UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

KyleCleric2:if they came away with Butler and Beatty I'd be pleased as punch.I do have a dilemma question for you,The Patriots are on the Clock and a team comes at them with a trade scenario for the #23 and Butler or Matthews are on the board and what they offer is an early 2nd round pick this year and 5th this year and a #1 next year,pretend for a moment that you are BB what are you going to do????? Here's my answer See Ya #23

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

That would likely be my answer, too. The second round pick though should probably be in the top half of the draft, maybe 37 to 42 range. Maybe Raiders at 40 to grab Michael Johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Why you think that Cushing could fall as far as the 3rd round?
    Posted by TexasPat3

Actually I say mid 2nd.
    Some guys on good teams are made to look better than they actually are simply by association. I think Cushing is one of those. He has a smaller bone structure as well. He started out as a safety at SC too, telling me at the next level he could get pushed around a bit. Because he's smaller, might be candidate for juice IMO.
    I say stay away from him personally.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

There aren't many mocks that have him falling out of the top 20 let alone the first round. The GMs may or may not agree with you, but most of the NFL fans expect that Cushing will be a first round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

There aren't many mocks that have him falling out of the top 20 let alone the first round. The GMs may or may not agree with you, but most of the NFL fans expect that Cushing will be a first round pick.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Put him on a pro team that expects to be the best on team and what happens?
    At SC he was one of the guys, less pressure.
    I dont expect agreement K, just what I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

As I sit here in sunny Florida,I'm listening to Weei.com streaming live...It's about 70 degrees. Now back to Football specifically the draft Cushing will be gone by #12 McDaniels isn't going to let him slip past his Broncos.We do have an outside shot at one of the other 2 USC linebackers,I'm not talking about Maivala!! Either Matthews or Malaluaga will fall to #23,but I really think that if push comes too shove and someone makes an attempt to get back into the First round it'll be with the Patriots spot.Which would then set off a chain of events not anticipated by all the experts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by KyleCleric2

Kyle:

Everything about who goes where will change, once the teams learn about positive drug tests on players in this draft class...to be released on Monday or Tuesday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

"I have it on good authority that Belichick loves Butler and will make him the second cornerback to come off the board. All you need to know is the Pats head coach attended UConn's pro day, and that's not an every-day trip for Mr. Hoodie." Something about that kind of certainty makes me doubt this will happen. There were a number of players that the Pats could be looking for from UConn, Beatty, Cody Brown, Donald Brown, and Darius Butler. They're all exactly what the Pats would want at a need position and they're all where the Pats would be selecting in the draft. The Pats could very well come away with 2 or 3 players from Connecticut in this draft.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

From what I've read and heard about Butler, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats had him rated as the top CB on their board.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

1. Detroit Lions: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams: OT Eugene Moore, Virginia

3. Kansas City Chiefs:  LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest

4. Seattle Seahawks (poor Supersonics): QB Mark Sanchez, USC

5. Cleveland Browns: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech

6. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Andre Smith, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State

