UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: UPDATED MOCK DRAFT

[QUOTE]Surprising to see people thinking RB for Pats.  Kiper has had Donald Brown as the 1st round selection as well.  I don't think Pats will look running back early, they seem to have a philosophy of dedicating a specific amount in salary for each position.  There are 5 guys on the RB depth chart, including Maroney's 1st round money and Taylor's up front money.  I think they won't want to dedicate first or second round type money there.  Robert Ayers popped up in Reiss column mocks a few times, if he''s there definately an interesting pick.  Mayock loves him.
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

The only question I have on Ayers is whether he can fit in the Pats' 3-4 system as an OLB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]     Moss:      The players that I think the Pats may have interest in, who may be available at #23 are: CB Darius Butler, LBs Rey Maualuga or Clay Matthews, DT Ziggy Hood, DEs Robert Ayers and Larry English, OT Eben Britton, and RB Donald Brown.      Kyle thinks that OT Michael Oher will slip down to #23. I don't see that happening. But, if it did, he'd be a great pick.      As for taking a guess on who the Pats will actually take, I'll do that tonight or tomorrow morning, when I compose my final mock draft.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

When have I put Oher past 11? He's gone between 8 and 11. Heck, most of my mocks have either 5 or 6 OTs off the board before we pick. I believe one of them had 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm not a big fan of the Ayers pick for the Pats. At best, he's the same type of player as AD, which isn't what we need as our second starting OLB. He wasn't productive enough in college and he isn't athletic enough to justify a pick from the Pats. He has a lot more value for a team like the Bills than he does for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

[QUOTE]     For those of you who are attempting to gauge whether the Patriots will move up in the draft, heres' an excellent article on the subject...which discusses the NFL trade value chart. For example, according to the chart, if the Pats wanted to obtain the 10th overall pick from the 49ers, the cost would be all three of their second round picks (picks #34, 47, and 58): http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m4d23-Where-the-New-England-Patriots-stand-on-the-NFL-Draft-Trade-Value-Chart
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    I don't think you can use that as gospel anymore because of the money involved for players taken that high, but it's still a good guide. the only guys I would trade up that far for is curry. he will be worth it. Any one else-no way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i was thinking oher if he fell to 23.when you use the reply button on here it uses your name instead of the person you are replying to.so it can look like you were saying it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]When have I put Oher past 11? He's gone between 8 and 11. Heck, most of my mocks have either 5 or 6 OTs off the board before we pick. I believe one of them had 7.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Sorry...my mistake. Moss mentioned Oher falling to the Pats, not you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

According to Peter King, the Pats are trying to trade-up into the top 10 picks. They have supposedly offered their 23rd and 47th overall picks to Jacksonville for the Jags 8th overall pick: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/24/draft/index.html?eref=sircrc.

Does anybody want to wager a guess on which player(s) the Pats are targeting? OT Andre Smith, DE Tyson Jackson, WRs Jerry Maclin or Michael Crabtree?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

How does the proposed trade of the Pats' 23rd and 47th picks to the Jags for their 8th pick work out, according to the draft chart?: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m4d23-Where-the-New-England-Patriots-stand-on-the-NFL-Draft-Trade-Value-Chart

According to the chart, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points. The 23rd pick is worth 760 points, and the 47th pick 560 points, which adds up to 1190 points. So, according to the chart, the Pats offer was 210 light. 

If the Pats had offered the 23rd and 34th picks, the point total for these picks would be 1320....still 80 points under 1400.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here is a copy of the draft chart:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The draft chart is irrelevant and has been for a good 10 years. If the Pats move up, look for Darius Butler to be the selection

