stories last night that gave the basic facts and reported that the coaches were upset, but none of them connected the opt-out vote to pay out changes. I even read a blog (bluestampede) that blamed the 9 teams that did opt out of being greedy, but of course there was no explanation of how the pay out was affected. 

Aside from this, I will be the first to say that Manning has to be the most selfish, whiny f*** in the NFL. When I was reading his quotes, it seemed that he was against Mudd and Moore (67 and 70 years of age) retiring. I almost expected him to stamp his foot and pout that they should un-retire so he could have the same coaches. Maybe he could take over their retirement accounts and offer a lump sum to them to get them to stay. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It was just an opportunity for underdogg to to tar Kraft with the same brush as Jerry Jones. While the league itself is enjoying unprecedented popularity, not all of the owners (maybe you can guess some of their names) are benefiting equally from that success. That certain teams choose to initiate their own retirement plans in lieu of a league-wide plan that may not be as cost-beneficial should hardly shock anyone. It's a simple business decision that I'm sure a lot of large corporations are looking at in these troubled economic times.

I googled NFL Coaches Pension Plan and one of the things that came up was this:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/5/8/869208/what-teams-opted-out-of-the-nfl

It's truly hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]It was just an opportunity for underdogg to to tar Kraft with the same brush as Jerry Jones. While the league itself is enjoying unprecedented popularity, not all of the owners (maybe you can guess some of their names) are benefiting equally from that success.

Then he should at least attempt to explain it. if he had the balls.

The most funny, obnoxious thing I read when looking up the answer to this was on the stampede blue blog. The guy had listed Irsay as one of the most loyal owners because he had not opted out of the pension plan. I realize this is not the Irsay pere who took the team from Baltimore in the dead of night during a snowstorm, but he is in the weasel's family.

Anyway, you have to read this blog. Hilarious. They actually posted on the 20th that Mudd and Moore would be returning as consultants and the Colts confirmed this. Then it appears they forgot this and posted on the 27th that the Colts had just confirmed it. The blog is so good that even its own bloggers don't use it as a reference.

Anyway, I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION AND IT TURNS OUT UD IS, ONCE AGAIN, FULL OF S***.

It turns out that the Colts not pulling out of the pension plan isn't an issue. Nor is the Patriots pulling out. The issue is that there are several other teams that pulled out that are in the coaching history of Mudd and Moore. Those teams pulling out created an ambiguity in regards to the funding of their new retirement plans. If they did not fund them by at least 80% by a given date, then the lump sum option is removed. As they contributed to Mudd and Moore's pension, the lack of funding creates the potential change in payout. The information is in Peter King's article, I believe from last Monday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh, stampede blue also pointed out that Peyton "chooses his words very carefully".

So, I guess he really did mean to throw his line under the bus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You guys are hysterical.  Don't believe the media's selling of the story.  The comments he made were fairly innocuous - that the coaching situation could have been better communicated.  And here's another round of Pat fans talking about Manning "throwing his team under the bus".  You're too much!  This is a non-event.  Peyton wins his second MVP in a row.  Brady proves that most players lose something their first year back from major knee surgery, and as a result the Pats miss the playoffs...AGAIN!  (That will be the fourth time in the 2000's NE missed the playoffs!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are hysterical.  Don't believe the media's selling of the story.  The comments he made were fairly innocuous - that the coaching situation could have been better communicated.  And here's another round of Pat fans talking about Manning "throwing his team under the bus".  You're too much!  This is a non-event.  Peyton wins his second MVP in a row.  Brady proves that most players lose something their first year back from major knee surgery, and as a result the Pats miss the playoffs...AGAIN!  (That will be the fourth time in the 2000's NE missed the playoffs!)
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Actually, despite the title of the thread, I think most here believe he is just prepping everyone for cataclysmic failure this year and not really throwing his team under the bus. He is setting the table for a ready made "reason" (read excuse) to point to when the Colts end up third in the AFC South.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]Boy, I'm going to catch it for this.  I don't see how you can compare Tom to Peyton in this case.  Ol' Indy just had a major overhaul.  I don't know what this place would look like if Belichick left.  How would Tom react?  I do admit that Peyton was kinda quick on the trigger but we still have Belichick running things here.  We just don't know how Tom would react.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]
    Major overhaul?  How many coaches and front office personnel have the Patriots lost these last few years?  On the other hand, I guess that the Pats remaining a top-flight team despite their annual 'major overhauls' is just more proof of how great BB really is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[QUOTE]Major overhaul?  How many coaches and front office personnel have the Patriots lost these last few years?  On the other hand, I guess that the Pats remaining a top-flight team despite their annual 'major overhauls' is just more proof of how great BB really is.
    Posted by Will-Redd[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Sections
Shortcuts