Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VickC. Show VickC's posts

Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...

As a devout Colts fan, I would like to say that the match-up between the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots is by far the best, most entertaining and the most anticipated match up I can think of. Here you have two hall of famer quarterback. Two proven NFL champs. Two extremely well coached teams. The depth of talent between these two teams is phenomenal. I only hope the NFL continues each and every year to match these two teams together. I look forward to this game every year. I remember the times when the Colts were in the AFC east. As a Colts fan I would like to say there is a part of me that still wishes we were still in that division. I just wanted to say thank you to all the New England Patriots fans out there for just being there for without the fans and these two teams, alot of substance would be missing from this wonderful game and match up. In any case, which ever team wins tonights match up I know these two teams will possibly meet again in the play-offs. My point? Colts fans love to have a rivalry as rich as this one! These games will go down in the history books as some of the finer, most memorable moments in NFL history...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...

In Response to Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...:
    I only hope the NFL continues each and every year to match these two teams together. Posted by VickC

Me too. maybe next year we might get lucky enough to host it at Gillette stadium which feels like it would be the first time in the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...:
    As a devout Colts fan, I would like to say that the match-up between the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots is by far the best, most entertaining and the most anticipated match up I can think of. Here you have two hall of famer quarterback. Two proven NFL champs. Two extremely well coached teams. The depth of talent between these two teams is phenomenal. I only hope the NFL continues each and every year to match these two teams together. I look forward to this game every year. I remember the times when the Colts were in the AFC east. As a Colts fan I would like to say there is a part of me that still wishes we were still in that division. I just wanted to say thank you to all the New England Patriots fans out there for just being there for without the fans and these two teams, alot of substance would be missing from this wonderful game and match up. In any case, which ever team wins tonights match up I know these two teams will possibly meet again in the play-offs. My point? Colts fans love to have a rivalry as rich as this one! These games will go down in the history books as some of the finer, most memorable moments in NFL history...
    Posted by VickC

Good point Vick and thanks for not telling me Manning is better than Brady. As far as I can tell we will both be winning our divisions this year so we will meet up next year also only at New England again next time. It is pretty intense. The only thing that kills me is most of these game are night games and I get up at 4:30 every morning so I will be a zombie tomorrow. I just hope I'm a happy zombie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

In Response to Re: Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...:
    In Response to Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football... : Good point Vick and thanks for not telling me Manning is better than Brady. As far as I can tell we will both be winning our divisions this year so we will meet up next year also only at New England again next time. It is pretty intense. The only thing that kill me is most of these game are night games and I get up at 4:30 every morning so I will be a zombie tomorrow. I just hope I'm a happy zombie.
    Posted by ewhite1065

That's nothing - try watching it in London, where the game doesn't start until 1.30am...

I do not expect to be remotely useful to anyone tomorrow (especially as I was up most of last night watching the Pacquiao v Cotto fight!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football...:
    In Response to Re: Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football... : That's nothing - try watching it in London, where the game doesn't start until 1.30am... I do not expect to be remotely useful to anyone tomorrow (especially as I was up most of last night watching the Pacquiao v Cotto fight!)
    Posted by PatsFanUK

I hear you..I can't imagine that..Great Fight last night though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I know we try to ovoid nowism-where we say this is the greatest rivalry, best quarterback, best defense, etc, because there are a lot of years of football history.  I don't know if Manning and Brady are the greatest QB's ever but this is probably the best rivalry ever.  Many of the great rivalries you think of the teams rarely met.  The Colts Pats meet every year, it's always for high stakes and it's always a great game.  It doesn't hurt in that the teams have played in five of the last eight Super Bowls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

I'm right there with you ewhite...I HATE this late night start. Since my job is mental computer audit work I have no choice but to watch only up until 10:00. My work is my bread & butter and the game must take second place. SUKS!!

I'm watching the Jags beat the Jets and one thing that stands out to me is the Jags going for it on 4th and 4 in the Jets zone at the end of the half. THIS IS WHAT WE MUST see from Belichik and our play calling tonight. Play calling will be KEY!!  Going for it on 4th will be key!  Stopping Donald Brown and Addai will be crucial. Interceptions by Meriweather?  2 and we win!

Pats - 27
    Colts- 24   IN OT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Posted by VickC

I agree, well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Unquestionably the best match-up in our current era of football... : Brady could not compete with the Giants in the Superbowl
    Posted by Josetavares

And now Leon will say goodbye to us all...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidGehlhausen. Show DavidGehlhausen's posts

As a Colts Fan and as much as I hope the Patriots never win another game in their franchise history, I have to say, Belichick and Brady are a class act! 

I respect not only Belichick's decision to go for the win on offense, but for having the integrity to stand up to the world and live with the consequences.  In my opinion, is was a great decision--and only by a matter of inches it didn't work.  But on that night, in that stadium, and with that home crowd--Manning would have scored if the Patriots had punted and the Colts had taken over on their own one-yard-line. 

And as much as I hate to admit it, if the Colt had kicked off to he Patriots with 60-seconds left, Brady would have done the same thing--score! 

In this game there could only be one winner--and that was whoever had the ball last! . . .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Posted by VickC

For you, I give you this article, written before the game:

I know you'll like it, and I again apologize to the decent Colts fans who's reputations are spoiled by a few miscreants.

It says what you said.  It's elegantly written and sounds a lot like what their Hall of Fame inductions will sound like someday.

Sections
Shortcuts