Darius Butler!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]  UPDATED 4/21 mock (final update on 4/24). I was hoping to have the list of players who tested positive at the Combine prior to doing this. The paragraph below each new pick marked by an asterisk indicates my choice on 4/13:                                                  ROUND ONE 1.) DETROIT LIONS: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia: Frankly, I think this is a huge mistake. But, these are the Lions...and they are desparate for a franchise QB. I selected Jason Smith to go here previously. But, that was before I knew that  Smith and Stafford share the same agent group, led by Tom Condon. Aaron Curry would be a cheaper, safer alternative. But, because he doesn't play a "key" position, the choice will be Stafford.       Rick Gosselin's (herinafter referred to a "Goose") choice: LB Aaron Curry   * OT Jason Smith, Baylor: No Matthew Stafford here. Why? Stafford made the mistake of retaining Tom Condon as his agent. No one wants to deal with him. I can't see the Lions agreeing to pay $70mil. for a long term deal, with at least $35mil. guaranteed. Theres' too great a chance that Stafford will be a bust, and too great a chance that Condon will hold him out. So, like Miami did last year, the Lions will select a guy that they can sign prior to his selection, and sign for less.      Both Mel Kiper and OurLads predict that Stafford will be chosen here. 2.) ST. LOUIS RAMS: OT Jason Smith, Baylor: Smith is more athletic. In addition, theres' been reports that OT Eugene Monroe might have a bad knee.        Goose: QB Matthew Stafford. * OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia: No Stafford here also for the same reasons as listed above. With Orlando Pace gone, the Rams need to fill a huge hole at LT.       Both Kiper and OurLads have OT Jason Smith going here. 3.) WASHINGTON REDSKINS (from KC Chiefs): QB Mark Sanchez, USC: Danny Snyder is infatuated by Sanchez, and takes a huge gamble in trading up to nab him. He parts with his 1st round pick (13th overall) and 3rd round pick (80th overall) this year, and his 1st round pick next year, in making the deal. Sanchez will back up QB Jason Campbell this season...before taking over in 2010, as Campbell leaves as a free agent.        Goose: Chiefs select LB Aaron Curry. * LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest: Safe pick, to learn at the feet of Mike Vrabel. 4.) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest: With Julian Peterson gone, Curry is the perfect replacement. Though WR Michael Crabtree is tempting, Curry may be the best available player in the draft.        Goose: QB Mark Sanchez. * WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech: The Seahawks really wanted to see OTs Smith or Monroe available to them. With both gone, the choice comes down to Stafford, Sanchez, or Crabtree. Crabtree is a safer pick...as the Condon factor causes Stafford to continue to slide.      Kiper and OurLads: Monroe. 5.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech: Either on draft day or the day before, the Browns will trade WR Braylon Edwards to the NY Giants for the Giants' 2nd round pick (45th overall), 5th round pick (#151), and WR Domenik Hixson. The Browns replace Edwards with Crabtree.         Goose: Crabtree * QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia: The Browns are in a great spot to trade. They could ship Brady Quinn to Denver for the 18th overall pick, and select Matthew Stafford. Eric Mangini probably wants to bring in a QB of his choosing...and Stafford could be the guy. The Condon factor might not scare off the Browns. With Derek Anderson still under contract, Cleveland would have some insurance and  leverage against a Condon holdout. The other choice is to take a pass-rusher, such as Brian Orakpo.      Kiper: Michael Crabtree, OurLads: Brian Orakpo. 6.) CINCINNATI BENGALS: OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia: Despite rumors of a bad knee, the Bengals roll dice on the guy who may be the best OL available. After all, job one is to protect and serve Carson Palmer.      Goose: Monroe.   * OT Andre Smith: Job one for the Bengals is to protect QB Carson Palmer...who reportedly is at last healthy. Due to his alleged immaturity, Smith represents a huge risk to a team that needs good players everywhere. Michael Oher or Jerry Maclin are other possibilities.      Kiper and OurLads: Andre Smith. 7.) OAKLAND RAIDERS: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri:  No change here. Good ol' Uncle Al is still looking to stretch the field.       Goose: Maclin.      Kiper: Maclin, OurLads: Crabtree. 8.) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: OT Andre Smith, Alabama: The Jags' OL was riddled with injuries last year. They can't feel too comfortable with 34 year old Tra Thomas as their starting LT.       Goose: Andre Smith   * DE Brian Orakpo, Texas: The Jags are still searching for someone that can put Peyton Manning on his backside on a fairly consistent basis. They could also choose to trade down to a team that wants to move up to take QB Mark Sanchez...or take Sanchez themselves.      Kiper: Orakpo, OurLads: Maclin. 9.) GREEN BAY PACKERS: DE/OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State:  No change here, though the Pack will think long and hard about DE Tyson Jackson. New DC Dom Capers will get busy on installing a 3-4 defense. Does he take a NT like BJ Raji, or a pass-rusher? My guess is pass-rusher, as Capers likes to play an aggressive style of defense.      Goose: DB Malcolm Jenkins      Kiper: Raji, OurLads: DE/OLB Everette Brown. 10.) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: DE/OLB Everette Brown, Florida State: No change here, either. I can't see Mike Singletary giving up a chance to build on his defense by taking QB Mark Sanchez...especially since the 49ers desparately need a pass-rusher.      Goose: QB Josh Freeman.      Kiper: Aaron Maybin, OurLads: DB Malcolm Jenkins. 11.) BUFFALO BILLS: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU: Jackson is the best "pure DE" in the draft.      