Unpaid Hernandez money to cause stir

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Unpaid Hernandez money to cause stir

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I say  Kraft should take that money and put it in a trust fund for Herns daughter.

Obviously one wouldn't do this until the dust settles from any litigation. And one could also make the argument that AH already has collected millions that should be put toward the child's welfare. Perhaps a donation (once these funds are cleared) to the Myra Kraft Charity would be a more appropriate gesture.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I really hope the Pats stand their ground on this till the bitter end. Never pay that sociopath another dime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I say  Kraft should take that money and put it in a trust fund for Herns daughter.

Why should the Pats give money to his daughter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

There must a personal conduct clause in the contract. Being arrested for 1st degree murder, one would think, probably voids any contractual agreement/obligation for bonus compensation. 

If AH is given the money, how is this going to affect the Pat's salary cap?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why should the Pats give money to his daughter?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  Why should someone tip his waitress? Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I think they're doing the right thing - if they just paid him 82 grand the media would be all over it - but they are probably going to have to pay him. I think they should, and will, fight this as long as possible...I imagine eventually the people who are in charge of the case against Hernandez could get involved, because they sure don't want any cash rolling into his pockets (or his family's pockets). It will make things harder for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

The money due will still count against the cap but the Kraft legal team will tie it up in court forever Until no lawyer wants to represent Hernandez for free.   

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Bingo! We have bingo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

There must a personal conduct clause in the contract. Being arrested for 1st degree murder, one would think, probably voids any contractual agreement/obligation for bonus compensation. 

If AH is given the money, how is this going to affect the Pat's salary cap?

I think there is a clause in every NFL contract. If you violate the NFL's code of conduct you are not entitled to a contract. 

In the event that AH is convicted that will certainly be the case. Any salary, guaranteed or otherwise, that NE owes him after the indictment is already as good as purged from the books in the event of a Hernandez conviction. The NFL won't force a team to pay a player who isn't playing for then because of his own insanity, stupidity, etcetera.

The rest of the wrangling, I suppose, will really be about what money Hernandez already "earned" as part of pro-rata bonuses, and what part will or will not count against the cap.

Because a lot of NFL bonuses are considered "paid" before they are actually paid, the Pats might have to pursue Hernandez to recover some of their legal claim to money that belongs to him, technically. 

EDIT/numbers

----------------------------

Here are the portions he will not be paid:

All of his unguaranteed salary

$2.5 million guaranteed salary

Here are the portions he is going to have to fight for:

$3.25 deferred signing bonus (likely not going to be paid)

$82,000 workout bonus 

$118,000 roster bonus

Unfortunately, the Pats are still on the hook for the salary cap hit for the remainder of the pro-rated signing bonus. 

2013 $2,632,000

2014 $7,500,000

As far as I can tell, there is no way around this because it is money that has already been paid to him, and its allocation (then) was just pushed back into the contract through 2018, so what you are seeing in the cap figure in 2014 is the alread-paid bonus' cap hit accelerating into one season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I am King, Why do you not respect my Wishes!?  Only I can post on the board all day with irrelevant BS and make threads about other teams and their problems. I will not sit by and watch you people continue to troll MY board. This is Insane! Why dont the mods ban you trolls. I was the one who was posting all day about AH when I thought he was still innocent, but now that he is guilty I dont want to talk it about anymore, We should instead be talking about Von Millers DUI's and my Wes Welker Voodoo Doll and the fact Elway is the biggest scum bag in the league. This board would much rather me talk about Forehead Manning. Why is it even news that AH offed a few guys while playing for our team? I mean he is in Jail now. Why isnt anyone talking about the murderer Ray Lewis?!?!? (in my Rusty Voice)

Yep, Its Official. Rusty is the King!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Sections
Shortcuts