Union vs Non-Union posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Union vs Non-Union posters

read most of the posts...

Im against the players on this issue because they are employees trying to dictate policy...... all the other banter or logical arguement on either side I dont care about....   if they like the deal they got...well thats over now... so get back and negotiate until you get something you can live with...

as for me i graduated highschool went into the military...got out at the end of my enlistment and immediately got a union job stocking supermarket shelves overnight... it was an ok living but piece driven and very physically demanding... after 10 years my back was done and I realized i wouldnt be able to continue(even though i actually liked it) and I wanted to do better in life so I went to school during the day as a computer science major...while also raising two kids ... son just graduated from college...(man i can still remember when i made that decision... I was actually scared because of the uncertainty and having a family...) but I also worked for the teamsters in boston doing trade shows in between and for UPS... my brother is a steelers fan and a hard line union man... in either case the union never helped me when physical problems developed...or any problems and really only cared about my dues... i was really on my own but i bear no ill will to them...sorry but its true... and I can tell you some more bad stories about what was done in town on those jobs at 32bucks an hour straight time... anyway no need badmouthing them..

now I work in healthcare as an analyst/programmer for medical software support for the last 12 years.. it pays well and you can shop your skills around to raise your income and standard of living and that is any where in the US... in the private sector if you have skills you will do fine...there is plenty of opportunity to branch out on your own as well... AND BECOME AN OWNER...

Having said that i get to dicuss my circumstance each year once a year...if Im not happy with what is offered I can go somewhere else(this is my time to negotiate)...but I could not tell them what I want and expect them to give it to me.... I would also not want the responsibility that the senior admin has either...its 10fold

to me it is just simple greed by the players... when is enough ..enough...(some would say owners but they own the business and they can be as greedy as they want... it ends there) the players got something that was really more than they should have(ya i know whose to say) and now its time to negotiate something more reasonable...stop feeling you are bigger than the game...check yourselves and get back to the table...  period...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Great post, JCour.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

In Response to Re: Union vs Non-Union posters:
    [QUOTE]Those elections are bought and sold, so no, we don't have elections.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]Those who have the money control everthing,crustry Right.BTW best car to buy captive import .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What car is the best car to buy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I belong to the 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Funny how the people who write the laws don't have legit term limits and 90% of the time get re-elected, regardless.  Yet, even the president has term limits thanks to Teddy Roosevelt."

It's even funnier when "The People" vote and pass a referendum on term limits for the Mayor of NYC at 2 terms.  And presto.....after some back room dealing the billionaire Mayor magically has the will of "The People" erased.  I still don't see how that was constitutional.  "The People" should of stormed Gracie Mansion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]LOL yea those guys, me, my wife, and my baby lol cause if you think im not ready for this thing to jump off your wrong lol if my wife got bit by a zombie 5 minutes from now she would be dead 6 minutes from now LOL cause thats the mind set you need to survive. She knows the deal too lol so if i get bit she will finish me off as well lol. We are a zombie killing family LOL
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Ohh I've got my 26 plans and if a friend, family, or my GF get bit I wouldn't even shed a tear (well maybe I might get a little teary eyed if it was Laz). But I figure that they will eventually all go down no matter how well I try to protect them leaving me in isolation on an island with a world full of zombies, politicians, union heads, and lawyers (The cockroaches would kill themselves if politicians infested the world). So... I'd go nuts and try to take as many out as possible before I'd die from fatigue

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I work one of the largest corpotarions in the USA. i mean really big. we dercitfied our union a few years back so we could be eligible for the annual comapny bonus that can pay up to 20 days of pay. I still have the same benefits package. my health care and perscriptions are practically free (20 dollar co-pay, no deductibles) until obamination care did some minor changes like hospital stay now costs $250. I have 100% tution and, they pay .75 cents for every dollar on 401K , and I have a pension that pays about $85 per year of service.

unions were could many years ago. but now there is a minimum wage, and laws protecting workers safety-OSHA.