Goose: Jackson     * Robert Ayers, Tennessee: The Bills must find a way to compete with the New England Patriots...who have owned them for years. They must get someone who can help Aaron Schobel get some heat on Tom Brady.      Kiper: Ayers, OurLads: LB Brian Cushing. 12.) DENVER BRONCOS: DT BJ Raji, Boston College: No change here. Josh McDaniels hopes that Raji will be his Vince Wilfolk.      Goose: Raji.      Kiper and OurLads: DE Tyson Jackson. 13.) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (from Washington Redskins): OLB/DE Brian Orakpo, Texas: Scott Pioli hopes Orakpo is not the next Vernon Gholston...but the next Jared Allen.      Goose: Aaron Maybin. * Washington Redskins: QB Mark Sanchez, USC: Incumbent QB Jason Campbell's contract situation will be becoming an issue soon. The 'Skins tried hard to unload Campbell and get Jay Cutler.      Kiper: Sanchez, OurLads: OT Michael Oher. 14.) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State: Jenkins takes over at FS for the Saints.       Goose: RB Chris "Beannie" Wells   *RB Chris Wells, Ohio State: With Duece McAllister gone, the Saints need a workhorse RB.       Kiper: Wells, OurLads: LB Clay Matthews. 15.) HOUSTON TEXANS: LB Clay Matthews, USC:  No change here. Matthews gets the nod over Brian Cushing, whose been rumored to use steroids for years.       Goose: Brian Orakpo.        Kiper: Cushing, OurLads: DT Jerry Peria. 16.) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi:  As I stated previously, Philip Rivers is now "The Man" in San Diego. When protected, hes' one of the most effective QBs in the game.       Goose: RB Knowshon Moreno. * OT Eben Britton, Arizona: Philip Rivers is now "The Man" in San Diego. When protected, hes' one of the most effective QBs in the game. Though ILB Rey Maualuga is tempting, he may be viewed as just a two down player. Some off the field issues may also serve to tip the scales against his selection. But, most likely, the lack of a second round draft choice makes it imperative that the Chargers shore up their OL with this pick.     Both Kiper and OurLads: ILB Rey Maualuga. 17.) NY JETS: QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State: Jets are delighted that Freeman fell to them at #17. He will be groomed to take over at QB in 2010, if not sooner. Jets hope that hes' this years' Joe Flacco.        Goose: WR Percy Harvin. * WR Darrius Heywood-Bey, Maryland: Jets need plenty of help at the skill positions. They could also go with RB Knowshown Moreno, QB Josh Freeman, or a pass-rusher, such as a Larry English or Connor Barwin.      Kiper: Heywood-Bey, OurLads: QB Mark Sanchez. 18.) DENVER BRONCOS: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee: The Broncos have a tough choice between Ayers and ILB Rey Maulaluga. But, in the end, they like the pass-rushing potential of Ayers.      Goose: Ayers. * Cleveland Browns from Denver Broncos in proposed Brady Quinn trade: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU: Stange that even if Denver were to keep this pick, that Jackson would also be their choice. Jackson has the makings of an excellent 3-4 DE.      Kiper: Everette Brown, OurLads: BJ Raji. 19.) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: DT Jerry Peria, Mississippi: No change here. The Bucs need a DT.      Goose: LB Brian Cushing.        Kiper: QB Josh Freeman, OurLads: DE Paul Kruger. 20.) DETROIT LIONS: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC: The Lions try to change their pussy-cat image by adding a beast in the middle.      Goose: Dt Jerry Peria.   * QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State: Lions are thrilled that Freeman fell to them at #20. This alleviates criticism for passing on alleged franchise QB, Matthew Stafford.       Kiper: OT Michael Oher, OurLads: ILB James Laurinaitis. 21.) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State: The Eagles step out of character by taking a potential character. But, Pettigrew is the meanest, nastiest blocking TE in the draft. A tough choice between RB Knowshon Moreno, WR Darius Heywood-Bey, Brian Cushing, and pass rushers like Larry English and Connor Barwin.        Goose: OT Michael Oher. * OT Michael Oher: The Eagles always look to the OL and DL first. Though they need a RB and a WR, they can't pass up Oher.       Kiper: RB Knowshon Moreno, OurLads: RB Chris Wells. 22.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS: WR Darius Heywood-Bey, Maryland:  You would think that after the Troy Williamson disaster that the Vikes would say nay to a similar type of player. But, history repeats itself with this selection.      Goose: Heywood-Bey.       *OT William Beatty, Connecticutt: The Vikings need an OT...and theres' a fairly large drop off after Beatty.       Kiper: WR Kenny Britt, OurLads: OT Eben Britton. 23.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: CB Darius Butler, Connecticut: The Patriots view Butler as the top CB in the draft. It would have been nteresting to see if BB would have chosen Butler over Rey Maualuga, had he still been available.        Goose: ILB Rey Maualuga. * ILB Rey Maualuga, USC: Tough choice for BB and company...with Connor Barwin, Larry English, RB Donald Brown, and any DB of their choice available. But, Tedy Bruschi is 36, and may choose to retire at any time.      Kiper: RB Donald Brown, OurLads: CB Alphonso Smith. 24.) ATLANTA FALCONS: CB Vontae Davis, Illinois: The Falcons really wanted Butler. But, with him gone, they roll dice on the talented but inigmatic Davis.       Goose: Davis. * CB Darius Butler:   Though TE Brandon Pettigrew would help their offense in many ways, the secondary needs to be addressed...as the playoff loss to Arizona clearly demonstrated.      Both Kiper and OurLads: TE Brandon Pettigrew (Theres' rumor that the Falcons have offered their second round pick, 55th overall, straight up for Chiefs' TE Tony Gonzalez). 25.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: DE/OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati: Bill Parcells is seemingly forever searching for the next Lawrence Taylor...and hopes Barwin is the guy.      