9. Green Bay Packers: OT Jason Smith, Baylor

10 San Francisco 49ers: OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas

11. Buffalo Bills: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi

12. Denver Broncos: NT BJ Raji, Boston College

13. Washington Redskins: DE Everette Brown, Florida State

14. New Orleans Saints: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

15. Houston Texans: LB Clay Matthews, USC

16. San Diego Chargers: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU

17. NY Jets: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland

18. Denver Broncos: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech

20. Detroit Lions: OT Eben Britton, Arizona

21. Philadelphia Eagles: RB Chris Wells, Ohio State

22. Minnesota Vikings: OT William Beatty, Connecticut

23. New England Patriots: DB Darius Butler, Connecticut

24. Atlanta Falcons: DE/DT Evander Hood, Missouri

25. Miami Dolphins: OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State

26. Baltimore Ravens: LB Brian Cushing, USC

27. Indianapolis Colts: DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi

28. Buffalo Bills: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee

29. NY Giants: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina

30. Tennessee Titans: DB Vontae Davis, Illinois

31. Arizona Cardinals: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack, California

33. Detroit Lions: ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

34. New England Patriots: DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State

35. St. Louis Rams: WR Percy Harvin, Florida

36. Cleveland Browns: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State

37. Seattle Seahawks: S Louis Delmas, Western Michigan

38. Cincinnati Bengals: C Eric Wood, Louisville

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Brian Robiskie, Ohio State

40. Oakland Raiders: DB Sean Smith, Utah

41. Green Bay Packers: OLB Larry English, Northern Illinois

42. Buffalo Bills: TE Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss

43. San Francisco 49ers: DB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest

44. Miami Dolphins: WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers

45. New York Giants: T/G Jamon Meredith, South Carolina

46. Houston Texans: DB DJ Moore, Vanderbilt

47. New England Patriots: OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati

48. Denver Broncos: OLB Clint Sintim, Virginia

49. Chicago Bears: WR, Matt Massaquoi, Georgia

50. Cleveland Browns: S William Moore, Missouri

51. Dallas Cowboys: S Patrick Chung, Oregon

52. New York Jets: RB Donald Brown, Connecticut

53. Philadelphia Eagles: WR Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma

54. Minnesota Vikings: DT Sen’Derrick Marks, Auburn

55. Atlanta Falcons: LB Marcus Freeman, Ohio State

56. Miami Dolphins: NT Ron Brace, Boston College

57. Baltimore Ravens: WR Derrick Williams, Penn State

58. New England Patriots: QB/RB/WR Pat White, West Virginia

59. Carolina Panthers: G Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

60. New York Giants: RB LeSean McCoy, Penn State

61. Indianapolis Colts: S Rashad Johnson, Alabama

62. Tennessee Titans: WR Louis Murphy, Florida

63. Arizona Cardinals: C Max Unger, Oregon

64. Pittsburgh Steelers: DT Chris Baker, Hampton

Hmmm … it doesn’t look like I missed someone that I should have put in the mock. The tight ends group overall is where I probably the position that should be better represented. There are at least another half dozen who could be considered in the second round. I question whether there should be more offensive linemen, earlier in the second round, especially since OTs went so early and fast in the first round. The shuffle of the first round was mostly because of the Peters trade. I don’t like how late Donald Brown specifically went in this mock. With a little more work, I could probably be happy with it. For now, I’m just going to post it and see what you have to say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

From what I've read and heard about Butler, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats had him rated as the top CB on their board.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

wouldn't surprise me either. he's my pick in my mock.Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

1. Detroit Lions: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia 2. St. Louis Rams: OT Eugene Moore, Virginia 3. Kansas City Chiefs:  LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest 4. Seattle Seahawks (poor Supersonics): QB Mark Sanchez, USC 5. Cleveland Browns: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech 6. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Andre Smith, Alabama 7. Oakland Raiders: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri 8. Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State 9. Green Bay Packers: OT Jason Smith, Baylor 10 San Francisco 49ers: OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas 11. Buffalo Bills: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi 12. Denver Broncos: NT BJ Raji, Boston College 13. Washington Redskins: DE Everette Brown, Florida State 14. New Orleans Saints: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State 15. Houston Texans: LB Clay Matthews, USC 16. San Diego Chargers: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU 17. NY Jets: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland 18. Denver Broncos: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC 19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech 20. Detroit Lions: OT Eben Britton, Arizona 21. Philadelphia Eagles: RB Chris Wells, Ohio State 22. Minnesota Vikings: OT William Beatty, Connecticut 23. New England Patriots: DB Darius Butler, Connecticut 24. Atlanta Falcons: DE/DT Evander Hood, Missouri 25. Miami Dolphins: OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State 26. Baltimore Ravens: LB Brian Cushing, USC 27. Indianapolis Colts: DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi 28. Buffalo Bills: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee 29. NY Giants: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina 30. Tennessee Titans: DB Vontae Davis, Illinois 31. Arizona Cardinals: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia 32. Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack, California   33. Detroit Lions: ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State 34. New England Patriots: DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State 35. St. Louis Rams: WR Percy Harvin, Florida 36. Cleveland Browns: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State 37. Seattle Seahawks: S Louis Delmas, Western Michigan 38. Cincinnati Bengals: C Eric Wood, Louisville 39. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Brian Robiskie, Ohio State 40. Oakland Raiders: DB Sean Smith, Utah 41. Green Bay Packers: OLB Larry English, Northern Illinois 42. Buffalo Bills: TE Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss 43. San Francisco 49ers: DB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest 44. Miami Dolphins: WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers 45. New York Giants: T/G Jamon Meredith, South Carolina 46. Houston Texans: DB DJ Moore, Vanderbilt 47. New England Patriots: OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati 48. Denver Broncos: OLB Clint Sintim, Virginia 49. Chicago Bears: WR, Matt Massaquoi, Georgia 50. Cleveland Browns: S William Moore, Missouri 51. Dallas Cowboys: S Patrick Chung, Oregon 52. New York Jets: RB Donald Brown, Connecticut 53. Philadelphia Eagles: WR Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma 54. Minnesota Vikings: DT Sen’Derrick Marks, Auburn 55. Atlanta Falcons: LB Marcus Freeman, Ohio State 56. Miami Dolphins: NT Ron Brace, Boston College 57. Baltimore Ravens: WR Derrick Williams, Penn State 58. New England Patriots: QB/RB/WR Pat White, West Virginia 59. Carolina Panthers: G Duke Robinson, Oklahoma 60. New York Giants: RB LeSean McCoy, Penn State 61. Indianapolis Colts: S Rashad Johnson, Alabama 62. Tennessee Titans: WR Louis Murphy, Florida 63. Arizona Cardinals: C Max Unger, Oregon 64. Pittsburgh Steelers: DT Chris Baker, Hampton   Hmmm … it doesn’t look like I missed someone that I should have put in the mock. The tight ends group overall is where I probably the position that should be better represented. There are at least another half dozen who could be considered in the second round. I question whether there should be more offensive linemen, earlier in the second round, especially since OTs went so early and fast in the first round. The shuffle of the first round was mostly because of the Peters trade. I don’t like how late Donald Brown specifically went in this mock. With a little more work, I could probably be happy with it. For now, I’m just going to post it and see what you have to say.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

