Union Decertifies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

Re: Union Decertifies

In Response to Re: Union Decertifies:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : And what businesses are these?  The lemonade stand and the baseball card booth at the county fair? Unions don't have lawyers?  Really? Get to college much?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, well business number one is called Aatlas Auction in Ormond Beach, we've been in business for 12 years, last year we did just over 3 million in sales without including any Business Forclosures.
      Now business #2 is called Driven Mobility LLC, we just started importing the PUP-el Outdoor Mobility Carts teaming with Zimmerman Advertising here in Florida for sales in the USA and awaiting approval from Medicare if you must know doussshebag, dealerships are going to be available, but to qualified business owners, which leaves you out of the mix junior.

Ahhh Crusty, I never said Unions didnt have Lawyers numb-nuts, thats more of your moronic interpretations and lesser brain functions at work again.
     Everyone involved and concerned with the NFL ,CBA situation has legal representation Mr. Mucous Membrane, but see, most of us out here already know that without having to mention it. But since your from LA LA Land, it's now been said. Happy?

As for college, yes I did. 2 years at Berklee School of Music in Mass, and 4 years at UMass Lowell with a Business Degree.  I also did 1 year at Law School of Daytona Beach for reasons concerning Business and then left.

Now, any other questions Buttt-Muncher?
    RUsty....here's a picture of you below being surgically removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I certainly see both sides here. The owners take the risk, it's their team blah, blah, blah!  It is the players who make the teams, I pay and love the sport because of the players. They are what makes the owners rich, very rich. 

BUT!!! It's us fans who pay all the freaking money for the owners to pay the players that we love to watch. And it's us fans who get screwed! I love this game but it's us who lose here!

The owners will just keep uping the ticket prices, food and beer prices, directv will increase their prices in order to pay the owners who pay the players.  We are the suckers and we have no say in any of this.  They got us and they know it.  I know I won't stop watching regardless of what happens.

BTW, for the record, I'm for keeping 16 game seasons but cutting a preseason game or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Impossible. Bea Arthur died recently.  She was a character on one of Stomper's favorite shows (The Golden Girls).
    EVERYONE......LOOK at Crusty Rusty.... He made a funny!
    Rusty this is a good sign, it seems your medications are working and your starting to form a functional awareness and in the beginning stages of secular inclusion.

RUSTY...
    Could it be that your brain is actually modifying itself into a grandus incantation of molecular affirmation in which you will be totally functional and prosperous in the human condition?
    answer:.....F-k  NO!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

I commend the Union.  

The Owners are claiming financial hardship but won't open their books?   

1 billion over 4 years is alot of money.  The players want to work with the owners but only a fool would negociate blind.  They need to know how much "hardship" there actually is before they agree to concessions.  

The lawsuits will force the owners to disclose earnings.   Once they do, they will all be able to sit down and work out a deal.  

My gut tells me the owners won't let it get that far.   Billionaires never want the government to know what their really making. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Wow. so how do you feel about republicans??? FIrst let me just say this, I own 2 small businesses. If my employees came to me and said , Hey...open your books and show me how much money your making, they would be right out the door. It's actually none of the Unions business what the owners are making, football players are nothing more than employees, period. Oh and before you say anything, I was a democrat and x-Union official Union Steward of the IBEW local 1505 in Mass. When employees start telling you how to run your business and demand your books, you are in big trouble. The problem here fancy-shamanski isnt republican owners, greedy players, corrupt politicians or judges, it is the FANS! Yes the fool hungry Fans that pay ridiculous money to go to games, that buy ridiculous NFL clothing, statues, furniture Television packages and anything else to do with the NFL.  The owners supply the teams while WE THE FOOLISH FANS pay for everything else. Want to stop ALL THIS GREED OF PLAYERS AND OWNERS?????  Try boycotting football for 1 year and see what happens
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]

The NFl is a little different that your small businesses.  

THe Players aren't unskilled labor.

Without the talent, there is no NFL.  The players Union has alot of leverage.  The Union is entered in a business partnership with the owners.   No business partner would ever agree to give up money without seeing financials to support the need.  

