Union Decertifies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Union Decertifies

It's headed for court now.  This puts a big question mark on whether there will be a football season next year.  Even if there is a season, the NFL as we know it could be radically changed.  Things like salary caps, rookie wage scales, restricted free agency, and even the draft are now up in the air. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Union Decertifies

It really does s*ck Killa. I thought they'd get something worked out, but apparently the owners refused to budge on releasing more financial data and the players weren't going to make any larger concessions without getting that data. 

I heard that Brady will be one of the players filing the anti-trust suit against the NFL.  Will be interesting to see how that plays out.  Talk about awkward days in Foxboro. 

Maybe there's a reason Brady prefers to be in Brazil right now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yup, hard to imagine a breakthrough anytime soon.  No minicamps and an almost certain delay to training camp; if not the season itself.  Looks like we'll be so bored come August that we'll be exchanging cookie recipes on here.

This is more problematic to the owners.  Judge Doty is very player friendly.  Unless the owners mange to win a key appeal, this will cost them a lot.  However, they know this.  It must mean they are pretty adamant about defending their last offer.  Some of these legal battles could take a while to settle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well this certainly sucks you no what!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"I didn't see this coming".  Helen Keller

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies:
    Get ready for all the people hating on Brady for being involved in this. All the haters will be out in full force with the "He needs to be focusing on football not his court date" bull sh*t. I can just see it now. The worst part is that will be Pats fans saying that not trolls.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Although it's really just a symbolic move by Brady, your prediction will come true.  I'm a long way from criticizing Brady the player, but what he did is hardly anything I would have done only months after being rewarded so well by Kraft.  I would have politely asked that they find another symbolic name on their lawsuit...or perhaps put my name on one of the other lawsuits that doesn't quite have the sting of the antitrust suit.

I would hardly be surprised if this doesn't chill relations between Brady and Kraft a bit.  Kraft strikes me as the type of person who will expect a little bit of loyalty from those he has treated real well.  Like I said, it's only symbolic, but I would have recused myself if I were Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe Brady still will drop his name from the suit, but that's not what the news reports are saying. 

Actually (and the reports are fuzzy), the first suit may be to prevent a lockout. Remember, if there's a lockout, Brady and all the other players don't get paid, so I can see Brady suing to allow him and others to play and get paid. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I can tell you one thing if they miss the entire season over this BS they will 100% lose their fans. I know I would not watch for at least a season just out of spite alone to send a message. Thats what happened with hockey and heck hockey is just starting to come back in the States.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Did you already send in your season ticket money. I know I did . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Union Decertifies:
    It's headed for court now.  This puts a big question mark on whether there will be a football season next year.  Even if there is a season, the NFL as we know it could be radically changed.  Things like salary caps, rookie wage scales, restricted free agency, and even the draft are now up in the air. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Something tells me the union might be overplaying their hand.  I'm sure the owners are prepared for the court battle (yeah, I know they lost 20 years ago) and my guess is the union's trump card may not be the winning hand this time.  I think this might go down as mistaken strategy on the unions part.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Union Decertifies : Something tells me the union might be overplaying their hand.  I'm sure the owners are prepared for the court battle (yeah, I know they lost 20 years ago) and my guess is the union's trump card may not be the winning hand this time.  I think this might go down as mistaken strategy on the unions part.
    Posted by sfpat

It's a risky strategy, definitely.  That said, I could also see the owners being overconfident too.  Next week will be very interesting since we may start to learn how the Courts and NLRB are leaning.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

My understanding is that any guaranteed money is just that guaranteed. So Brady and Manning will get paid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

screw the NFL and the owners and players..............I hope they lose millions............they lost me.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Its the owners, not the players.  The owners are incredibly greedy billionare republicans.  A bunch of them inherited their team from daddy. The have all made INSANE amounts of money from the teams, kraft made a billion.  While kraft definitely worked hard for his money, th problem is that the owners want more money then they deserve.  The nfl is making so much money now, but the greedy typical republican owners want more.
    Just like a republican, they always want more more more.  They're never satisfied untill they can squeeze every last cent out of the people.  They charge a fortune to go to games, they make hundreds of millions of dollars, and they want more.  They get huge tax cuts to build their stadiums, but they want more.  We pump our hard earned money into their pockets, but they want more.
    I hope everyone recognizes the problem here, when are people going to stand up to the owners???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From the AP.  Apparently the suit has already been filed:

MVP Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are among the players who filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL on Friday to prevent a lockout.