For openers, please double-space. The way you listed things, its' kind of hard to read.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Tex, well thought out. Kyle, if we ended up with Butler, Gilbert, Barwin and White, I would be ecstatic! However, I don't think Barwin will be there at 47.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex, well thought out. Kyle, if we ended up with Butler, Gilbert, Barwin and White, I would be ecstatic! However, I don't think Barwin will be there at 47.
    Posted by jerh5

I don't see Barwin lasting til #47 either. If the Pats don't take him at #23 or #34, hes' gone. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Could the Lions be moving off Stafford...or just sending a message to his agent, Tom Condon?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/18/lions-meet-with-aaron-currys-agents/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

do the teams ahead of the Pats in my mock take Barwin over the player I give them?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

BOLT'S ROUND #1

1. Detroit Lions: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia - yes, they will

2. St. Louis Rams: OT Jason Smith, Baylor - the old NYG d coach knows the importance of having a good Oline

3. Kansas City Chiefs:  LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest - Pioli can't pass on this guy

4. Seattle Seahawks : QB Mark Sanchez, USC - Hasselback is 34 and SenecaWallace proved last year he's not the heir apparent.

. Cleveland Browns: OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas - CLE needs to bum rush Big Ben

6. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Eugene Moore, Virginia - they need guys up front

7. Oakland Raiders: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri - Al finally gets a #1 right 

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech - JAX might take Freeman

9. Green Bay Packers: OT Andre Smith, Alabama - Mr. Rodgers neighborhood just got friendlier

10 San Francisco 49ers: DE Everette Brown, Florida State - 9ers could go Oline

11. Buffalo Bills: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi - Have to- with the loss of LT to the Eagles 

12. Denver Broncos: NT BJ Raji, Boston College - no brainer

13. Washington Redskins: DB Darius Butler, Connecticut - sorry TEX

14. New Orleans Saints: RB Chris Wells, Ohio State - Drew gets a bruiser  

15. Houston Texans: LB Clay Matthews, USC - Houston reporter said Clay was in town 

16. San Diego Chargers: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC - Chargers need a ILB to complete the set of 4. And yes Rey will play all 4 downs by the end of the year. This guy fits AJ Smith's agenda, bigtime.

17. NY Jets: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland - This guy could flop IMO

18. Denver Broncos: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU - again, no brainer. Josh knows talent - he axed that loser Cutler. I didn't think he had the knads to follow through on it, props to Josh ,I concur.  