Don't knock the players Union because they are too smart to gert duped by owners who have already tried to pull a fast one with their backdoor deal that they made with the TV contracts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

I will say one thing that I think is changing. This is just from my perspective and that of the people I know, purely middle class families. Years and years ago, we would go to probably 10 Sox games a year and probably 1 or 2 Pats games. That has changed a lot. We try to go once per year to both now. We just dont have the spare cash to spend on going anymore, although I would like too. It is not the ticket prices like a lot of people complain about, as much as the cost of everything else. For example, we just got a $350 heating bill for last month. Used to be a 3rd of that 10 years ago and I made more per hour at the job I had then than what I make now. Not to mention gas, food and electric. And property taxes as well. The costs for these needed items eats up a lot of what we used to use for entertainment. Things like baseball and football tickets are one of the first items that got cut back on in our house. I think this will happen to more and more families as the prices continue to go up over the next few years. That is danger to these leagues I think.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am still chuckling at Stompper failing out of Berklee and pretending a UMass Lowell business degree and a Daytona something or other somehow tells us he owns two companies.

Sweet backpedal from Stompie-poopie.  Apparently, he said the union does have lawyers even though he did not say that.

lol

Yes, good thing you moved to Florida.

Hey, at least he's entertaining.

Good thing you went to college and learned how to write, too. I am impressed. We all are.  Hey, let's do lunch and make a deal. lol
    Oh my.

Note to self:

Don't do any business with the rube in Florida who claims to own two businesses who once claimed to go to Berkleee and flunked out.

You should have stuck to the music thing, Stompie.  Comedy and logic aren't your strengths.  

Here is Stomper on his best day:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

First now- I, like many average & modest incomed Americans, FIRST sided with Labor, with the players...  Unless you're a rich pr!ck yourself, sheezus-No brainer.  The Owners REFUSE to divulge their earnings, the owners PRE-planned this b#llsh#t "potential" lockout YEARS in advance with That On Demand extra 1 bil- ONE BILLION- sent straight to them, just "in case" (wink-wink) there'd be a lockout 2 years down the road, And even up until yesterday, when the owners weren't BUDGING (yesterday), and laughably had the NFLPA and their lawyers and mitigators waiting for a meeting with them for HOURS, then laughably the owners just up and left, leaving the players clueless (and p!ssed).  And LMFAO- Do Not, Do NOT give me the fact that The Green Bay Packers are NOT privately owned and that they made only 4 mil last year...  I saw the article, it's b#llshit... Saying that an NFL Team is "privately owned" when it's made of BOARD of DIRECTORS and CEOs getting paid millions (which, is obviously an "operating expense" so it doesn't factor in to this "4 million profit")- AND saying that Green Bay DID "open their books" because they "Have to" simply because they sell shares of stocks to the public...THIS is EVEN MORE cr#p... Did'ya SEE the "open books" RE: Green Bay's 2010 Total Profits?!?  It was like 3 numbers!  Haha, "These are our books-Made this, Cost us this, Here's the difference...Well, seein' as that this is all wrapped up nicely, let's have lunch."  NOT to even MENTION that NONE of this counts that starnge little added NON-Profit-Cost of things like investments, failed investments, debts, past debts to players, shops, stadiums, community upkeep-LMFAO!  It even SAID this IN the Green Bay Article!

So...I sided WITH The Players... Until today.  Today, and I'm glad that MANY other Patriots AND NFL Fans en masse, are seeing similiar light...TO-day, I'm siding with The Fans.  The Fans lose...noone else.  Players decertified with time still left on the bargaining timetable clock...AND they decertified BECAUSE they in most probability, now have an NFLPA-friendly judge...An NFLPA judge, that players right NOW, can use, In order to sue the Owners...The BILLIONAIRE Owners (who won't divulge fact #1 RE: Their Total Earnings)- For said players, in many cases- MULTI-million Dollar Salaries, that they will not get IF there's no NFL...but, multi-million dollar salaries, said players, Can NOW get with no Union to bargain and potentially help resolve this, IF and WHEN (i.e. when) there's no NFL...

No Owner and really, ZERO current NFL veteran Pro Football Player, loses here.  Owners get their billions and hidden bottom-line-earnings-figures, Players get their 100's of thousands and millions while getting a year off for vaca... And a year goes by...And BOTH The OWNERS AND THE PLAYERS, who saw this coming from miles away, who even planned financial contingencies so they wouldn't lose much at all, And who BOTH were unyielding and implaccable FAR to many times, WITH one another...get to pick up where they left off in a year down the road, as if nothing ever happened....