Just after the players' union decertified, the star quarterbacks and seven other players filed suit against the NFL in U.S. District Court, seeking class-action against the league. They also filed a request for an injunction that would keep the NFL and the teams from engaging in a lockout.

The collective bargaining agreement with the league expires at the end of Friday.

Also involved in bringing the lawsuit: San Diego receiver Vincent Jackson, Minnesota linebacker Ben Leber and defensive end Brian Robison, New England guard Logan Mankins, New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, Kansas City linebacker Mike Vrabel, and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller, who is entered in this year's draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Green Bay Packers made $4 million that is about what Ty Warren made to show up in camp and say I need hip surgery now because I was going to school and I cannot multi-task.  Give my my money.

The Operating numbers quoted for the NFL teams by Forbes do not include the little expenses like Depreciation, Interest and Taxes.

The first thing DeMaurice said when he was hired was: "I hope for peace, but I am preparing for war."  Class Act

Decertify, fine.  I wouldn't recognize them and inform them the NFLPA no longer has standing and give them a time table to come back or you will void all contracts and start over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

From the AP.  Apparently the suit has already been filed: MVP Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are among the players who filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL on Friday to prevent a lockout. Just after the players' union decertified, the star quarterbacks and seven other players filed suit against the NFL in U.S. District Court, seeking class-action against the league. They also filed a request for an injunction that would keep the NFL and the teams from engaging in a lockout. The collective bargaining agreement with the league expires at the end of Friday. Also involved in bringing the lawsuit: San Diego receiver Vincent Jackson, Minnesota linebacker Ben Leber and defensive end Brian Robison, New England guard Logan Mankins, New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, Kansas City linebacker Mike Vrabel, and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller, who is entered in this year's draft.

Question, since Manning, Jackson, and Mankins don't currently have contracts would that mean they can't fill suit against the league considering they don't technically work for the league right now?

Another question is it smart of the Union to role out the top paid player in the league, the guy who wants to be the top paid player, the guy who wants to be the top paid OL man, and the guy who wants to be paid the top WR as guys to fight for equal pay rights? You'd think they'd want to get as many min wage guys to file as passable not the ones getting paid and want to be paid the most

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

Its the owners, not the players.  The owners are incredibly greedy billionare republicans.  A bunch of them inherited their team from daddy. The have all made INSANE amounts of money from the teams, kraft made a billion.  While kraft definitely worked hard for his money, th problem is that the owners want more money then they deserve.  The nfl is making so much money now, but the greedy typical republican owners want more. Just like a republican, they always want more more more.  They're never satisfied untill they can squeeze every last cent out of the people.  They charge a fortune to go to games, they make hundreds of millions of dollars, and they want more.  They get huge tax cuts to build their stadiums, but they want more.  We pump our hard earned money into their pockets, but they want more. I hope everyone recognizes the problem here, when are people going to stand up to the owners???
    Posted by fancy-shamanski

Wow. so how do you feel about republicans???

FIrst let me just say this, I own 2 small businesses. If my employees came to me and said , Hey...open your books and show me how much money your making, they would be right out the door.

It's actually none of the Unions business what the owners are making, football players are nothing more than employees, period. Oh and before you say anything, I was a democrat and x-Union official Union Steward of the IBEW local 1505 in Mass.

When employees start telling you how to run your business and demand your books, you are in big trouble.

The problem here fancy-shamanski isnt republican owners, greedy players, corrupt politicians or judges, it is the FANS!