unions are driving jobs out the country, along with high corporate taxes.

to me anyone that works for a local govenment, state government or federal government paid by the tax payers should not be represented by a union

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I work one of the largest corpotarions in the USA. i mean really big. we dercitfied our union a few years back so we could be eligible for the annual comapny bonus that can pay up to 20 days of pay. I still have the same benefits package. my health care and perscriptions are practically free (20 dollar co-pay, no deductibles) until obamination care did some minor changes like hospital stay now costs $250. I have 100% tution and, they pay .75 cents for every dollar on 401K , and I have a pension that pays about $85 per year of service. unions were could many years ago. but now there is a minimum wage, and laws protecting workers safety-OSHA. unions are driving jobs out the country, along with high corporate taxes. to me anyone that works for a local govenment, state government or federal government paid by the tax payers should not be represented by a union
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]i think there should be some system in place where PRIVate WOrkers who are interested could hire a private management or professional associative type of entity to negotiate their terms or contracts on their behalf without mandating anything collectively like unions do be it to other workers or to the owners/managers of industry. u pay if u want to and what not, kind of like having ur own agent or something. perhaps u could pay that entity a flat fee plus 10% of your salary for a 2 year minimum (taken out as the employee gets paid) for as long as that worker wants that relationship in place. 

if something goes wrong at work, the worker would have the option of immediatelty contacting the agency who would talk directly to the boss to resolve issues. i think this would be a great way to resolve issues and lawsuits at work for all parties involved. this is something i have started doing here in MD on a trial-type basis. if the employee suffers an injury, they still come to me for advice or consultation or referrrals to other professionals. i just think the overall way employment is approached today leaves a lot to be desired on all sides. 

lastly i agree with the wisconsin governor on unions. in spite of all croc tears from public service workers, it was a fair deal. he never tooka way their collective bargaining rights, specifically as it regards salary negotiations. he just put an end to the part about benefits. these guys were getting pensions paid at 100% for example. who the heck ever gets that under any conditions? he mandated that they pay 5.7% (still far below most corps). he also told them to contribute a few more bucks towards their health benefits (again, far below most corps). he further put an end to extortive practice of forcing ALL workers to contribute union dues and having zero say as to where that $ ends up politically! 

the fact these folks found any of this EXTREME is proof-positive of how far off-center we have become in this country. the governor though did stop short of including public safety workers like cops and firefighters in any of this. that should definitely be his next fight. its a racket. the unions FORCE and EXTORT every freakin worker to join their shop and pay dues whether they want to or not. then they take all of that money that goes to politicians or political groups and give 100% of it to the most liberal of democrats. gee, i wonder y a republican governor may get ticked at that arrangement? 

in exchange for this blatant form of "bribery" the pols look the other way as the unions get to show what a great job they are doing for their lackeys by giving them something for nothing! hey 100% of everything is FREE just because the dems will not stand up to them. in reality, we all pay the price for such WELFARE and giveaways! enough is enough!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

If you are picking sides in this case based on your existing biases for or against unions, then I really find your opinion to be irrelevant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]"Funny how the people who write the laws don't have legit term limits and 90% of the time get re-elected, regardless.  Yet, even the president has term limits thanks to Teddy Roosevelt." It's even funnier when "The People" vote and pass a referendum on term limits for the Mayor of NYC at 2 terms.  And presto.....after some back room dealing the billionaire Mayor magically has the will of "The People" erased.  I still don't see how that was constitutional.  "The People" should of stormed Gracie Mansion.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]great point! how is that different than ur usual middle eastern type dictator? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union vs Non-Union posters : Reported to BDC.  No room for this nonsense here. And please delete this post as well since I quoted that garbage.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]what kind of communist DICTATOR r u? y shouldnt his post be here? i do not exactly agree with it but he is entitled to any opiniion he wants as long as he is not using bad language or engaging in personal insults! 