Goose: LB Clay Matthews. * DB Malcolm Jenkins: The secondary remains the 'Fins greatest weakness.      Kiper: Jenkins, OurLads: OG Max Unger. 26.) BALTIMORE RAVENS: LB Brian Cushing, USC: No change here. Cushing will replace the departed LB Bart Scott:      Goose: TE Brandon Pettigrew.      Kiper: CB Vontae Davis, OurLads: WR Darrius Hetwood-Bey. 27.) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: DT "Ziggy" Hood, Missouri:  No change here, either. The Colts must play better run defense next season...which requires help at DT.      Goose: Hood.      Kiper: DT Jerry Peria, OurLads: Hood. 28.) BUFFALO BILLS (from Philadelphia Eagles): OT Eben Britton, Arizona:  The choice comes down to Beatty and Britton, to replace the departed Jason Peters.       Goose: Britton      Kiper: OT Eben Britton, OurLads: OLB/DE Connor Barwin. 29.) NY GIANTS: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia:  The G-men can't believe their good fortune in getting Moreno this late. If no trade is made for Edwards, Kenny Britt would be their choice.      Goose: Britt. * NY Giants: Kenny Britt is the WR remaining who best fills their need to replace Plaxico Burress. RB Knowshon Moreno is another possibility.      Kiper: WR Hakeem Nicks, OurLads: Britt 30.) TENNESSEE TITANS: WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers: Huge target, and swift route runner that the Titans need.       Goose: ILB James Laurinaitis   *Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina: The Tuxedos will be tempted by Percy Harvin. But, his off field antics and his low Wonderlic score will give them flashbacks of PacMan Jones.       Kiper: Harvin, OurLads: Nicks. 31.) ARIZONA CARDINALS: RB Chris "Beannie" Wells, Ohio State: Rumors of a foot injury don't stop the Cards from adding Wells.      Goose: RB Donald Brown, Connecticut. *Knowshon Moreno: The Cards would be thrilled if Moreno slips down to them.      Kiper: LB/DE Larry English, OurLads: Moreno. 32.) PITTSBURGH STEELERS: C Eric Wood, Louisville:  The greatest weakness for the champs is their OL. With quality back-up QB Byron Leftwich now a Buccaneer, it becomes even more imperative to protect Ben Roethlisberger.      Goose: Wood. *Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack.      Kiper: C Eric Wood, OurLads: Mack.                                             ROUND TWO:  33.) DETROIT LIONS: OT William Beatty, Connecticut: Their new zillion dollar QB will need protection.  *ILB James Laurinaitis: The Lions ned some size inside. Laurinaitis will provide that.       Kiper: Laurinaitis, OurLads: CB Darius Butler. 34.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State: Pats reload on the DL, and get insurance, should Richard Seymour leave in 2010. Or, could trade down. *DE/OLB Connor Barwin: Don't be surprised if the Pats pull a shocker by trading down, or taking San Diego State DE, Jarron Gilbert. Remember, the oft injured Richard Seymour is in his contract year, and likely won't be resigned in 2010. But, Barwin has looked so good in workouts that the Pats would have to take him here. In fact, they may have to take him at #23 to get him. Still, because Barwin is very raw, and with the failure of workout warrior Vernon Gholston fresh in everybody's mind, he could slide to the Pats, at #34.       Kiper: Barwin, OurLads: RB Donald Brown. 35.) ST. LOUIS RAMS: WR Percy Harvin, Florida: No change here. Harvin is too good to fall much lower than this. The Rams need a replacement for WR Torrey Holt.      Kiper: CB Darius Butler, OurLads: Harvin. 36.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: OLB/DE Larry English, Northern Illinois: No change here. Eric Mangini goes to the well once more, looking for a premiere pass-rusher. For his sake, lets' hope that English is a much better player than Vernon Gholston.       Kiper: LB Clay Matthews, OurLads: WR Brian Robiske. 37.) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: C/G Max Unger, Oregon:  No change here, either. Matt Hasselbeck's bad back must be protected.       Kiper: SS William Moore, OurLads: CB Jarius Byrd. 38.) CINCINNATI BENGALS: C Alex Mack, California:  With Wood and Unger gone, the Bengals take the next best OL.   *Eric Wood: Commandment One in the holy season in Cincinnati is thou shalt protect Carson Palmer.      Kiper: C Alex Mack, OurLads: Wood. 39.) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina: Even with the signing of Torry Holt, Jags need WRs. *Brian Robiske, Ohio State:   The Jags are in a world of trouble at WR.      Kiper: Robiske, OurLads: CB Vontae Davis. 40.) OAKLAND RAIDERS: OT Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma:  No change here. Additional protection is given to JaMarcus Russell to find Jeremy Maclin deep.      Kiper: Loadholt, OurLads: OG Duke Robinson; 41.) GREEN BAY PACKERS: DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech: A boom or bust project at DE.   *DE Jarron Gilbert: Gilbert has the size and ability to develop into an outstanding 3-4 DE.      Kiper and OurLads: OT William Beatty. 42.) BUFFALO BILLS: TE Shawn Nelson, So. Mississippi:  The Bills have been searching for a good TE for years.   *Brandon Pettigrew: An absolute steal at this point.      Kiper: TE Jared Cook, OurLads: TE Chase Coffman. 43.) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: CB Sean Smith, Utah: Huge CB to combat the Larry Fitzgeralds of the world. *Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest: Doesn't have the raw talent of Vontae Davis, but has more maturity. If the 5'9" Smith were two inches taller, he'd likely be a top 10 pick. No way that the 49ers would take the brother of bust TE Vernon Davis.       Kiper: Smith, OurLads: DE Michael Johnson. 44.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt: To replace the departed Andre Goodman. *OLB/DE Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond: Heir apparent to Joey Porter.      Kiper: DE Jarron Gilbert, OurLads: OLB Marcus Freeman. 45.) CLEVELAND BROWNS (from NY Giants via Braylon Edwards trade): RB Donald Brown, Connecticut: An absolute steal here. *NY GIANTS: LB Clint Sintim, Virginia:  Another big LB with pass-rush potential. TEs Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson are also possibilties.      