Update on Edelman?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Update on Edelman?

LOL @ star playmaker.  This place cracks me up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

If he can't play it may be a good thing, now if only woodhead...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I thought Edelman played really well last night. I thought his pass interference penalty was a bad call and he actually caught the ball downfield for the first time that I can recall. Welker as usual was terrific.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I thought Edelman was fine last night as well. He had some good catches and he is a best after the catch. The refs shouldn't have whistled him down as he slipped through two tackles. He's a baller and I hope he is good to go next game.

Now Woodhead on the otherhand... I would have to agree with thefly. Ridley should be our lead back every game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Edelman played well last night, be it for only a half before he was injured. He's a good player and lets hope that it isn't serious. We won't know much about it until he's back on the field again though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Do you mean he's NOT WELL-ker?  ....sorry couldn't resist.  :   )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Update will come Wedneday, as with every player, every week since BB got here.

At that point, expect it to list a not-very-specific region of his body, and he'll be 'questionable'.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Here's your update....he's day to day

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Edelman played really well last night. I thought his pass interference penalty was a bad call and he actually caught the ball downfield for the first time that I can recall. Welker as usual was terrific.

[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was the first time I had seen him make a catch down field too (although he might of had one during the afc championship game?). The sad part is if he does actually develop as a receiver...he has a history of being as durable as fine china. There was a movie with Bruce Willis and Samual Jackson - Bruce never got sick/injured and Samual would break a bone if the wind blew the wrong way...that's Edelman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Speaking of injuries or potentials thereof I'm still trying to figure out how Welker got to his feet

after the clubbing that was applied to his head in the fifty-nine yd. play in the first qtr.  No flag no nothing and I'm sitting there waiting and waiting  and that's when I kinda sensed it was gonna be a bad night with these clowns masquerading as referees....

A couple of minutes later it was Edelman who took a vicious shot to the head in the end-zone.

Again...nothing.   Don't tell me that's football either casue I played college hockey OK....

Still my favorite on the night was when Gronk actually was used as a reciever and was virtually tackeld by Ray Lewis three times in a row on pass routes....

Hope we see 'em again in the playoffs with regular refs and a healthy Hernandez in the mix....

That's my hope anyway....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to threejak's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of injuries or potentials thereof I'm still trying to figure out how Welker got to his feet

after the clubbing that was applied to his head in the fifty-nine yd. play in the first qtr.  No flag no nothing and I'm sitting there waiting and waiting  and that's when I kinda sensed it was gonna be a bad night with these clowns masquerading as referees....

A couple of minutes later it was Edelman who took a vicious shot to the head in the end-zone.

Again...nothing.   Don't tell me that's football either casue I played college hockey OK....

Still my favorite on the night was when Gronk actually was used as a reciever and was virtually tackeld by Ray Lewis three times in a row on pass routes....

Hope we see 'em again in the playoffs with regular refs and a healthy Hernandez in the mix....

That's my hope anyway....

[/QUOTE]

It's to bad that all our DB are never within 2 steps of the WR their supposed to cover or maybe they would be able to throw some of those intimidation blows themselves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I don't get all the hate on Edelman.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. This is his fourth year playing the WR position and he has been used sparingly in that role. The kid needed time to develop and while he did that he gave us value on st and a bit on defense doing whatever BB asked. He's a tough kid, athletic and good after the catch. Yeah he gets dinged up a lot, but in part because he plays full speed and to the whistle. Nothing to hate about this kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. This is his fourth year playing the WR position and he has been used sparingly in that role. The kid needed time to develop and while he did that he gave us value on st and a bit on defense doing whatever BB asked. He's a tough kid, athletic and good after the catch. Yeah he gets dinged up a lot, but in part because he plays full speed and to the whistle. Nothing to hate about this kid.

[/QUOTE]

Problem is at this level we don't need projects at any position, what we need is NFL ready players and coaches.  The rest of the league isn't standing still waiting for our players to develope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The kid is a freaking lightning rod when he has the ball in his hands. He can break tackles and evade almost everything. He's fast and puts 110% effort in on every play. With slightly better hands he could be a monster. I think he's a fantastic 3rd/4th receiver.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was the first time I had seen him make a catch down field too (although he might of had one during the afc championship game?). The sad part is if he does actually develop as a receiver...he has a history of being as durable as fine china. There was a movie with Bruce Willis and Samual Jackson - Bruce never got sick/injured and Samual would break a bone if the wind blew the wrong way...that's Edelman.

[/QUOTE]

Bwahahaha I can't believe you managed to work in an Unbreakable reference into a Patriots board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not sure if it's hate as much as it's balance. We;ve had years now of fans proclaiming Edelman as the next Welker or as Mighty said a superstar in the making. Well... he's not. As a 3rd or 4th WR given reps he's done well and last game was one of his best ever. I think what appears to be hate is more of people trying to pull the prospective back towards reality. Edelman is what he is a nice all purpose player that has earned a spot on a team but will never be consistent enough in the passing game to warrent a starting role every week.

You can ask why all the love for Edelman just as easily as why all the hate and really he's in the middle. More then a JAG but less then a starter

I have to say though when he can stay healthy and actually make catches he's is electric with space and adds tons of energy to the O but I would not want him to get 70+% of the snaps of any game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Edelman has even more explosion than Welker, as measured in the 3-cone prior to drafting.  Edelman also has more muscle than Welker and so he can break a few more arm tackles.  Quickness and a competent quarterback will tend keep a receiver from getting walloped.  Just get open, catch the ball (Wes, take note of that), go right down to save yourself if needed, and otherwise fake the nearest defensive player out of his socks.  If no one can draw a bead on you, you're safe. 

Getting the ball to Edelman in full stride in the open field means that he's a threat to rip off extra yards after the catch. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman has even more explosion than Welker, as measured in the 3-cone prior to drafting.  Edelman also has more muscle than Welker and so he can break a few more arm tackles.  Quickness and a competent quarterback will tend keep a receiver from getting walloped.  Just get open, catch the ball (Wes, take note of that), go right down to save yourself if needed, and otherwise fake the nearest defensive player out of his socks.  If no one can draw a bead on you, you're safe. 

Getting the ball to Edelman in full stride in the open field means that he's a threat to rip off extra yards after the catch. 

[/QUOTE]

Here we go again.  I have no idea what Edelman means to you, are you a relative or something?  Edelman has never been a threat.  3-cone scores mean nothing to me and I have seen big musuclar guys who can't break tackles so saying he has more muscle and can break more tackles the Welker just boggles my mind.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here we go again.  I have no idea what Edelman means to you, are you a relative or something?  Edelman has never been a threat.  3-cone scores mean nothing to me and I have seen big musuclar guys who can't break tackles so saying he has more muscle and can break more tackles the Welker just boggles my mind.

[/QUOTE]

Lately, so does Wes.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts