Update on Armstead's Absence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Update on Armstead's Absence

Apparently he had surgery

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/patriots-armond-armstead-in-good-condition-after-surgery-for-infection/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Update on Armstead's Absence

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

This guy could be key right behind Kelly.  my defensive camp binky so to speak. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont like the way that this sounds. Of course the guys health is number 1, with his past issues, there is nothing to even discuss. I also understand protecting the players privacy, and the teams as well. But did this guy have his knee scoped? A wisdom tooth pulled? Or is there something related to his previous problems. As we saw with Gronk, surgery for infection is not good, and I assume he is starting the season on PUP, leaving the PAts very thin at DT.

It would make me happy if the Pats revisited the Seymour option, with a deal similar to Abrahams offered. Fortson and Vellano back ups to Vince and Kelly is not what I envisioned pre draft a few months ago

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont like the way that this sounds. Of course the guys health is number 1, with his past issues, there is nothing to even discuss. I also understand protecting the players privacy, and the teams as well. But did this guy have his knee scoped? A wisdom tooth pulled? Or is there something related to his previous problems. As we saw with Gronk, surgery for infection is not good, and I assume he is starting the season on PUP, leaving the PAts very thin at DT.

It would make me happy if the Pats revisited the Seymour option, with a deal similar to Abrahams offered. Fortson and Vellano back ups to Vince and Kelly is not what I envisioned pre draft a few months ago

Seymore doesn't want to go to camp. He will wait a week or 2 then sign some where. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this poor guy had an infection in his heart and that's where they performed the surgery to remove the infection...he won't be playing this year...or ever. He may be doing good and be expected to make a full recovery, but he won't be playing football. Now maybe that's not where the infection was, but if it was...combined with one previous heart attack...no team is going to allow this guy on a football field.

This poor kid has got to be crapping his pants right now sitting in some hospital bed wondering if he's going to have another heart attack. The last thing on his mind would be bumping into 300 pound offensive lineman at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'd like to revisit the Seymour option, not over concern for Armstead but because Wilfork, Kelly, Seymour and Armstead would be shockingly good.  Our defense would lead the NFL overall, lead the league in sacks and interceptions, it would be an pro bowl roster... plus I want Mt. Seymour to retire a Pat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If this poor guy had an infection in his heart and that's where they performed the surgery to remove the infection...he won't be playing this year...or ever. He may be doing good and be expected to make a full recovery, but he won't be playing football. Now maybe that's not where the infection was, but if it was...combined with one previous heart attack...no team is going to allow this guy on a football field.

This poor kid has got to be crapping his pants right now sitting in some hospital bed wondering if he's going to have another heart attack. The last thing on his mind would be bumping into 300 pound offensive lineman at this point.

I read a quote by BB that said it was unrelated to the other issue, I'll try to find it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I read that he said in college the team doc gave him pain killers which caused the heart attack. Some litigation there I believe. Have too get more details. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's unrelated to his heart:

FOXBORO — Bill Belichick said Sunday morning the issue that’s sidelined defensive lineman Armond Armstead through the first three days of camp is not related to any issues the USC product has had in the past.

Armstead suffered a heart attack as a collegian, and ended up playing last year in the CFL, where he finished with 44 tackles and six sacks to help Toronto to a Grey Cup championship. He was placed on the non-football illness list at the start of camp earlier this month, and hasn’t been seen at practice.

“No, I think it’s a different situation,” Belichick said when asked about Armstead’s current malady. “If we have anything, we’ll talk about it. But not at this time.”

Weei

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

I read a quote by BB that said it was unrelated to the other issue, I'll try to find it?

[/QUOTE]

Quote I found: "Belichick said he believed it to be a different situation".   (Not exactly saying it was unrelated, but leaning in that direction IMO).

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Probably just a bad staph infection or mrsa. It happens especially in football.

