Update on Julius Peppers, Terrel Owens, and Shawn Merriman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Update on Julius Peppers, Terrel Owens, and Shawn Merriman

Jay Glazer from Fox reported that the Panthers said they're holding onto Peppers, the Bills are holding onto T.O. (Baltimore asked and was turned down), and the Chargers are mum on Merriman. Merriman himself said he doesn't know but, "I can tell you my value is down right now with my groin injury."

Smokescreen or is this what we're really looking at?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Update on Julius Peppers, Terrel Owens, and Shawn Merriman

Merriman is risky, esp if he has a groin issue, and that temper, but if healthy man he'd look great next to Mayo, a 2nd rd pick for him would be a move that really makes waves

What about Keith Bulluck?

I'd LOVE him here. He thought he was on his way out after '09 BEFORE Tenn went 0-5 (soon to be 0-6, knock on wood)

That 7.85 count on the cap is prob impossible to deal with right? I don't know the rules exactly, can we re-work that if we trade for him tomorrow or Tue???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

why wouldnt the Bills deal TO...get a pick for him at least...they can't do anything with him in the lineup...Bills are the worst team in football...its painful to watch them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Do you want TO?

The consensus is that no team would trade any value for him right now, so giving him away for a 6th/7th rd pick would make for a drop in attendance that is not worth it to the Bills organization

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Update on Julius Peppers, Terrel Owens, and Shawn Merriman:
    [QUOTE]Jay Glazer from Fox reported that the Panthers said they're holding onto Peppers, the Bills are holding onto T.O. (Baltimore asked and was turned down), and the Chargers are mum on Merriman. Merriman himself said he doesn't know but, "I can tell you my value is down right now with my groin injury." Smokescreen or is this what we're really looking at?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

For me, it would depend on how much A.J. Smith really wants to get rid of Merriman.  He's a proven commodity when healthy, but he doesn't get along with his GM, he's a loud mouth who would have to be controlled, and he's far from healthy (groin injury in addition to coming back from a surgically repaired knee).  I would offer a 4th and maybe bump that up to a 3rd.  I don't know about giving up a second rounder for next year when the draft is going to be loaded with college players looking to avoid a rookie wage scale.