no room for censorship here, i hope BDC does not delete his post and gives you a WARNING!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]If you are picking sides in this case based on your existing biases for or against unions, then I really find your opinion to be irrelevant.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Sure, because nobody regardless of what side they're on of whatever issue is the topic de jour uses bias in formulating their opinions/mindsets.   If that's your benchmark then no matter what the topic, irrevelance is guaranteed.  Alrighty then, I guess you opinion is the only one that counts, because you know, no existing biases form it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union vs Non-Union posters : Sure, because nobody regardless of what side they're on of whatever issue is the topic de jour uses bias in formulating their opinions/mindsets.   If that's your benchmark then no matter what the topic, irrevelance is guaranteed.  Alrighty then, I guess you opinion is the only one that counts, because you know, no existing biases form it.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Oh, you are right. My apologies. For the slow, I should add "solely". Does that help you? Are you done nitpicking points?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Here's my original post....

"No sh#t...I saw this beaut of a post too (the one EVIL's replying towards)...      
         Less Union influence, power, and numbers when looked at in simple terms of PER Person, every single year verses the last maybe 40-60 years, UN-believably greater ionization of wealth, AND power into a dwindling percentage of the populace (saw recently the figure that in 1950, your average income for a CEO in Britain was 10X, the average pay for the workers in his company... By 2000?  100X more he was being paid.  In America? 1950 it was a 40-1 ratio salary... By 2000?  400-1), add this with a STILL greatly unchecked influences of corrupt lobbyists for monopolies & oligarchies having their way in Washington, rising cost of living expenses wherein an average person born in MY generation does not and IS not per average living as easily, and making the same than those within my parents, the baby-boomers gen, WHOM in turn, are not living as well as THEIR parents, the "Greatest Gen" parent's generation was, add to this the TOTAL fraud Wall Street recently played with their nice lil' junk bond housing scam (and hey rich guys: We'll keep your wealthy tax breaks, just give us universal healthcare in some manner, alright?  No?  Good Deal...thanx), And so I just go BALLISTIC when I hear the unfortunate circumstances that MADE CEOs ship jobs oversees, simply because "Profits were down" (MEANING: "We still HAD profits lol...just not as good profits as some past years...and that's what we're looking for, Those BETTER profits")...

You NON-Union guys wanna know why I'm outspoken for a bunch of Millionaire Sport's Players in conjunction with one another...?  It ain't them, It's You.  And you ALSO want to know the greatest difference between Union vs NON-Union Posters...?  90% of the Pro-Union posters were able to initially decipher that BOTH The Owners and The Players are at fault, while the NON-Union Posters KNOW the problem lies with the players union itself (a single voiced poster like PatsEng, being the soul exception in your camp). 

For me...He!!, monetarily I'm alright.  I'm doing o.k..  I'm a College Grad working at a white collar big Company (for less than my HS educated father worked for at my age, in a warehouse...And both for considerably less than what my HS educated grandfather made, as he was able to afford & support his wife, 3 children, and acquire a 2nd house in order to rent for even added income).  I'm ceratinly NOT against the idealist democracritic principles set forth by our nation's forefathers...But I AM anti-capitalism...Unchecked in ANY way at all, Capitalism- (not sure there were coast-coast Walmarts in Washington's time, employing clerks, shippers, growers, manufacturers, etc...until infinity. Local & regional power dons...but enormous National power-brokers cornering markets?). 

I digress (as usual).  Even though I'm still yearning and trully needing a greater spiritual fulfullment than that which I know a great many, many, many people are able to gleefully fulfill in the name of acquiring shiny & expensive tangible assets and compiling numbers in a bank book...I am still, plenty immersed in this materialistic world to want at least, a decent share of life's finer things (brand new top-of-the-line cars I "saw" my father able to afford with a job right out of High School...A 3 bedroom house I "saw" my grandfather easily afford when he was my age).  It's all relative I suppose, generation to generation...  