It seems to happen to anyone who enters a hospital nowadays, I guess all these antibiotics aren't really helping us long term.  The guy probably had a knee scoped which amounts to a teeth cleaning... an infection is whats going to slow him down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

From what everyone has researched, it's a non issue with regards to his heart...I'll take my chances and believe that...if so, let him get ready and into football shape..we'll need him asap after he's healthy...I still think we need a vet interior DL backup...If they wait until late cuts from other teams that will be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Probably a staph infection. After surgery and proper antibiotics he will probably be back in a couple of weeks. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I'd like to revisit the Seymour option, not over concern for Armstead but because Wilfork, Kelly, Seymour and Armstead would be shockingly good.  Our defense would lead the NFL overall, lead the league in sacks and interceptions, it would be an pro bowl roster... plus I want Mt. Seymour to retire a Pat.

Isn't Seymour signed with someone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Not to be over dramatic but the  conditions above are beyond serious in many cases. A friend of the family(31 year old male)cut himself this past Fourth of July(Thursday) went to the doctor on Saturday-back on Sunday and was dead Saturday the 12th. Mrsa. I had never even really heard about it. Scary stuff. Not saying armstead has this....just a separate point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Yall need to quit assuming and wait on real updates

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's unrelated to his heart:

FOXBORO — Bill Belichick said Sunday morning the issue that’s sidelined defensive lineman Armond Armstead through the first three days of camp is not related to any issues the USC product has had in the past.

Armstead suffered a heart attack as a collegian, and ended up playing last year in the CFL, where he finished with 44 tackles and six sacks to help Toronto to a Grey Cup championship. He was placed on the non-football illness list at the start of camp earlier this month, and hasn’t been seen at practice.

“No, I think it’s a different situation,” Belichick said when asked about Armstead’s current malady. “If we have anything, we’ll talk about it. But not at this time.”

Weei

Well thank god. What is it with all these infections? Auto immune disorders? Inflamation? I don't get it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not to be over dramatic but the  conditions above are beyond serious in many cases. A friend of the family(31 year old male)cut himself this past Fourth of July(Thursday) went to the doctor on Saturday-back on Sunday and was dead Saturday the 12th. Mrsa. I had never even really heard about it. Scary stuff. Not saying armstead has this....just a separate point.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that. But i've known people who had mrsa and survived. If caught quick enough then it'll be ok. When I was a freshman in High School, one of the seniors on the football team had it on his foot and they almost had to amputate it. He was lucky and they just removed the skin around it. I personally had staph which is definitely not as bad but I also caught it early. Mrsa definitely is some scary stuff though. My condolences to you for your friend.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy. It was a crazy. I was amazed at how powerful it was and how futile so many antibiotics were.  over medication is only just beginning to rear its head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB's blackout on information really causes anxiety and the necessity to speculate the worst. Why isn't BB working for the government? Would there be a WikiLeaks or Edward Snowden scandal if BB was the Minister of Information, lol?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

There's something called CRKP (or CKRP?) that's even worse than MRSA. Superbugs are here to stay, very scary and there's not much that can be done to avoid them.  Maybe live in a bubble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

The story about your friend reminds me of when J.T. Snow, after a stellar career with the baseball Giants flew into Boston in January of 2006 to sign a one-year contract with the Sox.  His dad, Jack Snow, retired Rams receiver and broadcaster was in the hospital with a MRSA infection.  After signing the contract on January 6, he turned around and immediately flew back to the West Coast to be with his dad.  His dad, Jack Snow, died 3 days later on January 9th.  Really quite tragic. 

I'm one of the fortunate people, who having contracted MRSA, had it quickly diagnosed and treated with the proper antibiotics by my family physician.  Never did figure out where, how, or when I picked it up.  But I will tell you that it is really serious sh#%t and totally unnerved me. 

Just look at the fine print on the back of the bottle of most hand soaps, and you will see where it often says that the product will kill 99.5% of bacterial infections.  And it often indicates that MRSA is the exception. 

Sometimes you can be just sitting in a waiting room leafing through a magazine, and you absentmindedly lick your thumb to turn a page, whoops you've been infected.  That's how dangerous and easily this type of staph infection can be passed along. 

Sorry to go on and on with such a lengthy footnote to your post, but when it comes to MRSA, I feel compelled to warn others to use caution in their daily routines as well as hospital visits and germ free protocol.

Sections
Shortcuts