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Josh Freeman Kanas State - the best of the rest at QB

20. Detroit Lions: OT Eben Britton, Arizona - up front is a must

21. Philadelphia Eagles: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State - Andy Reid needs another DB

22. Minnesota Vikings: OT William Beatty, Connecticut - Adrian P. needs blocking.
    Vikes could land Alex Mack here.

23. New England Patriots: DB Vontae Davis, Illinois - The secret Patriots reveal nothing about this pre-draft.

24. Atlanta Falcons: DE/DT Evander Hood, Missouri - This guy can play

25. Miami Dolphins: OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State - Parcells wants a good D

26. Baltimore Ravens: TE Brandon Pettigrew, OK State - Todd Heap is not making Raven brass happy with his level of play 

27. Indianapolis Colts: DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi - Have to, these lame Colts got to get some size on D. 

28. Buffalo Bills: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee - this guy can play

29. NY Giants: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina -  Firearms should not be used by those who have no common sense. 

30. Tennessee Titans: WR Percy Harvin, Florida - this is pending drug tests of course

31. Arizona Cardinals: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia - This is a find; just might be a Charger at 16 but I doubt it

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack, California
     - The boring Steelers take a yawner

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Interesting mock. For the Pats at 23, Aaron Maybin, Robert Ayers, Michael Johnson, Larry English, Connor Barwin, Clint Sintim, Brian Cushing, and Cody Brown would all be available so the Pats likely pass on LB. Davis is possible, but I suspect that the Pats aren't going to go out of their way to draft him. He's more likely a target for the 34th pick. I see the Pats going RB, Donald Brown with that pick if the draft turned out this way. Then the Pats would be looking defense in the second round, defensive line or defensive back at 34 and outside linebacker at 47.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Excellent article by Mike Reiss today on the 2006 draft. The Pats can ill afford to whiff on this draft, as they did in 2006.

For those of you who are clamouring for the Pats to trade up, the Chad Jackson trade illustrates just how risky that can be. Whenever a team trades-up for a player, that player had better produce. If hes' a bust, its' particularly a disaster...when you factor in that the team gave away two top prospects to get him.

Though Laurence Maroney has drawn the most heat, it is the Jackson failure that lingers the most. WR Randy Moss is 33, Jabar Gaffney is gone...leaving the Pats to have to trade a 5th rounder for journeyman Greg Lewis, and to sign 37 year old Joey Galloway as a FA. So...either this year or next, the Patriots might have to use another high draft choice on a WR...as the cost for the Jackson mistake continues to rise.  

In retrospect, an argument certainly can be made that the 2006 Patriots lost the AFC Championship, and the SB, to the Indianapolis Colts in April of 2006...not in January of 2007. RB Joseph Addai, and 6th rounders Charlie Johnson (RG), and Antoine Bethea (FS) were key contributors for the world champion 2006 Colts.

For any of you who missed the Reiss article, here it is: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2009/04/19/
    grades_are_in_for_class_of_06/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

BOLT'S ROUND #1 1. Detroit Lions: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia - yes, they will 2. St. Louis Rams: OT Jason Smith, Baylor - the old NYG d coach knows the importance of having a good Oline 3. Kansas City Chiefs:  LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest - Pioli can't pass on this guy 4. Seattle Seahawks : QB Mark Sanchez, USC - Hasselback is 34 and SenecaWallace proved last year he's not the heir apparent. . Cleveland Browns: OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas - CLE needs to bum rush Big Ben 6. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Eugene Moore, Virginia - they need guys up front 7. Oakland Raiders: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri - Al finally gets a #1 right  8. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech - JAX might take Freeman 9. Green Bay Packers: OT Andre Smith, Alabama - Mr. Rodgers neighborhood just got friendlier 10 San Francisco 49ers: DE Everette Brown, Florida State - 9ers could go Oline 11. Buffalo Bills: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi - Have to- with the loss of LT to the Eagles  12. Denver Broncos: NT BJ Raji, Boston College - no brainer 13. Washington Redskins: DB Darius Butler, Connecticut - sorry TEX 14. New Orleans Saints: RB Chris Wells, Ohio State - Drew gets a bruiser   15. Houston Texans: LB Clay Matthews, USC - Houston reporter said Clay was in town  16. San Diego Chargers: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC - Chargers need a ILB to complete the set of 4. And yes Rey will play all 4 downs by the end of the year. This guy fits AJ Smith's agenda, bigtime. 17. NY Jets: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland - This guy could flop IMO 18. Denver Broncos: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU - again, no brainer. Josh knows talent - he axed that loser Cutler. I didn't think he had the knads to follow through on it, props to Josh ,I concur.   19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Josh Freeman Kanas State - the best of the rest at QB 20. Detroit Lions: OT Eben Britton, Arizona - up front is a must 21. Philadelphia Eagles: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State - Andy Reid needs another DB 22. Minnesota Vikings: OT William Beatty, Connecticut - Adrian P. needs blocking. Vikes could land Alex Mack here. 23. New England Patriots: DB Vontae Davis, Illinois - The secret Patriots reveal nothing about this pre-draft. 24. Atlanta Falcons: DE/DT Evander Hood, Missouri - This guy can play 25. Miami Dolphins: OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State - Parcells wants a good D 26. Baltimore Ravens: TE Brandon Pettigrew, OK State - Todd Heap is not making Raven brass happy with his level of play  27. Indianapolis Colts: DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi - Have to, these lame Colts got to get some size on D.  28. Buffalo Bills: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee - this guy can play 29. NY Giants: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina -  Firearms should not be used by those who have no common sense.  30. Tennessee Titans: WR Percy Harvin, Florida - this is pending drug tests of course 31. Arizona Cardinals: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia - This is a find; just might be a Charger at 16 but I doubt it 32. Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack, California  - The boring Steelers take a yawner
    Posted by jbolted