The one's who lose and have LOST, ARE The NFL Fans, period point blank.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I am still chuckling at Stompper failing out of Berklee and pretending a UMass Lowell business degree and a Daytona something or other somehow tells us he owns two companies. Sweet backpedal from Stompie-poopie.  Apparently, he said the union does have lawyers even though he did not say that. lol Yes, good thing you moved to Florida. Hey, at least he's entertaining. Good thing you went to college and learned how to write, too. I am impressed. We all are.  Hey, let's do lunch and make a deal. lol Oh my. Note to self: Don't do any business with the rube in Florida who claims to own two businesses who once claimed to go to Berkleee and flunked out. You should have stuck to the music thing, Stompie.  Comedy and logic aren't your strengths.   Here is Stomper on his best day:

Yea lol...IF only poor stommper had the knowledge and skill, to stick with that lil "Berklee thing."  Stommp might have amounted to supposedly doing a screenplay which apparently played in 2 or 3 states, of an awful and lesser-well-known, Elton John song...Indeed, the world coulda and would have been, poor ole stommper's oyster bed...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Let's pretend that I am King of the NFL-What do I do in this situation?  Here is what I would do: 1.  Lock out no one.  Honor every contract for players who actually show up to uphold their contractual obligations. 2.  After appropriate notice, inform players who are under contract but who do not report for work that their services are terminated and that they are free agents and no longer welcome at the team's facilities. 3.  Expand the 2011 draft to 15 rounds. 4.  Negotiate only with drafted or undrafted players or their family if the player is under the age of 21.  No professional sports agents allowed. 5.  Negotiate only with free agent players who are not under contract but who wish to play in the NFL.  No professional sports agents allowed. 6.  Impose a team salary cap based upon a fifty-player roster (with no individual player capped). 7.  Provide a Brief to the Courts that welcomes competition to the NFL.  No NFL franchise will oppose the entry of a competing professional football league into its market. The first couple of years will be a bit quirky and probably will be parity at its finest.  It certainly will be interesting and players who say they that they have limited life-playing spans will be forced to prove it. Clearly I am declaring war on the Players Union.  Unions were formed to protect workers who had no leverage at a time in this country when owner/operators had all of the power.  In that context, unions served a very positive and useful purpose.  That is as far from the truth as can be in this situation.  Not a single one of the members of this union has a problem feeding his family.
    Posted by RonMan[/QUOTE]

Love it.

Co-sign.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]I am still chuckling at Stompper failing out of Berklee and pretending a UMass Lowell business degree and a Daytona something or other somehow tells us he owns two companies. Sweet backpedal from Stompie-poopie.  Apparently, he said the union does have lawyers even though he did not say that. lol Yes, good thing you moved to Florida. Hey, at least he's entertaining. Good thing you went to college and learned how to write, too. I am impressed. We all are.  Hey, let's do lunch and make a deal. lol Oh my. Note to self: Don't do any business with the rube in Florida who claims to own two businesses who once claimed to go to Berkleee and flunked out. You should have stuck to the music thing, Stompie.  Comedy and logic aren't your strengths.   Here is Stomper on his best day:
    Poor Poor Rusty...
    Yeah here is the link to the fake Web site for the fake PUP-el and fake Driven Mobility LLC under our fake aatlas auction company name. This is just a preliminary outline of the site, Zimmerman has the Cart now and is constructing the new phase and outlines for launch. ( http://aatlasauction.com/ )

Sorry Rusty, we are a little slow this month,
     but the transition stage is due to attorney's for Zimmerman Advertising and the setup between Dayton Beach and Tallahassee Florida, its complicated, you wouldnt understand.
    Ya see, we are working out schedules of Operational Shows here in FLorida to give an official launch of the product, and with Fox News both here in FLorida and in Mass, where my brother will open the first dealership up there of the PUP within the next 45 days.

Yeah I guess I made all this up just to impress you Rusty Pink Hat.

Oh and Rusty, I didnt back pedal as you always do. I said the Owners have their Lawyers and the Players have the Union (which all Unions have Attorney's)

Oh I almost forgot, I  never flunked out of Berklee, I didnt go back for the 3rd or 4th year Genius, I went to UMass for Business instead.  See Rusty, sometimes people have more than just 1 option, Im just sorry yours is being a Monkey in a Zoo.
    So please, go to the fake website and see the fake mobility cart we have from fake China.
    How sad your world is only make believe!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, you flunked.  Because you don't walk into Berklee. No one flunks Berklee, toolbox.  You might do something else, but you don't quit.  You're a loser. A born loser.

Some people here are actually smarter and know a little something about facts.

You are either a liar or a quitter. Or, a loser.  Or............All 3.