Kiper: TE Shawn Nelson, OurLads: Sintim. 46.) HOUSTON TEXANS: CB Sherrod Martin, Troy:  Tall (6'1") speedy CB to combat the Indianapolis Colts. *Vontae Davis:   Some dice rolling by Gary Kubiak and company.      Kiper: DT Ziggy Hood, OurLads: RB Shonn Greene. 47.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: SS William Moore, Missouri:  Moore will be groomed as heir apparent to Rodney Harrison.   *TE Shawn Nelson: The beginning of the end of the disappointing Ben Watson ansd David Thomas.            Kiper: CB Sean Smith, OurLads: OG/OT Jamon Meredith. 48.) DENVER BRONCOS: ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State: Will take charge in the middle. *Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech: Boom or bust type player is worth a gamble by the defenseless Broncos.      Kiper: NT Ron Brace, OurLads: FS Louis Delmas. 49.) CHICAGO BEARS: FS Louis Delmas, Western Michigan: No change. Lord knows that the Bears need WRs. But Delmas is too good to pass up.      Kiper: WR Mohammed Massaquoi, OurLads: WR Kenny McKinley. 50.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: LB Clint Sintin, Virginia:  Mangini fits him into his 3-4. * RB Andre Brown, North Carolina State:  Veteran Jamal Lewis is in his 30s, and his production noticably declined last season.       Kiper: RB LeSean McCoy, OurLads: Andre Brown. 51.) DALLAS COWBOYS: SS Patrick Chung, Oregon: To replace SS Roy Williams. *William Moore, Missouri:  No change again. Will replace the departed Roy Williams.      Kiper: FS Louis Delmas, OurLads: DE Robery Ayers. 52.) NY JETS: RB LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh: Still no change. The reason why McCoy is around at this point is that he has an acute case of fumble-itis. Jets fans hope that he can be cured, just as Tiki Barber was cured, late in his career.       Kiper: RB Andre Brown, OurLads: WR Mike Thomas, Arizona. 53.) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: WR Mohammed Massaquoi, Georgia: Again, no change. Donovan McNabb gets a new weapon.      Kiper: DE Michael Johnson, OurLads: TE Jared Cook. 54.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS: CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest:  Young CB to replentish aging secondary.    *Sean Smith: Huge CB to help defend against the Calvin Johnsons of the world.      Kiper: C Max Unger, OurLads: CB D.J. Moore. 55.) ATLANTA FALCONS: TE Jared Cook, South Carolina: No change. If they fail in the efforts to land TE Tony Gonzalez, for whom they have allegedly offered this pick...Cook will be the guy.      Kiper: CB Sherrod Martin, Troy. OurLads: DE/OLB Larry English. 56.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: DE Paul Kruger, Utah: No change. Kruger would have gone much higher, but for the fact that hes' playing with only one kidney.       Kiper: LB Clint Sintim, OurLads: DT Fili Moala, USC. 57.) BALTIMORE RAVENS: WR Joaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma: No change. Dependable possession-type receiver with the knack of getting open.      Kiper: Iglesias, OurLads: DE/OLB Aaron Maybin. 58.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: QB/WR Pat White, West Virginia:  Again, no change. Its' a toss-up here between White, OG/OT Jamon Meredith, and Penn State OT Gerald Cadogan. OurLads is high on both players...but Kiper has Cadogan rated much lower...and has him projected as a RT only. But, I have a feeling that BB sees White as the next Troy Brown. NT Ron Brace would be an interesting selection here...but his selection would surely anger Vince Wilfolk.        Kiper: White, OurLads: ILB Jasper Brinkley.      59.) CAROLINA PANTHERS: DT Roy Miller, Texas: No change yet again. The Patriots and anybody else interested in DE Julius Peppers really have the Panthers over a barrell...compensation wise. Peppers doesn't want to play in Carolina. Yet, with a swish of a pen, he is eligible to earn over $16mil. dollars. The Panthers must find a way to unload him. Could a straight up, Richard Seymour for Peppers deal, or a Jarvis Green and the 34th overall pick be in the cards? It all depends on Peppers willingness to take less money. Horrible situation for the Panthers...who will select the best defensive lineman available.      Kiper: Miller, OurLads: DE Alex Magee.  60.) NY GIANTS: TE Chase Coffman, Missouri:  No change. Coffman will make a huge target in double-TE sets with incumbent TE Kevin Boss.      Kiper: LB Kaluka Maiava, OurLads: TE Shawn Nelson. 61.) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: WR Derrick Williams, Penn State:  No change. Bill Polian hopes he has found the second coming of Brandon Stokely in Williams.       Kiper: Williams, OurLads: WR Mike Wallace. 62.) TENNESSEE TITANS: CB Jarius Byrd, Oregon: To eventually replace 35 year old Nick Harper. *D.J. Moore:   Additional help in the secondary, to eventually replace 35 year old starter Nick Harper.      Kiper: D.J. Moore, OurLads: NT Ron Brace. 63.) ARIZONA CARDINALS: NT Ron Brace, Boston College:  No change. Cards fortify their run defense with Brace.      Kiper: RB Shonn Greene, OurLads: CB Mike Mickens. 64.) PITTSBURGH STEELERS: OG/OT Jamon Meredith, South Carolina: Again, no change. Another   brick in place to rebuild their OL.       Kiper: CB Jairus Byrd, OurLads: Craig Urbik, OG.                                                        
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] Tex, sorry I failed to respond earlier. I hope you are correct with your choices. Two of my favorite  players in this draft are Pat White and Jarron Gilbert. My only fear is that JG may not be very good in pass coverage, but he will create havoc in the backfield. Any projections of late round selections? Lots of depth this year OL & DL, still hoping for an OL infusion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The draft chart is irrelevant and has been for a good 10 years. If the Pats move up, look for Darius Butler to be the selection Darius Butler!!
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

