UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

Nice Draft. I just don't see LSU Jackson and Ohio State Jenkins falling that far. Otherwise an excllent Draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

That's not likely for 23. The Pats are either taking CB Darius Butler or Vontae Davis. I'm leaning strongly towards Butler, he's an immense athlete. Possibly the best athlete/football player in this draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

No way Maualuga slips to 23 for the Pats.  If Belichick wants him, he'll have to trade up into the 13-15 spot ahead of SD. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Nicely done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Lone star no way Maualuga falls to them. If they dont trade up to get the star from USC,
    then Butler from UCONN will be the pick at 23. Nice work though.

Would you be interested in expanding this to include all second round picks? would be interested to see your thoughts there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Neither Browns current QBs are worth a first round pick anymore. The Broncos aren't going to make be stupid and trade a first round pick for players who aren't worth that.

If Jenkins somehow dropped to 23 (not going to happen), there are only a few players in this draft that the Pats might take over him and Maualuga isn't one of them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

'' 12.) DENVER BRONCOS: DT BJ Raji, Boston College: Josh McDaniels hopes that Raji will be his Vince Wilfolk. ''

Makes perfect sense, Raji gets stolen at 12 by Josh from a rogue drug rumour.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Browns take Stafford?  They already have Andersen and Quinn under big contracts.  Besides, reports are the Lions will take him with the 1st.  I also think the Pats won't pass on Jenkins if he's available, they might just wait until the 2nd for another LB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

just want to say ... Maualuga, Barwin, Nelson, and White ... not bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Vontae Davis = Tebucky Jones, except slower. Just as bright.

I say, no way. Not even @34, nor @47, nor @58.

If he's there @97, sure..... ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

NO WAY Pettigrew goes to #42.  It would be a crime if he's available and the Pats don't take him at #34.  He is the best TE in this year's draft and definitely a first round talent. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I we stay @23......

1) D Butler
    2) Pettigrew
    3) H-bay

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowlick316. Show cowlick316's posts

im starting to lean toward butler and pettigrew at #23. although neither is a position of immediate need, they will become more pressing in the years to come.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

im starting to lean toward butler and pettigrew at #23. although neither is a position of immediate need, they will become more pressing in the years to come.
    Posted by cowlick316

there isn't a position of "immediate need". we could use a player who could potentially be a starter in a year or two at several different positions. adding a number of players with potential is well worth it so that we don't have to rely on the 2010 or 2011 draft classes when the team actually needs immediate contributions. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats did end up drafting 11 or more players. There are easily 8 spots that we should fill with draft picks and another few can be opened up if injuries occur.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

great job, ty TexP.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Pats might look for players at those different positions, but they don't have to. I expect that it is likely that they will only be taking players in the first 4 rounds in half those positions. They could be looking for a slot wide receiver and/or someone on the outside. They could be looking for a third QB. They could be looking for a third tight end. They could be looking for a fourth (or fifth) inside offensive lineman. They could be looking for one or two defensive linemen to replace those soon to be leaving. They could be looking for a pass rusher at OLB. They could be looking for run stopper at ILB. They could be looking for defensive back tweener and they could be looking for a third safety. But they do not have to address all these needs in this draft and they won't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

Dx7:      No way do the Pats take Vontae Davis. He is a major head-case. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Why because his brother is a head case?

We all have siblings that could be considered head cases, does that make us
    head cases?

I don't see a problem with him.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Kyle:      The Browns almost certainly will trade both Quinn and Braylon Edwards. Its' been reported that two teams (Broncos and Jets?) are very interested in Quinn, and that one team already has offered a first round pick for Edwards (Giants?): http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x1931071609/Report-Browns-poised-to-trade-Quinn-Edwards-in-love-with-Crabtree .      Browns fans appear to be extremely angry that their team is giving up so soon on Quinn. Check out the fan comments. Some of them are hilarious!
    Posted by TexasPat3
    texas-the thing that shocks me the most is.the browns getting rid of winslow,and now possibly edwards.they are the browns receiving core.you add stallworth with his troubles.now they have nobody.i love how man-dummy ruins ball clubs.

Sections
Shortcuts