I'd bet the latter, loser. 

lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Yea lol...IF only poor stommper had the knowledge and skill, to stick with that lil "Berklee thing."  Stommp might have amounted to supposedly doing a screenplay which apparently played in 2 or 3 states, of an awful and lesser-well-known, Elton John song...Indeed, the world coulda and would have been, poor ole stommper's oyster bed...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

LAzz this guy Rusty is too comical...
    YEah too bad indeed we are only working with people in China and have secured this mobility cart and 4 others as ours with a trademark.
    I guess he doesnt understand people actually have lives outside the forum.
    When Fox News has us a date on airing the News Broadcasts both here in Florida and up there in Mass I will post the links so Rusty can see those are fake too lol....Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]No, you flunked.  Because you don't walk into Berklee. No one flunks Berklee, toolbox.  Some people here are actually smarter and know a little something about facts. You are either a liar or a quitter. Or, a loser.  Or............All 3. I'd bet the latter, loser.  lol
    Wow,
    It's totally amazing what a sad little man you are.

Hey Dipshiet, I had a 4 year scholarship to Berklee from Lawrence High School with 1 other person in 1979. I had 4 initial interviews before I even got accepted and 2 were with my band director who got me the scholarship. I quit AFTER my second year. THen went to UMASS Lowell for business.

No one flunks Berklee? DO you have any idea what you are even talking about?
    Do you have any clue what the initial process was to get accepted and how many got turned down when I went? LMFAO
    OMFG you are such a tool.

Please RUSTY... You dont have a F-ing clue as usual what you are talking about dooshbagg...
    Please go somewhere and try and get a life. My Gawd I would love to meet you just so I could laugh at seeing what a total idiot you are in real life!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]No, you flunked.  Because you don't walk into Berklee. No one flunks Berklee, toolbox.  You might do something else, but you don't quit.  You're a loser. A born loser. Some people here are actually smarter and know a little something about facts. You are either a liar or a quitter. Or, a loser.  Or............All 3. I'd bet the latter, loser.  lol

RUsty, Flameboy, where did ya go.... Please I got up off the floor after laughing so hard at your moronic statements.....
    Please explain your sentence, "Because you dont walk into Berklee", and "No one flunks Berklee"

My Gawd man your a genius!  I dont think I laughed this hard in months.
    You said a mouthful when you said that, you know a little about facts!

YOU KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT ANY FACTS AT ALL! LMFAO
    Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I commend the Union.   The Owners are claiming financial hardship but won't open their books?    1 billion over 4 years is alot of money.  The players want to work with the owners but only a fool would negociate blind.  They need to know how much "hardship" there actually is before they agree to concessions.   The lawsuits will force the owners to disclose earnings.   Once they do, they will all be able to sit down and work out a deal.   My gut tells me the owners won't let it get that far.   Billionaires never want the government to know what their really making. 
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

exactly,
     but what course do they have now? even if they pull everything they want back and say please just sign the cba of old, the lawyers for the union can still choose to stay in court and make them show their books (though, i suppose the information could be sealed (but still theoretically all the players could find out?). if so, good luck keeping that secret. that's a lot of people.

owners look "scued" to me

guess that's why they have the best lawyers in the world. to get oout of every possible eventuality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

NFL.com posted the last offer by the NFL to the players.  Either there is some serious fine print being left out, or the owners made some major concessions that were rejected.  The additional $1B the owners originally wanted got cut down to a few hundred mil.  I guess the NFLPA wasn't about to concede $1 without detailed financial records.  An independent auditor agreed to by both sides wasn't going to cut it.  

There has to be more to the story.  The NFLPA was itself greedy if they did indeed turn down the offer put forth....assuming the NFL didn't have a lot of fine print they didn't post.  That might be the case. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

I wanna see the Unions books......exactly what do they use their money for??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]NFL.com posted the last offer by the NFL to the players.  Either there is some serious fine print being left out, or the owners made some major concessions that were rejected.  The additional $1B the owners originally wanted got cut down to a few hundred mil.  I guess the NFLPA wasn't about to concede $1 without detailed financial records.  An independent auditor agreed to by both sides wasn't going to cut it.   There has to be more to the story.  The NFLPA was itself greedy if they did indeed turn down the offer put forth....assuming the NFL didn't have a lot of fine print they didn't post.  That might be the case. 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there's not enough info to really assess that offer (seems more like a PR announcement than a real attempt at explanation to me).  What really surprises me, though, is that an extension wasn't filed.  I think if there was a serious offer on the table and the parties were talking productively an extension would have been agreed to by both sides. This makes me think that there really wasn't any serious discussion going on Friday and that the NFL's offer (which apparently wasn't made until late in the day Friday) was more a PR move by the league to allow them to appear willing to compromise. 