No way that the Pats trade up into the top 10, and than take Butler. Though an argument may be made that hes' the best CB available in this draft, hes' not a top 10 pick...nor is he worth top 10 money. In fact, the Pats might be able to get him at #23.

Andre Smith, Orakpo, Maclin, Crabtree, Jackson, or Raji are the likely targets.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Now theres' a rumor floating around that the Buffalo Bills, who own picks #11 andd #28, are trying to move ahead of the Bengals at #6, in order to select Andre Smith: http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=859335&nid=3681022&fhn=1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

What do you guys think about the Pats trading up in the draft to pick Rey Maualuga? Maybe they don't need to got top 10 but around 13, 14...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]What do you guys think about the Pats trading up in the draft to pick Rey Maualuga? Maybe they don't need to got top 10 but around 13, 14...
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Much depends on their scouting reports. Some see Maualuga as just a 2 down player. Many predict that he'll go to SD at #16. But, the Chargers have signed FA ILB Kevin Burnett. Plus, they could use a RB...and either Knowshon Moreno or Beanniie Wells should be available at #16.

If Maualuga gets by SD at #16, and Detroit at #20, he could fall to the Pats at #23. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Tex,
    Thanks for reply...when you say 2 down player do you mean he sits on 3d and long for a cornerback cause he can't cover down field...if so, is that coachable in the pros, or after 4 years at USC should he already be able to do that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, Thanks for reply...when you say 2 down player do you mean he sits on 3d and long for a cornerback cause he can't cover down field...if so, is that coachable in the pros, or after 4 years at USC should he already be able to do that?
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Yes...some teams thing that he'll have to sit on 3rd down, much like Ted Johnson did when he played ILB for the Pats.

As I'm sure you know, the pro-game is much faster than the college game. Speed is something that can't be coached. Some don't feel hes' fast enough to play in coverage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