Bolt:

Thats' as good a mock draft as any I've read. But, at #23, Vontae Davis to the Patriots?? Davis is a first class airhead. No way the Redskins take Darius Butler at #13. They'll either trade up for Mark Sanchez, or trade the pick for Brady Quinn. Failing that, they'll draft a pass-rusher, or go OL.

But, if the draft did go as you suggest, the Pats would likely look to trade down, or select from among Maybin, Ayers, Hood, Peria, Nicks, Moreno, or Donald Brown. Any or all would be far better choices than Davis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Only one more week of mocks and speculation left.  I can’t wait.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Interesting mock. For the Pats at 23, Aaron Maybin, Robert Ayers, Michael Johnson, Larry English, Connor Barwin, Clint Sintim, Brian Cushing, and Cody Brown would all be available so the Pats likely pass on LB. Davis is possible, but I suspect that the Pats aren't going to go out of their way to draft him. He's more likely a target for the 34th pick. I see the Pats going RB, Donald Brown with that pick if the draft turned out this way. Then the Pats would be looking defense in the second round, defensive line or defensive back at 34 and outside linebacker at 47.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

If Butler is gone at 23, and Malcolm Jenkins is still there, would BB take Jenkins @23? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Bolt:      Thats' as good a mock draft as any I've read. But, at #23, Vontae Davis to the Patriots?? Davis is a first class airhead. No way the Redskins take Darius Butler at #13. They'll either trade up for Mark Sanchez, or trade the pick for Brady Quinn. Failing that, they'll draft a pass-rusher, or go OL.      But, if the draft did go as you suggest, the Pats would likely look to trade down, or select from among Maybin, Ayers, Hood, Peria, Nicks, Moreno, or Donald Brown. Any or all would be far better choices than Davis.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

Of your list, Hood is keeper. I kind of struggled with your Pats & the Skins in regards to who they'll take. Skins could go Oline or LB & Moreno or Brown on the Pats would be downright scary. I think the Pats go LB or DB with the #1, while staying put.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Bolt:      Thats' as good a mock draft as any I've read. But, at #23, Vontae Davis to the Patriots?? Davis is a first class airhead. No way the Redskins take Darius Butler at #13. They'll either trade up for Mark Sanchez, or trade the pick for Brady Quinn. Failing that, they'll draft a pass-rusher, or go OL.      But, if the draft did go as you suggest, the Pats would likely look to trade down, or select from among Maybin, Ayers, Hood, Peria, Nicks, Moreno, or Donald Brown. Any or all would be far better choices than Davis.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

I'd agree with everything there. Except, I don't see the Pats looking at Nicks till it's a value selection. 23 is a reach for the Pats to take him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

What are the character issues of Vontae Davis?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

What are the character issues of Vontae Davis?
    Posted by Rocky

"One reason to back away from Davis is the fact that he didn’t really improve from 2007 to 2008. He was dominant, but not more so than the year before. Illinois head coach Ron Zook recognized Davis’ potential, and benched him for a game as a “wake-up call.” I’m not willing to question his dedication or work ethic yet, but they may cause problems in the future."

Sections
Shortcuts