Uniform against the Cowboys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Uniform against the Cowboys?

I heard the Pats will be wearing white at home? Is this true? If so, why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Uniform against the Cowboys?

Dallas wears white at home, blue in away games. It would be weird/confusing to have both teams wearing a close to identical uniform color. Its a tradition in Dallas to wear the white uniform at home.

Its a pain that the Pats have to adjust what they are wearing at home because of the opposing team but whatever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

New England should just throw back again to stay with a colored jersey at home. Wearing white at home is too much like obliging Dallas. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

According to this article, http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/071025, the Cowboys almost always wear white because the blue ones are cursed,

6. THE CURSE OF THE BLUE JERSEY
    The Cowboys were the designated home team in Super Bowl V, which meant they had to wear blue (the rule since has been changed to allow the designated home team the choice of wearing white or colors). Dallas lost the game, and the legend of "the blue jersey curse" was born. In subsequent years, opposing teams periodically have worn white at home just to force Dallas to wear blue -- most famously in the 1981 NFC championship game, when the Eagles wore white at Veterans Stadium and won, thereby cementing the blue jersey's status as uni non grata.

Uniqueness Factor: High. While there are other NFL teams that prefer to stick with one jersey, no other team has developed such lore and superstition around one uni element.

Annoyance Factor: Low. Uniform-based rituals and mythologies are A-OK with Uni Watch.

Perhaps Belichick knew about this? http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/10/14/so-why-did-the-patriots-make-the-cowboys-wear-those-ugly-blue-jerseys-and-links/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Any statistics on how they the blue-jerseys fare in regular season games? Hopefully that curse continues, but then again, I don't really like the white at home...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

as long as they dont wear those silver ( Grey!  look like dirty havent been washed white ) jerseys .
      albeit , they won they won the "Tuna Bowl " wearing them the last time they played the Cowboys at the blade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yhe Pats should wear the same ones they wore last week,they won that game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

I'm pretty sure they stopped using the silver jerseys, I remember reading somewhere that the red throwbacks are now the official "alternate" jerseys

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: Uniform against the Cowboys?:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure they stopped using the silver jerseys, I remember reading somewhere that the red throwbacks are now the official "alternate" jerseys
    Posted by Kurupt[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure they stopped using the silver jerseys, I remember reading somewhere that the red throwbacks are now the official "alternate" jerseys
    Posted by Kurupt[/QUOTE]

so much better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Uniform against the Cowboys?:
    [QUOTE]I heard the Pats will be wearing white at home? Is this true? If so, why?
    Posted by Kurupt[/QUOTE]

As I remember it, the Pats wore their silver uniforms against the Cowboys when they visited Foxborough 3-4 years ago, too, forcing Dallas to wear their blue uniforms

Interesting piece of gamesmanship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought the home team got to pick what jerseys it would wear and the visitors had to choose a contrasting color.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]Dallas wears white at home, blue in away games. It would be weird/confusing to have both teams wearing a close to identical uniform color. Its a tradition in Dallas to wear the white uniform at home. Its a pain that the Pats have to adjust what they are wearing at home because of the opposing team but whatever.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I can assure you the Pats are not adjusting to the away team's jersey choice.  The home team picks their jersey and then the away team follows.  The Cowboys usually end up wearing white in almost every game of the season because of this.  The Pats probably picked white because of the supposed "curse" of the Cowboys wearing their blue jerseys, or at least the fact that they don't like to do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]New England should just throw back again to stay with a colored jersey at home. Wearing white at home is too much like obliging Dallas. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I agree. I may be old fashioned but I'd like them to go throwback permanently. It's a much better look IMO.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Exactly, it's just a mind game by Bill. This blog post sums it up pretty well, with pictures!
    http://lonestarstruck.com/2011/10/remember-the-blue-jersey-jinx.html

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

there are lots of little psychological things which NFL teams do.  visiting locker rooms are normally blue (calming effect). there are a lot more which i am surprised they don't do. i would lower the bench height in the locker rooms by 3", have all of the toilets but 2 in the visiting locker room broken, have the towels be 6" shorter than normal in width and length, make the hot water 10 degrees cooler than normal, play classical music in the opposing teams locker room, among other things. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Logic should tell us that what color each team wears shouldn't really matter, but athletes (especially baseball players) are a notoriously superstitious lot, and any psychological advantage you can gain may not help, but it certainly won't hurt.

And plus besides . . .  to hell with the Cowboys and their "tradition." They're the Notre Dame of the NFL (really, that's the other way around: Notre Dame is the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Uniform against the Cowboys?:
    [QUOTE]I heard the Pats will be wearing white at home? Is this true? If so, why?
    Posted by Kurupt[/QUOTE]

where did you hear it from? it's home game and i'm sure the Patriots will wear blue like they always do.

white is normaly the road color for any team. Dallas just has a tradition of wearing white at home.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]where did you hear it from? it's home game and i'm sure the Patriots will wear blue like they always do. white is normaly the road color for any team. Dallas just has a tradition of wearing white at home.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706227/patriots-to-wear-white-on-sunday

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah. I believe the visiting locker room at Iowa is pink.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Hilarious! As you know, Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz is a former UMaine head coach and an assistant to Belichick in his Cleveland tenure.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Just think how a team, already supersticious, will react once there's a turnover or some kind of Romo screw-up!...Master Hoodie taking a page from the Red Auerbach school of "gtting any advantage over your opponent possible and making them carry the psychological burden" away from home. It just adds to the burden of being in hostile territory. Especially YANKEE territory!