There's something about the way the NFL is handling these negotiations that reminds me of the way the Brett Favre situation was handled.  Goodell stalled on making a decision about Favre until the statue of limitation was up for Sterger filing a lawsuit. Immediately afterwards, Goodell announced a rather lame fine for Favre.  I think Goodell's strategy is to place his opponents up against a legal deadline which forces them to either take drastic action or miss the deadline and therefore negotiate from a weakened position. I suspect the union realized that the NFL was playing this game of chicken and decided to call Goodell's bluff.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : Question, since Manning, Jackson, and Mankins don't currently have contracts would that mean they can't fill suit against the league considering they don't technically work for the league right now? [/QUOTE]

Not sure of the details of the suit, but I think they can challenge a lock out and certainly the guys with franchise tags can challenge the legality of that since it limits their ability to negotiate freely with the teams.  

[QUOTE] Another question is it smart of the Union to role out the top paid player in the league, the guy who wants to be the top paid player, the guy who wants to be the top paid OL man, and the guy who wants to be paid the top WR as guys to fight for equal pay rights? You'd think they'd want to get as many min wage guys to file as passable not the ones getting paid and want to be paid the most
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Good question. Part of the reason may be because (some of) these guys have high name recognition and are very popular players.  Another reason may be that because these guys are high paid, they technically have the most to lose. So maybe they are in the suit because the damages would be highest?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]"I didn't see this coming".  H elen Keller
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I will say one thing that I think is changing. This is just from my perspective and that of the people I know, purely middle class families. Years and years ago, we would go to probably 10 Sox games a year and probably 1 or 2 Pats games. That has changed a lot. We try to go once per year to both now. We just dont have the spare cash to spend on going anymore, although I would like too. It is not the ticket prices like a lot of people complain about, as much as the cost of everything else. For example, we just got a $350 heating bill for last month. Used to be a 3rd of that 10 years ago and I made more per hour at the job I had then than what I make now. Not to mention gas, food and electric. And property taxes as well. The costs for these needed items eats up a lot of what we used to use for entertainment. Things like baseball and football tickets are one of the first items that got cut back on in our house. I think this will happen to more and more families as the prices continue to go up over the next few years. That is danger to these leagues I think.  
    Posted by Mike473[/QUOTE]

The leagues won't tell you this, but their marketing strategy is to sell seats in the stadium to rich people and let the masses watch the game on TV.  That means maximum returns on ticket sales, plus a large television audience and therefore large contracts from the networks. 

America increasingly is a society of rich and poor. Government policies since 1980 have generally been designed to favor the rich over the middle class.  But Americans apparently want this to be the case. They keep voting for politicians who will cut taxes on the wealthy (which means transferring the tax burden from investors to ordinary wage earners), promote free trade (which means shipping middle class jobs to low-wage countries in Asia), and roll back labor laws and labor rights (which means less job security, declining wages, and higher benefit costs).  In the end, you get what you vote for, and from their voting patterns Americans evidently want a country where the rich can watch the games from luxury boxes and the rest can watch it on Chinese-made TVs.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : The leagues won't tell you this, but their marketing strategy is to sell seats in the stadium to rich people and let the masses watch the game on TV.  That means maximum returns on ticket sales, plus a large television audience and therefore large contracts from the networks.  America increasingly is a society of rich and poor. Government policies since 1980 have generally been designed to favor the rich over the middle class.  But Americans apparently want this to be the case. They keep voting for politicians who will cut taxes on the wealthy (which means transferring the tax burden from investors to ordinary wage earners), promote free trade (which means shipping middle class jobs to low-wage countries in Asia), and roll back labor laws and labor rights (which means less job security, declining wages, and higher benefit costs).  In the end, you get what you vote for, and from their voting patterns Americans evidently want a country where the rich can watch the games from luxury boxes and the rest can watch it on Chinese-made TVs.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]The problem is both Dem and Rep do it,people have to start voting for a 3rd party in mass.Our manufacturing base should be about 10 times bigger than it is.
     Who asked for all the illegal immigrants?People just scam the system because a lack of real jobs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union Decertifies : The problem is both Dem and Rep do it,people have to start voting for a 3rd party in mass.Our manufacturing base should be about 10 times bigger than it is.  Who asked for all the illegal immigrants?People just scam the system because a lack of real jobs.
    Posted by helterskelter[/QUOTE]

Yes, Republicans and Democrats are equally to blame for the policies. Reagan may have started the movement, but Clinton was maybe even more effective than Reagan in advancing it.