Yes the fool hungry Fans that pay ridiculous money to go to games, that buy ridiculous NFL clothing, statues, furniture Television packages and anything else to do with the NFL.  The owners supply the teams while WE THE FOOLISH FANS pay for everything else.

Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : ...Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens
    Posted by Stommmper

So true, Stommmper...  this type of action is the only way to get the message to the owners and the players that WITHOUT the fans they have bumpkiss!!  Question is, though, will the fans take such an action?  I hope what is happening here, given the BILLIONS of dollars at stake, all paid for by the fans in one way or another, will result in a fan rebellion and I would love to see the whole lot suffer a season of no support from the fans.  There are many other ways to enjoy our Sunday!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Union Decertifies:

Surprise, Huh?

Let's see who's got the most resolve.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Wow. so how do you feel about republicans??? FIrst let me just say this, I own 2 small businesses. If my employees came to me and said , Hey...open your books and show me how much money your making, they would be right out the door. It's actually none of the Unions business what the owners are making, football players are nothing more than employees, period. Oh and before you say anything, I was a democrat and x-Union official Union Steward of the IBEW local 1505 in Mass. When employees start telling you how to run your business and demand your books, you are in big trouble. The problem here fancy-shamanski isnt republican owners, greedy players, corrupt politicians or judges, it is the FANS! Yes the fool hungry Fans that pay ridiculous money to go to games, that buy stupid NFL clothing, statues, furniture Television packages and anything else to do with the NFL.  The owners supply the teams while the IDIOTIC FANS pay for everything else. Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens
    Posted by Stommmper

Stommmper you are going to give fancy a headache if they have to think that everything money related isn't entirely republicans fault. I mean it's not like the states with the largest debt are true blue and rife with corruption and already highly paid union workers asking for more money raising taxes while others suffer.

BTW I'm an independent and think the idea of a state so set on one party that there will never be parity is asking for corruption and huge taxes to pay for scams because those in office have zero fear of not being re-elected with the right letter next to their name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Stommmper you are going to give fancy a headache if they have to think that everything money related isn't entirely republicans fault. I mean it's not like the states with the largest debt are true blue and rife with corruption and already highly paid union workers asking for more money raising taxes while others suffer. BTW I'm an independent and think the idea of a state so set on one party that there will never be parity is asking for corruption and huge taxes to pay for scams because those in office have zero fear of not being re-elected with the right the letter next to their name.
    Posted by PatsEng
    PATSENG...Great response.
    The real total truth and power is in each and everyone of us in these forums.

I know this is asking a lot because hey, look we all work hard and love to watch football every Sunday, but isnt this just a huge slap in the face?
    The NFL and PLayers saying, we want more of the FOOLISH FANS MONEY!

People if you ever wanted to join together for something, to actually unite and make a show of the fans base then this is the perfect opprotunity.
    I would gladly pay for a website and pass it around where each fan signs on to join in a 1 year boycott of the NFL and its players.

The owners have lawyers, the players have the union, what do the fans have???
    Actually more power than any of them IF they unite.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

There'll be a season because we are talking about a lot more money than they had even 5 years ago.

The deal is ready to be done. It's too bad the players play victim here.

I can see why Vrabel was dealt with Cassel in the Chiefs deal.

I am also not surprised the union was disingenous about negotiating, posturing here in the last 7 days.  It's what unions do to show they have leverage.

The problem remains, the players aren't victims and they aren't businessmen investing in the league they play in.

It's too bad, but there will be a season because the billionaires and millionaires want to remain billionaires and millionaires.

Finally, what a disgrace DeMaurice Smith is.

DeMaurice Smith is a lawyer who wants to make money.  Everything he has said is it what is wrong with lawyers. 

"Let me tell you"

Yes, tell us, DeMaurice.  

