Update on Edelman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Update on Edelman?

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

I guess catching a TD isn't a threat?  Glad you're not the defensive coordinator.

One TD!  Wow!  Ocho caught a TD last year, did that make him a threat?  Edelman has never been a threat, one TD isn't going to make him one either.  Until he is putting up 70+ receptions and 700+ yards a season then he isn't a threat.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Edelman has never been a threat.  

I guess catching a TD isn't a threat?  Glad you're not the defensive coordinator.

Other WR's who put up similar yds and 1 TD:

• Donald Jones - Buf
    • Sanatana Moss - Was
    • Travis Benjamin - Clev
    • Rod Streater - Oak
    • Brandon Tate - Cin

Seriously Mighty, 1 TD and 85yds over 3 games does not make you a threat. That comes out to 450yds and 5 TDs for the year average. That's good for a forth receiving option on the top 15 teams but that in no way is close to being a threat. Now if he consistently is going to get looks moving forward and bumps that TD rate to 2 TD's every 3 games then he'd be considered a threat but not at this point otherwise you're going to have to convince BB that Donald Jones should be dbl teamed this weekend because he's a threat over their other weapons

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

I love how Edelman has a very good game (was hosed on that great cacth on the sideline) and now he's being mocked because he isn't a superstar. Our online fans are an embarrassment.

I'm not sure he's being mocked just saying what he is. What I do see a lot of though is he's being tossed up onto a pedestal. I mean seriously he had a good game, actually short of the Balt playoff game this was easily the best game of his career and people are making him out to be the next coming of the 07-11' Welker. He's a good player and will be a good #3-4 WR in the league but keep it in perspective what he is right now. That doesn't mean he can't become more but when Hern is back Edelman will be spliting reps with Welker he won't be taking a spot from either Welker or Hern anytime soon. Maybe next year but I don't think you'll be seeing Edelman as either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th target over the season

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And Woodhead got 4 starts last year, does that make him a threat? Mighty he's not a threat until he starts to put up numbers that make other teams have to game plan around him. Gronk is a threat, Lloyd is a threat, Hern (when healthy) is a threat, heck when Welker's on a field they dbl him so teams still consider him a threat. All of the above have had single games better then Edelman has had over these first 3. Heck Welker had a bigger strecht last year over 4 games then Edelman had over his entire 4yr career so far.

Edelman does not get nearly the same amount of attention as any of the above listed. Until we see teams moving coverage to him and until he starts to get 5+ rec's a game every game, or averages more then 50+yds a game, or averages more then .5 TD's per game he's not a threat. Until then it's like saying Rache Cadwell was a threat in 06'. Actually if you pull what Cadwell did in 06' and estimate what Edelman will do given his average this year Cadwell's 06' year would be a better year, did you consider Cadwell a threat in 06'? Or calling Doug Gabriel a threat because he started 5 games and scored 3 TD's in 06'.

Lets hold off calling him a threat until he actually proves to be a threat and not the 5th option on the team behind Lloyd, Welker (more yds and rec's then Edelman), Hern, and Gronk

btw BB starting a player doesn't mean he views him as a threat nor did he ever say Edelman was a threat he'd gameplan against. If you really think because BB starts a player he views him as a threat you can pick out tons of plays BB has started over others that were not nearly as big of threats as the plays they started over

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Wait what.  Edelman is hurt?  I'm shocked I tell you SHOCKED!!!  I can't believe the practice phenom is on the sidelines again.  To bad football is a contact sport or this guy would be ALL-PRO I tell you!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

PatsEng is speaking truth here.  I'm enjoying his posts as he s right on with his comments.

I like Edelman, I like the fact that he is busting his footballs out there just to make a contribution no matter what position, offense or defense.  Gotta love and respect players for that.  BUT he does not give this team the best opportunity to win when he is playing over Welker.  Plain and simple, Welker is much better.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

PatsEng is speaking truth here.  I'm enjoying his posts as he s right on with his comments.

I like Edelman, I like the fact that he is busting his footballs out there just to make a contribution no matter what position, offense or defense.  Gotta love and respect players for that.  BUT he does not give this team the best opportunity to win when he is playing over Welker.  Plain and simple, Welker is much better.

Edelman has never played over Welker.  He is a better run blocker than Wes which would easily explain the fact that he played more snaps against Tennessee.  Or the fact that Wes missed a bunch of the preseason and was just getting back into his groove.  But the targets in the passing game speak for themselves.  Wes has been and will continue to be an important part of the passing offense as the season goes on.  Just because he might catch a few less of the couple yard dump offs because we choose to run the ball with Ridley or whoever doesn't mean squat.  After the last two games are you really still concerned about Welker's involvment in the offense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Edelman has never played over Welker.  He is a better run blocker than Wes which would easily explain the fact that he played more snaps against Tennessee.  Or the fact that Wes missed a bunch of the preseason and was just getting back into his groove.  But the targets in the passing game speak for themselves.  Wes has been and will continue to be an important part of the passing offense as the season goes on.  Just because he might catch a few less of the couple yard dump offs because we choose to run the ball with Ridley or whoever doesn't mean squat.  After the last two games are you really still concerned about Welker's involvment in the offense?

Not concerned about Welkers involvment in the offense as the proof is there that Welker gives this team a much better chance of winning when he is involved.  But to be concerned about Edleman being hurt like it's a major factor in winning games is a bit crazy. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The offense runs much better without Josh calling 10 plays a game for him.  Hopefully me misses a few more games.

Sections
Shortcuts