STILL, "Why," you ask, "Am I so Pro-NFL-Players Union?"  Because to me at least, it represents a microcosm (a warped game for millionaires's one).  Think my views and stance here, akin to the famous Indian Chief Sitting Bull...  Sitting Bull, towards the end of his life, once went to Washington D.C. with a large collection of other Native American Chiefs, in order to discuss U.S. Government treatises for The Lakota Indians.  When told by the US Government that in order to garner a larger land reservation elsewhere, and to have a greater voice of power now, Sitting Bull would initially have to show certain good faith gestures...He'd be asked to cede some of his land to The Government initially...  Here's how Sitting Bull replied to the politicians:  "This," he said (grabbing a handful of dirt and letting it flow out his fingers).  "I won't give you this much land to take away any longer...".  THIS is the reason of my militancy
    ."

HERE is what the board's loudest anti-union voice came away with...

"So, what you are really saying with far less words than that is, you are anti-Capitalist yet work for a white collar company."

Great, great stuff...  They're not the righteous right, for no reason:  "Goodell sux & is a totalitarian biased b#stard who's wrecking the game...Goodell's just doing the best to desperately keep the NFL together in the face of rioteous & greedy workers;  Unappreciative & all-together "Ignorant workers" want extra from their boss...and they are WAY outta the PR line, in terms of using the term 'slavery'; The Union head makes a gesture to work for nothing = $0, while The NFL Commish makes rule changes in the name of "safety" (but that which coincidentally improves his power, his control, and the NFL's scoring & marketability...So The Union Head's a hypocrite pandering for the public, plain & simple; Nowhere else but in The NFL do the Worker's have such a decent percentage of the Total Profits...So they've FAR extended the given status quo of the way It IS...and therefore the way It SHOULD be...and thus, The RIGHT Way; The Union disbanded to go to court because they're locked out...And they've got a judge "in their pocket", and are hypocrites; The Owners blanket a TV Deal well in advance to fund them years before a lockout is even a possibility, and the worker's would like to see the bottom line IN court documents...Annnd therefore the workers have ZERO "right", just because the owner's "planned ahead", and the workers are "too st#pid" to even understand any of the details anyway...

Oh...And you sometimes wear a polo shirt to an office job, but believe their should be added checks on top of capitalism and even just a LITTLE, greater dispersal of wealth & power...Annnd considering there's no companies in Stalinist Russia where the employees were able to sit down at a desk (or at all), in their Izod shirt....therefore, you're a leftie hypocrite.

Really, just excellent stuff here.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Union vs Non-Union posters : Oh, you are right. My apologies. For the slow, I should add "solely". Does that help you? Are you done nitpicking points?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

"Are you done nitpicking points?"  Sure, are you done using a broad brush to paint everyone's opinion formulation?  And incidently, I'm not "slow" and neither are most of those who post here regardless of which side of this issue they're on.  Folks are either for union (players/labor) or not and each seemed to have valid reasons, most of which were based on political leanings, which IMO is natural.  But I sense that you're missive was aimed more at those who disagree with you.  Agree with Enoch = intellectual brilliance; don't agree = "slow."  Am I off base?  Did I misunderstand the gist of your post?  If so, then my apologies to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]I work one of the largest corpotarions in the USA. i mean really big. we dercitfied our union a few years back so we could be eligible for the annual comapny bonus that can pay up to 20 days of pay. I still have the same benefits package. my health care and perscriptions are practically free (20 dollar co-pay, no deductibles) until obamination care did some minor changes like hospital stay now costs $250. I have 100% tution and, they pay .75 cents for every dollar on 401K , and I have a pension that pays about $85 per year of service. unions were could many years ago. but now there is a minimum wage, and laws protecting workers safety-OSHA. unions are driving jobs out the country, along with high corporate taxes. to me anyone that works for a local govenment, state government or federal government paid by the tax payers should not be represented by a union
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

HELLO! WELCOME TO WAL-MARTCool