Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31

1. Sam Bradford-Rams
    2. Russell Okung-Lions
    3. Ndamukong Suh-Bucs
    4. Jimmy Clausen- Skins
    5. Bryan Burlaga- Chiefs
    6. Gerald McCoy- Seahawks
    7. Eric Berry- Browns
    8. Bruce Campbell- Raiders (SPEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD LOL)
    9. Jason Pierre-Paul- Bills
    10.Derrick Morgan- Jags
    11.Dan Williams- Broncos
    12. Dez Bryant- Fins
    13. Joe Haden- 49ers
    14. C.J. Spiller- PATRIOTS (trade with Seahawks, send 22nd, 53rd)
    15. Rolando McClain- Giants  />:(
    16. Carlos Dunlap- Titans
    17. Taylor Mays- 49ers
    18. Sean Weatherspoon- Steelers
    19. Everson Griffen- Falcons
    20. Earl Thomas- Texans
    21. Jermaine Greshman- Bengals
    22. Trent Williams- Seahawks
    23. Charles Brown- Packers
    24. Kyle Wilson- Eagles
    25. Jared Odrick- Ravens
    26. Anthony Davis- Cards
    27. Mike Iupati- Cowboys
    28. Ryan Mathews- Chargers
    29. Brian Price- J-E-T-S
    30. Jahvid Best- Vikings
    31. Maurkice Pouncey- Colts
    32. Rodger Saffold- Saints

Round 2 (Pats)

44th: Jerry Huges

47th: Damian Williams (love this pick)

Thoughts? If so, fire away!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31

I would much rather keep our picks and based on your available guys take
    22--Graham DE/OLB
    44--Hughes OLB
    47--Gerhart RB
    53--Houston DE/DL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i highly doubt we do that for a RB. 

we need Line Backers and Receivers.

id like Graham, Kindle, McCluster, D. Williams

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'd rather they trade out of the first round and get paid in multiple draft choices. I know that the draft is a crap shoot so the more chances you have the better the chances of hitting on the right choice, lies in how many choices you have. Like last years draft,The Patriots traded out and had 4 choices in the 2nd round and everyone here seems to think they failed! In actuality if they had a normal draft in order for them to be as successful as they were they would have had to hit on both their first and second round picks. Well instead of just taking 2 players they increased their odds of success by choosing four players in the second round and they hit on two out of the four! They still have a chance that the other 2 will be more successful in their second year..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think you trade up for a undersized running back that scored the lowest on the wonderlic. Who knows? Maybe Spiller will be a complete back, can't argue with his skills, but guys are bigger in the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31:
    i highly doubt we do that for a RB.  we need Line Backers and Receivers. id like Graham, Kindle, McCluster, D. Williams
    Posted by btownteamsrking

I tend to wonder if everyone is looking to hard in the linebacker direction. We have Tyrone McKenzie coming back from an injury and Belichick spoke very highly of him. I really wouldn't be very surprised if Bill doesn't draft a linebacker until the second round. Everyone is saying Brandon Graham. It seems like every time the media is so sure on what the Patriots need, they go in a totally different direction. No matter who they take, people need to look at the big picture of it all. We have two first rounders next year. After this draft and next years, we will have a really good and young team on the field. So, whomever they decide to take, after next years draft, I think it will all piece together. Bill doesn't care if he takes a guy that doesn't make sense for this year, as long as it is a piece to the bigger puzzle which is the future of the team. That is why the Pats have always fielded a competitive team since Bill Belichick has been in Foxboro.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31:
    In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31 : I tend to wonder if everyone is looking to hard in the linebacker direction. We have Tyrone McKenzie coming back from an injury and Belichick spoke very highly of him. I really wouldn't be very surprised if Bill doesn't draft a linebacker until the second round. Everyone is saying Brandon Graham. It seems like every time the media is so sure on what the Patriots need, they go in a totally different direction. No matter who they take, people need to look at the big picture of it all. We have two first rounders next year. After this draft and next years, we will have a really good and young team on the field. So, whomever they decide to take, after next years draft, I think it will all piece together. Bill doesn't care if he takes a guy that doesn't make sense for this year, as long as it is a piece to the bigger puzzle which is the future of the team. That is why the Pats have always fielded a competitive team since Bill Belichick has been in Foxboro.
    Posted by nightrider495

Good point.  But i think when he said linebacker he wa speaking of OLB not inside help. I think we're pretty solid there(ILB).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Sounds great as long as Spiller can rush the passer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31 : lamaar houston would not be a good fit in the 3-4. he is a better fit as a 3 technique in a 4-3.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

