Unions(nfl) are coming,,,,,light the lamps,,,,notify the people

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Unions(nfl) are coming,,,,,light the lamps,,,,notify the people

Wish the players reps  and owners would and settle the upcoming contract,,,,Leave the union heads out...still give them their cut but lets the players (reps) and owners ge a deal done....push comes to shove..players know that they get paid very well....and if they need 30% of the profits great....give the heads 10"% to just sit and watch how adults can handle the dealing...
     If not come into the real world and earn a living the old fashion way...work for it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Unions(nfl) are coming,,,,,light the lamps,,,,notify the people

Huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Darsen. Show Darsen's posts

In my opinion Unions are the bane of this country's existence.  They had their place many years ago, but are no longer needed.  A buddy of mine is a mason and jack of many trades, he decided to work for the union.  Got on his first job and started laying brick.  Within 20 minutes he was getting yelled at by the foreman for laying "too many bricks".  He was only allowed to lay X number of bricks per hour, which in fact he could lay in less than 10 minutes on a private job.  He ended up sitting on his butt more than working and he quit about a month into the job.  This is the type of waste that I am talking about.  Unions claim that this helps them to guaranty and standardize how long it will take them to do a job.  To me this is BS.  GET RID OF THEM. In Japan people get along great without unions.  Road construction is opened and closed in one night, and the crews work at night when traffic is at its lowest levels.  Here, the roads are ripped open for MONTHS with shoddy work.  Unions... a bunch of legalized mobsters fleecing the government and private citizens. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

There are still too many people with decent paying jobs and decent benefits.  Clearly the last few unions need to go. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Ironic how the union people who work in the public sector pass themselves off as non-business people; human rights people.  Meanwhile, they hold our cities/states captive, whilst a few reap the rewards; the rest go without.  In addition, the corruption/mahem that goes on administratively taxes the union members, as well.  What a scam!

The bottom line: How can I get a lot for a little; get something for nothing?  Just hide under the union umbrella and cheer the party line.  Ironically, most people in the public sector get involved in politics; set their friends up at our expense.

Of course, they don't want you to view them like this.  How else will they continue to play this game?  So, they point the finger at business people (in the private sector) as though they are not business people...just human rights folks looking out for you and me...for our safety and security.

LoL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Unions(nfl) are coming,,,,,light the lamps,,,,notify the people:
    [QUOTE]Ironic how the union people who work in the public sector pass themselves off as non-business people; human rights people.  Meanwhile, they hold our cities/states captive, whilst a few reap the rewards; the rest go without.  In addition, the corruption/mahem that goes on administratively taxes the union members, as well.  What a scam! The bottom line: How can I get a lot for a little; get something for nothing?  Just hide under the union umbrella and cheer the party line.  Ironically, most people in the public sector get involved in politics; set their friends up at our expense. Of course, they don't want you to view them like this.  How else will they continue to play this game?  So, they point the finger at business people (in the private sector) as though they are not business people...just human rights folks looking out for you and me...for our safety and security. LoL!
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

What in the world are you talking about? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

An injury to one is an injury to all, and in this job 95% of all players leave injured for life. 

So the players are all voting for decertification of their union, because nonunion workers have more rights on the job than union workers. 

This is getting weird.  The union is busting itself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Paul, I thought decertification had to do with how the owners are able to treat the players as individuals versus as a union with regards to anti-monopoly laws.

Basically, the owners can lock out the union due to Federal law governing the unions while they aren't allowed to lockout individual players because they do not hold a monopoly exemption as does MLB. From my understanding, decertification won't necessarily allow the players the play, but the union is using it to create the possibility that the players can then sue and the right to work will be played out in the courts.

Not sure about the accuracy, but again, that is how I have come to understand it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Where is Stompper's fake union rep. personality to defend the honor of America's laziest demographic?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  I'm not pro union at all, and agree the *modern* union system fosters poor production and creates a protected workforce that works down to the lowest level, and REALLY resembles communism in the USSR.  BUT the NFLPA is NOT that way, and although I think they seek WAY too much of the power and money, they do protect the average player from being broken and then discarded.  Important stuff to those who wont have a 2nd contract to get rich on.  However, I increasingly realize we WONT be watching football in 2011.  Only good thing about that is Indianapolis gets scr3w3d out of a SuperBowl.  The article I read says decertification allows the players to deal individually with the team, and sue for being locked out.  Its an attempt to bully the owners by threatening them with many lawsuits.  It won't work, owners are going to take this opportunity to get BACK what they gave up last time this happened, and they can survive a year without playing.  Lots of players will lose out bigtime with this lockout, but they will do it.  We will get a rookie cap, most likely a limiting rooking to vet pay ratio tied to draft position and playing position.  Oh, well.  Here it comes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Unions(nfl) are coming,,,,,light the lamps,,,,notify the people:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion Unions are the bane of this country's existence.  They had their place many years ago, but are no longer needed.  Posted by Darsen[/QUOTE]

thats why all our jobs keep going overseas. unions get too greedy for their own could and drive their own jobs away

Sections
Shortcuts