Up & Down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Up & Down

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

DOWN:

I guess I'm the only person in the world who seen a blitzing Mayo get absolutely stuffed by a little RB on the Eagles 1st TD pass.  Maybe the New England broadcast didn't show the replay or mention it but the Eagles broadcast on NFL network did.

Just click on the hilight clip on the right.

http://www.nfl.com/player/deseanjackson/1581/profile

So you had the headset on and you know the defensive call? You knew for a fact it was a "blitz" and not him just read and reacting to the play? So you assume the best way to get vick, who runs like the wind, is to go blazing in uncontrollably after him up the middle allowing him to potentially break the pocket outside and hope that slow as molasses spikes can run over and cover your side of the field and prevent a 1st down? You know for sure his responsibility was not to fill the hole and prevent a designed QB draw OR prevent the RB from slipping out into the flat or short pattern after the WR's took all the secondary deep clearing out the middle right?

Darn, you are good man. ;-) Glad you know the definitive answers to all those questions! Good insight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm watching the game again and a couple of things about the starters.

This kid Thompkins looks like Chad Johnson with his jersey number, height and is even from Miami too. Only difference is apparently he knows this offense as he had to direct Boyce where to line up.

After the 1st all run play td drive we come out in a jumbo package and run Ridley for 9 more yards up the left middle. Then we line up in 2 receiver(Dobson, Amendola) 2 back(Blount, Hoo-Man) with Ballard at the end of the line. We send Danny in motion and play action to hit Dobson in the numbers on a ball that traveled 35 yards in the air.

These are the sets that I missed for too long. I want us to run SG spread, 3 TE, 2 TE, 4 receiver, 3 receiver and everything else but Tom Brady is still the best play action QB alive and we need to use offensive sets like this more as it enables guys to be open by keeping a defense guessing.

Wilfork and Tommy Kelly might make us the best interior defense in the league this year.

If our LBers are going to be covering the middle of the field against RB's and Te's then Jamie Collins is going to have to play over Hightower or Spikes at some point. Not saying those 2 guys aren't valuable players but in coverage is where our LB core needs work.

Our O-line is going to be top 5 in the league or higher.....again.

How many TE's can we keep again? Gronk, Ballard, Hooman are locks and I think Suddfield has to make the team. Fells is a good player so what gives?

As I begged for last year, Shane Vareen needs to get the ball a lot this year. He is the home run hitter that we have never had on this team other then Moss. I'd like to see over 1,500 total yards from Vareen and think it can happen.

At the same time I could see another 1,200 yard 12 td season from Ridley. He has good vision and hits the hole hard. Not top end speed as we all saw but doesn't need it.

As Wozzy put it, Tom Brady is still the best there is. Anybody who thinks he is a problem should be in a straight jacket, blowing bubbles, and self reflecting on life.

"Defense Wins Championships"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

DOWN:

I guess I'm the only person in the world who seen a blitzing Mayo get absolutely stuffed by a little RB on the Eagles 1st TD pass.  Maybe the New England broadcast didn't show the replay or mention it but the Eagles broadcast on NFL network did.

So you had the headset on and you know the defensive call? You knew for a fact it was a "blitz" and not him just read and reacting to the play? So you assume the best way to get vick, who runs like the wind, is to go blazing in uncontrollably after him up the middle allowing him to potentially break the pocket outside and hope that slow as molasses spikes can run over and cover your side of the field and prevent a 1st down? You know for sure his responsibility was not to fill the hole and prevent a designed QB draw OR prevent the RB from slipping out into the flat or short pattern after the WR's took all the secondary deep clearing out the middle right?

Darn, you are good man. ;-) Glad you know the definitive answers to all those questions! Good insight.

[/QUOTE]

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

DOWN:

Well if your assumption is correct ;^) that doesn't say to much about him getting Jacked by a RB.

edit:  Just rewatched it.  Definitely a Blitz.  He was running at the hole pre snap.  You do know how to identify what a blitz looks like on film.....right??  But your extra long winded apologetic post was nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

DOWN:

Well if your assumption is correct ;^) that doesn't say to much about him getting Jacked by a RB.

edit:  Just rewatched it.  Definitely a Blitz.  He was running at the hole pre snap.  You do know how to identify what a blitz looks like on film.....right??  But your extra long winded apologetic post was nice.

Soooo you are saying pre snap diagnosis based on formation, etc AND anticipation does not exist on the defensive side of the ball in your world? ;-)

...but more importantly I appreciate the head nod for my earlier efforts brotha. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Are you one of those "gotta get the last word in" types? <(-_-)>

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would also add to those saying the Eagles defense stinks, I agree they are light along the defensive front but the Pats O Line was dominant last year, the year before that, etc... with bigger, beefier mauling tightends we are that much stronger.  When Cannon gets back I'd say we'll be the best O line under Belichick's watch and we've had some good ones.

I predicted top-5 "O", top-5 "D" a few days ago. To refine it, I truly believe easily #1 Offense, with Top-5 Defense.

[/QUOTE]

Spells S U P E R B O W L

[/QUOTE]
    They got another really GREAT SHOT! its hard to go there so early, but you can't deny what your eyes see, already. If they can stay healthy, we're in for another great run and another trophy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

Actually he is about 5th behind Adrian Peterson, Megatron, Aaron Rogers and JJ Watt-at least

And those guys have how many Super Bowl rings between them, one?  Go back to New Jersey situation, your spray tan and waxed body is messing up your brain...

[/QUOTE]

wozzy wozzy wozzy...this is so Rusty like! u are usually above such utter inanity

I stand by what i said re: Brady (as if there isn't room for discussion here!) but really the rest of that nonsense is over-the-top silly

not from NJ, don't use spray tan or do any tanning at all except using the sun, never waxed any part of my body...gee whiz wozz

btw u see that pass from Eli to Victor Crus last night the 57 yd td?

Mid Season Form I tell ya!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

For the appologists above.  I guess the analysis on the NLF network, who like me wern't wearing headphones, were able to correctly identify the Eagles TD pass play as a blitz by the Patriots. 

The Rusty's proven wrong again....LOL  <(-_-)>

Sections
Shortcuts