I have seen Houston and Alualu projecting in both directions 3-4 and 4-3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31 : Good point.  But i think when he said linebacker he wa speaking of OLB not inside help. I think we're pretty solid there(ILB).
    Posted by datdude401

We could use our first on whatever position that Bill would see fit and still get a good OLB in the second. He may even be thinking about keeping Adalius or possibly sliding Guyton to the outside. I guess my point is, we have a lot of options here. They may not make the most sense to us, but we aren't the ones who are at all of the practices to see what each guy brings to the table .Maybe the Patriots like what they have on the roster enough that they will go in a different direction in the first. Time will tell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I really liked your 1-8. In my own mock draft I had the same players going to those same teams. However, the problem I see is at #9. The bills went the underclassman route last year and grabbed Aaron Maybin from Penn State with an early pick. Same type of player - huge potential as JPP but he never blossumed in his rookie year. Bills are in desperate need of an offensive lineman here at #9.

If you are going to use trades in this mock than I do see the Jaguars trading #10. *they dont have a 2nd rounder. The #10 pick last year was gauranteed 17 million dollars -including a 30-40 million dollar contract. I cant see them forking over that type of $$$ for anyone.

Ill just keep this in the top 10 and wont expand further.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I can't picture BB moving up for Spiller. The more I think about it, the more I believe he will move out of the 1st all together. Either way, BB will take the player that he deems the best value regardless of the position he plays, and without consideration of what we believe the Pats needs are.
     As far as Gerhart is concerned, I believe he will be a successful NFL RB, and would be a cure for our red zone woes and our inability to run out the clock.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastboston. Show westcoastboston's posts

Use late second rounder on McKnight.

Future replacement for Faulk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

interesting board, although my guess is dez bryant and dunlap both fall out of round 1.

In Response to Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31:
    1. Sam Bradford-Rams 2. Russell Okung-Lions 3. Ndamukong Suh-Bucs 4. Jimmy Clausen- Skins 5. Bryan Burlaga- Chiefs 6. Gerald McCoy- Seahawks 7. Eric Berry- Browns 8. Bruce Campbell- Raiders (SPEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD LOL) 9. Jason Pierre-Paul- Bills 10.Derrick Morgan- Jags 11.Dan Williams- Broncos 12. Dez Bryant- Fins 13. Joe Haden- 49ers 14. C.J. Spiller- PATRIOTS (trade with Seahawks, send 22nd, 53rd) 15. Rolando McClain- Giants  />:( 16. Carlos Dunlap- Titans 17. Taylor Mays- 49ers 18. Sean Weatherspoon- Steelers 19. Everson Griffen- Falcons 20. Earl Thomas- Texans 21. Jermaine Greshman- Bengals 22. Trent Williams- Seahawks 23. Charles Brown- Packers 24. Kyle Wilson- Eagles 25. Jared Odrick- Ravens 26. Anthony Davis- Cards 27. Mike Iupati- Cowboys 28. Ryan Mathews- Chargers 29. Brian Price- J-E-T-S 30. Jahvid Best- Vikings 31. Maurkice Pouncey- Colts 32. Rodger Saffold- Saints Round 2 (Pats) 44th: Jerry Huges 47th: Damian Williams (love this pick) Thoughts? If so, fire away!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31 : lamaar houston would not be a good fit in the 3-4. he is a better fit as a 3 technique in a 4-3.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

that's what he played in college, sure. and i am no expert, else, i would not be here. but based on what i saw in three games i watched texas this year, especially the one vs nebraska, i think he can play between ot and te...if that's the concern. i think he's very strog and quick enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Pats will never trade that far up.  They'll trade down in a minute, maybe down a lot.  They'll even trade out into 2011, if they get proper recognition from the other side that the 2010 draft is golden while the 2011 draft could be considerably worse, so you'll have to pay us a higher rate effendi!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Mock Draf Round 1 and Patriots 2nd round pickst- March 31 : that's what he played in college, sure. and i am no expert, else, i would not be here. but based on what i saw in three games i watched texas this year, especially the one vs nebraska, i think he can play between ot and te...if that's the concern. i think he's very strog and quick enough.
    Posted by seattlepat70

i meant versus alabama

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I wish BB Would trade pick #22, 53 AD & Sanders to the Cheifs to draft Berry.
    Berry, MCclain ,Thomas and MCcoy are who I think is worth trading up for. But that is just my opinion and like my wife says my opinion does not mean chit.

Sections
Shortcuts