Underwood over Price?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Underwood over Price?

Maybe Price keeps getting his routes wrong, I don't know. But from what I've seen he will not drop a ball that hits him in the hands when he's wide open. If only for that I would take him over Underwood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Underwood over Price?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : i noted that sardonically in the game thread. hes got the getting open down. now if he can work on the catching the ball part. :)
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Well, either he got separation or it was a blown coverage - would have to take another look. I was just being on the optimistic side.....lol Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]Looked In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : It looked like the ball was slightly overthrown to me. I could be wrong, but it certainly didn't look perfect. Juuuust a bit out of his reach. I'm sure he caught a bunch of balls in practice, better than Price, or he wouldn't have been out there. He definitely had his guy beat for a mile and if he can do that AND catch, he could be a pretty good pickup
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

I agree. It wasn't a perfect pass. BB admitted as much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Jeez, we're splitting hairs on perfect passes.  It hit him in the hands.  I probably could have caught it, I would expect a HS WR to catch it, I would expect a college WR to catch it, and I dang sure would expect a WR in the NFL to catch it.

I don't expect him to be perfect but 0 for 1 on passes that hit you in your hands is not a good start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Big drop that's for sure but man could you imagine playing in your first game off the street per say and having TB throw you the ball.  Perfect throw and he just looked like got nervous instead of letting his skills take over.

Someone mentioned the separation, I say let him get a few more shots who knows.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

A guy dropped a pass, when has that every happened before?

One pass dropped no matter how perfect or not, is not cause for him to be cut immediately.  Fans are so much fun....

Now Price, there's "a riddle wrapped in a mystery, inside of an enigma", that is driving many of us completely off the deep end. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Kid N Play is a Rutgers guy.  Maybe it's as simple as that...although I hope it's not. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez, we're splitting hairs on perfect passes.  It hit him in the hands.  I probably could have caught it, I would expect a HS WR to catch it, I would expect a college WR to catch it, and I dang sure would expect a WR in the NFL to catch it. I don't expect him to be perfect but 0 for 1 on passes that hit you in your hands is not a good start.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

True, he should definitely have caught it. He did have that wide-open-deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes Laughing

I think the patriots should still get the 3rd WR position established before playoffs. With an easier schedule, it's the perfect time for the scrubs to get some work in at game speed. I just don't think Ocho is the answer going forward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : True, he should definitely have caught it. He did have that wide-open-deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes I think the patriots should still get the 3rd WR position established before playoffs. With an easier schedule, it's the perfect time for the scrubs to get some work in at game speed. I just don't think Ocho is the answer going forward.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

without an outside the #s threat and ridley and or vereen seeing significant playing time including catching passes out of the backfield, i have concerns about our championship hopes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Kid'n play has nearly the same measurables as Price in terms of speed, size etc. What made one a 3rd round pick and one a 7th I don't know. I don't have alot of faith in Underwood, but you never know, he apparently made Price expendable a week after showing up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]Kid'n play has nearly the same measurables as Price in terms of speed, size etc. What made one a 3rd round pick and one a 7th I don't know. I don't have alot of faith in Underwood, but you never know, he apparently made Price expendable a week after showing up.

I'm inclined to agree.  I don't see the Price release and the Underwood additon as coincidence.  Let's see what Underwood can do.  Never know about those late round draft choices, do we?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Apparenty Underwood has the speed that Price has for the deep ball, lets see him make some plays and maybe they'll cut Ocho Stinko too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]Someone made a stellar decision there.  Lets start the guy who drops a wide open TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball.  Isn't having one Ochostinko enough for any team?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

So he dropped a pass. He has only had one chance so far. I've seen Gronk and Welker drop TDs this year. Should we bench them. Give him a chance. Brady said he has been good in practice and it is no big deal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Price keeps getting his routes wrong, I don't know. But from what I've seen he will not drop a ball that hits him in the hands when he's wide open. If only for that I would take him over Underwood.

Geez...Belichick must have missed that. Maybe you should send him an email to let him know he cut Price by mistake and Underwood should go because he dropped a pass that actually was a tad too far ahead of him. But even if it hit him in the chest, it is ONE pass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Truth to tell, neither Underwood nor Price has shown a heck of a lot on the field, so my guess is that Underwood practices a heck of a lot harder than Price did. This is sort of backed up by some of the things that came from O'Brien this week. I'm still not sure what we can expect from Underwood, or if he even really is the third WR (my bet is that the spot is Ocho's to lose even in spite of the way this year's gone for him - 85 HAS played better over the last half of the year and seemed to be getting it before injuring his hamstring before the last game (and by getting it I don't mean breaking out - just being a reliable #2/3, which would be just fine at this point)).

I don't necessarily agree that they need the #3 WR spot solidified, since they have Hernandez who is effectively our #2 WR and Branch is our #3, but it would be nice to know that Brady has confidence in all of our recievers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : Geez...Belichick must have missed that. Maybe you should send him an email to let him know he cut Price by mistake and Underwood should go because he dropped a pass that actually was a tad too far ahead of him. But even if it hit him in the chest, it is ONE pass.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can keep reading to the part where I said I don't expect him to be perfect. I'm not gonna sit here like some and say it was a bad pass or the sun was in his eyes and make excuses why he dropped a pass that should have been caught. If Brady's pass wasn't perfect than 99% of all passes are not perfect. It was perfect enough to be caught by 90% of receivers 90% of the time. I'd love for Underwood to work out and be great. But Price showed little, and so far Underwood has shown less.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : Maybe you can keep reading to the part where I said I don't expect him to be perfect. I'm not gonna sit here like some and say it was a bad pass or the sun was in his eyes and make excuses why he dropped a pass that should have been caught. If Brady's pass wasn't perfect than 99% of all passes are not perfect. It was perfect enough to be caught by 90% of receivers 90% of the time. I'd love for Underwood to work out and be great. But Price showed little, and so far Underwood has shown less.

After one game? It's fair to say that Underwood has had less than one month of experience in the Patriots' offense. Price has been in the sx for 2 years; albeit w/ injuries. To me, Ocho is more of a failure because he's had part of a pre-season and 11 games under his belt AND he's getting paid pretty well for little real performance.

I say, give Underwood a chance for the rest of the season. He may still pan out as a terrible WR, but the Patriots can't get any worse for the 3rd or 4th WR at this point.  I was actually hoping to give Slater more touches too before the regular season is over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : After one game? It's fair to say that Underwood has had less than one month of experience in the Patriots' offense. Price has been in the sx for 2 years; albeit w/ injuries. To me, Ocho is more of a failure because he's had part of a pre-season and 11 games under his belt AND he's getting paid pretty well for little real performance. I say, give Underwood a chance for the rest of the season. He may still pan out as a terrible WR, but the Patriots can't get any worse for the 3rd or 4th WR at this point.  I was actually hoping to give Slater more touches too before the regular season is over.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I'm giving him a chance, I hope he does make it. My point is let's not start making excuses for his one play. That play happened, it was his fault. He can't undo it but he can make us forget by showing something on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood over Price? : I'm giving him a chance, I hope he does make it. My point is let's not start making excuses for his one play. That play happened, it was his fault. He can't undo it but he can make us forget by showing something on the field.
    Oh, I agree with you. If anything it would have done a world of good for his confidence (and Brady's confidence in him).  5 more games to delevelop the kid; if possible. Laughing