UPDATED 4/21 mock (final update on 4/24). I was hoping to have the list of players who tested positive at the Combine prior to doing this. The paragraph below each new pick marked by an asterisk indicates my choice on 4/13:                                                  ROUND ONE 1.) DETROIT LIONS: QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia: Frankly, I think this is a huge mistake. But, these are the Lions...and they are desparate for a franchise QB. I selected Jason Smith to go here previously. But, that was before I knew that  Smith and Stafford share the same agent group, led by Tom Condon. Aaron Curry would be a cheaper, safer alternative. But, because he doesn't play a "key" position, the choice will be Stafford.       Rick Gosselin's (herinafter referred to a "Goose") choice: LB Aaron Curry   * OT Jason Smith, Baylor: No Matthew Stafford here. Why? Stafford made the mistake of retaining Tom Condon as his agent. No one wants to deal with him. I can't see the Lions agreeing to pay $70mil. for a long term deal, with at least $35mil. guaranteed. Theres' too great a chance that Stafford will be a bust, and too great a chance that Condon will hold him out. So, like Miami did last year, the Lions will select a guy that they can sign prior to his selection, and sign for less.      Both Mel Kiper and OurLads predict that Stafford will be chosen here. 2.) ST. LOUIS RAMS: OT Jason Smith, Baylor: Smith is more athletic. In addition, theres' been reports that OT Eugene Monroe might have a bad knee.        Goose: QB Matthew Stafford. * OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia: No Stafford here also for the same reasons as listed above. With Orlando Pace gone, the Rams need to fill a huge hole at LT.       Both Kiper and OurLads have OT Jason Smith going here. 3.) WASHINGTON REDSKINS (from KC Chiefs): QB Mark Sanchez, USC: Danny Snyder is infatuated by Sanchez, and takes a huge gamble in trading up to nab him. He parts with his 1st round pick (13th overall) and 3rd round pick (80th overall) this year, and his 1st round pick next year, in making the deal. Sanchez will back up QB Jason Campbell this season...before taking over in 2010, as Campbell leaves as a free agent.        Goose: Chiefs select LB Aaron Curry. * LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest: Safe pick, to learn at the feet of Mike Vrabel. 4.) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest: With Julian Peterson gone, Curry is the perfect replacement. Though WR Michael Crabtree is tempting, Curry may be the best available player in the draft.        Goose: QB Mark Sanchez. * WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech: The Seahawks really wanted to see OTs Smith or Monroe available to them. With both gone, the choice comes down to Stafford, Sanchez, or Crabtree. Crabtree is a safer pick...as the Condon factor causes Stafford to continue to slide.      Kiper and OurLads: Monroe. 5.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech: Either on draft day or the day before, the Browns will trade WR Braylon Edwards to the NY Giants for the Giants' 2nd round pick (45th overall), 5th round pick (#151), and WR Domenik Hixson. The Browns replace Edwards with Crabtree.         Goose: Crabtree * QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia: The Browns are in a great spot to trade. They could ship Brady Quinn to Denver for the 18th overall pick, and select Matthew Stafford. Eric Mangini probably wants to bring in a QB of his choosing...and Stafford could be the guy. The Condon factor might not scare off the Browns. With Derek Anderson still under contract, Cleveland would have some insurance and  leverage against a Condon holdout. The other choice is to take a pass-rusher, such as Brian Orakpo.      Kiper: Michael Crabtree, OurLads: Brian Orakpo. 6.) CINCINNATI BENGALS: OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia: Despite rumors of a bad knee, the Bengals roll dice on the guy who may be the best OL available. After all, job one is to protect and serve Carson Palmer.      Goose: Monroe.   * OT Andre Smith: Job one for the Bengals is to protect QB Carson Palmer...who reportedly is at last healthy. Due to his alleged immaturity, Smith represents a huge risk to a team that needs good players everywhere. Michael Oher or Jerry Maclin are other possibilities.      Kiper and OurLads: Andre Smith. 7.) OAKLAND RAIDERS: WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri:  No change here. Good ol' Uncle Al is still looking to stretch the field.       Goose: Maclin.      Kiper: Maclin, OurLads: Crabtree. 8.) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: OT Andre Smith, Alabama: The Jags' OL was riddled with injuries last year. They can't feel too comfortable with 34 year old Tra Thomas as their starting LT.       Goose: Andre Smith   * DE Brian Orakpo, Texas: The Jags are still searching for someone that can put Peyton Manning on his backside on a fairly consistent basis. They could also choose to trade down to a team that wants to move up to take QB Mark Sanchez...or take Sanchez themselves.      Kiper: Orakpo, OurLads: Maclin. 9.) GREEN BAY PACKERS: DE/OLB Aaron Maybin, Penn State:  No change here, though the Pack will think long and hard about DE Tyson Jackson. New DC Dom Capers will get busy on installing a 3-4 defense. Does he take a NT like BJ Raji, or a pass-rusher? My guess is pass-rusher, as Capers likes to play an aggressive style of defense.      Goose: DB Malcolm Jenkins      Kiper: Raji, OurLads: DE/OLB Everette Brown. 10.) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: DE/OLB Everette Brown, Florida State: No change here, either. I can't see Mike Singletary giving up a chance to build on his defense by taking QB Mark Sanchez...especially since the 49ers desparately need a pass-rusher.      Goose: QB Josh Freeman.      Kiper: Aaron Maybin, OurLads: DB Malcolm Jenkins. 11.) BUFFALO BILLS: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU: Jackson is the best "pure DE" in the draft.      Goose: Jackson     * Robert Ayers, Tennessee: The Bills must find a way to compete with the New England Patriots...who have owned them for years. They must get someone who can help Aaron Schobel get some heat on Tom Brady.      Kiper: Ayers, OurLads: LB Brian Cushing. 12.) DENVER BRONCOS: DT BJ Raji, Boston College: No change here. Josh McDaniels hopes that Raji will be his Vince Wilfolk.      