Mr. Mara said it best.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Wow. so how do you feel about republicans??? FIrst let me just say this, I own 2 small businesses. If my employees came to me and said , Hey...open your books and show me how much money your making, they would be right out the door. It's actually none of the Unions business what the owners are making, football players are nothing more than employees, period. Oh and before you say anything, I was a democrat and x-Union official Union Steward of the IBEW local 1505 in Mass. When employees start telling you how to run your business and demand your books, you are in big trouble. The problem here fancy-shamanski isnt republican owners, greedy players, corrupt politicians or judges, it is the FANS! Yes the fool hungry Fans that pay ridiculous money to go to games, that buy ridiculous NFL clothing, statues, furniture Television packages and anything else to do with the NFL.  The owners supply the teams while WE THE FOOLISH FANS pay for everything else. Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens
    Posted by Stommmper

And what businesses are these?  The lemonade stand and the baseball card booth at the county fair?

Unions don't have lawyers?  Really? Get to college much?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Wow. so how do you feel about republicans??? FIrst let me just say this, I own 2 small businesses. If my employees came to me and said , Hey...open your books and show me how much money your making, they would be right out the door. It's actually none of the Unions business what the owners are making, football players are nothing more than employees, period. Oh and before you say anything, I was a democrat and x-Union official Union Steward of the IBEW local 1505 in Mass. When employees start telling you how to run your business and demand your books, you are in big trouble. The problem here fancy-shamanski isnt republican owners, greedy players, corrupt politicians or judges, it is the FANS! Yes the fool hungry Fans that pay ridiculous money to go to games, that buy ridiculous NFL clothing, statues, furniture Television packages and anything else to do with the NFL.  The owners supply the teams while WE THE FOOLISH FANS pay for everything else. Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens
    Posted by Stommmper

Actually it is their business when the owners are setting there and telling the players they need to take a paycut because they can't make a profit without them being paid less but then you look at their bottom line they are making huge profits. So all the players are asking for is the right to see if what the owners are saying is accurate. It's time people get of their tea baggin ass*s and wake up. Since the decline of union representation in this country back in the 1980's the average compensation between workers and owners went from about a 70 time diffrential to over 1000 time. When you have top two percent of the country owning over 60 percent of the wealth that aint no democracy that is a good old monarcy. BTW you did happen to notice the list of the country's wealthiest people and who was on it from MA didn't you.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Its the owners, not the players.  The owners are incredibly greedy billionare republicans.  A bunch of them inherited their team from daddy. The have all made INSANE amounts of money from the teams, kraft made a billion.  While kraft definitely worked hard for his money, th problem is that the owners want more money then they deserve.  The nfl is making so much money now, but the greedy typical republican owners want more. Just like a republican, they always want more more more.  They're never satisfied untill they can squeeze every last cent out of the people.  They charge a fortune to go to games, they make hundreds of millions of dollars, and they want more.  They get huge tax cuts to build their stadiums, but they want more.  We pump our hard earned money into their pockets, but they want more. I hope everyone recognizes the problem here, when are people going to stand up to the owners???
    Posted by fancy-shamanski

Have you been parentally brainwashed into thinking all rich people are these greedy evil people?  Is that what your parents told you when you didn't get presents for X-Mas?  Did they tell you they can't afford gifts because they are too honest to be successful?  Kraft has given more to charities than you and your offspring will make over your entire life.  Let me guess...you think they only do it for the tax write off?  You probably don't know the difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit.  I grew up dirt poor and I'm doing well now.  I probably knew more greedy poor people than I do rich people.  You know, that guy who will quickly hit you up for $5 but would never do the same.

And then get your facts straight.  Although the majority of the teams (21) do donate more to Republicans than Democrats, only 11 donate an overwhelming amount (70%+) to Republicans.  And our team donates 72% to Democrats.

Go back and cuss your parents out for shortchanging you in your upbringing.  I've never met someone that makes such sweeping characterizations about either party who isn't just regurgitating stuff they were taught growing up.  Think for yourself for God's sake.  Or just try thinking period!

Sections
Shortcuts