Goose: Raji.      Kiper and OurLads: DE Tyson Jackson. 13.) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (from Washington Redskins): OLB/DE Brian Orakpo, Texas: Scott Pioli hopes Orakpo is not the next Vernon Gholston...but the next Jared Allen.      Goose: Aaron Maybin. * Washington Redskins: QB Mark Sanchez, USC: Incumbent QB Jason Campbell's contract situation will be becoming an issue soon. The 'Skins tried hard to unload Campbell and get Jay Cutler.      Kiper: Sanchez, OurLads: OT Michael Oher. 14.) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State: Jenkins takes over at FS for the Saints.       Goose: RB Chris "Beannie" Wells   *RB Chris Wells, Ohio State: With Duece McAllister gone, the Saints need a workhorse RB.       Kiper: Wells, OurLads: LB Clay Matthews. 15.) HOUSTON TEXANS: LB Clay Matthews, USC:  No change here. Matthews gets the nod over Brian Cushing, whose been rumored to use steroids for years.       Goose: Brian Orakpo.        Kiper: Cushing, OurLads: DT Jerry Peria. 16.) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi:  As I stated previously, Philip Rivers is now "The Man" in San Diego. When protected, hes' one of the most effective QBs in the game.       Goose: RB Knowshon Moreno. * OT Eben Britton, Arizona: Philip Rivers is now "The Man" in San Diego. When protected, hes' one of the most effective QBs in the game. Though ILB Rey Maualuga is tempting, he may be viewed as just a two down player. Some off the field issues may also serve to tip the scales against his selection. But, most likely, the lack of a second round draft choice makes it imperative that the Chargers shore up their OL with this pick.     Both Kiper and OurLads: ILB Rey Maualuga. 17.) NY JETS: QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State: Jets are delighted that Freeman fell to them at #17. He will be groomed to take over at QB in 2010, if not sooner. Jets hope that hes' this years' Joe Flacco.        Goose: WR Percy Harvin. * WR Darrius Heywood-Bey, Maryland: Jets need plenty of help at the skill positions. They could also go with RB Knowshown Moreno, QB Josh Freeman, or a pass-rusher, such as a Larry English or Connor Barwin.      Kiper: Heywood-Bey, OurLads: QB Mark Sanchez. 18.) DENVER BRONCOS: DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee: The Broncos have a tough choice between Ayers and ILB Rey Maulaluga. But, in the end, they like the pass-rushing potential of Ayers.      Goose: Ayers. * Cleveland Browns from Denver Broncos in proposed Brady Quinn trade: DE Tyson Jackson, LSU: Stange that even if Denver were to keep this pick, that Jackson would also be their choice. Jackson has the makings of an excellent 3-4 DE.      Kiper: Everette Brown, OurLads: BJ Raji. 19.) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: DT Jerry Peria, Mississippi: No change here. The Bucs need a DT.      Goose: LB Brian Cushing.        Kiper: QB Josh Freeman, OurLads: DE Paul Kruger. 20.) DETROIT LIONS: ILB Rey Maualuga, USC: The Lions try to change their pussy-cat image by adding a beast in the middle.      Goose: Dt Jerry Peria.   * QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State: Lions are thrilled that Freeman fell to them at #20. This alleviates criticism for passing on alleged franchise QB, Matthew Stafford.       Kiper: OT Michael Oher, OurLads: ILB James Laurinaitis. 21.) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State: The Eagles step out of character by taking a potential character. But, Pettigrew is the meanest, nastiest blocking TE in the draft. A tough choice between RB Knowshon Moreno, WR Darius Heywood-Bey, Brian Cushing, and pass rushers like Larry English and Connor Barwin.        Goose: OT Michael Oher. * OT Michael Oher: The Eagles always look to the OL and DL first. Though they need a RB and a WR, they can't pass up Oher.       Kiper: RB Knowshon Moreno, OurLads: RB Chris Wells. 22.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS: WR Darius Heywood-Bey, Maryland:  You would think that after the Troy Williamson disaster that the Vikes would say nay to a similar type of player. But, history repeats itself with this selection.      Goose: Heywood-Bey.       *OT William Beatty, Connecticutt: The Vikings need an OT...and theres' a fairly large drop off after Beatty.       Kiper: WR Kenny Britt, OurLads: OT Eben Britton. 23.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: CB Darius Butler, Connecticut: The Patriots view Butler as the top CB in the draft. It would have been nteresting to see if BB would have chosen Butler over Rey Maualuga, had he still been available.        Goose: ILB Rey Maualuga. * ILB Rey Maualuga, USC: Tough choice for BB and company...with Connor Barwin, Larry English, RB Donald Brown, and any DB of their choice available. But, Tedy Bruschi is 36, and may choose to retire at any time.      Kiper: RB Donald Brown, OurLads: CB Alphonso Smith. 24.) ATLANTA FALCONS: CB Vontae Davis, Illinois: The Falcons really wanted Butler. But, with him gone, they roll dice on the talented but inigmatic Davis.       Goose: Davis. * CB Darius Butler:   Though TE Brandon Pettigrew would help their offense in many ways, the secondary needs to be addressed...as the playoff loss to Arizona clearly demonstrated.      Both Kiper and OurLads: TE Brandon Pettigrew (Theres' rumor that the Falcons have offered their second round pick, 55th overall, straight up for Chiefs' TE Tony Gonzalez). 25.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: DE/OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati: Bill Parcells is seemingly forever searching for the next Lawrence Taylor...and hopes Barwin is the guy.      Goose: LB Clay Matthews. * DB Malcolm Jenkins: The secondary remains the 'Fins greatest weakness.      Kiper: Jenkins, OurLads: OG Max Unger. 26.) BALTIMORE RAVENS: LB Brian Cushing, USC: No change here. Cushing will replace the departed LB Bart Scott:      Goose: TE Brandon Pettigrew.      Kiper: CB Vontae Davis, OurLads: WR Darrius Hetwood-Bey. 27.) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: DT "Ziggy" Hood, Missouri:  No change here, either. The Colts must play better run defense next season...which requires help at DT.      Goose: Hood.      Kiper: DT Jerry Peria, OurLads: Hood. 28.) BUFFALO BILLS (from Philadelphia Eagles): OT Eben Britton, Arizona:  The choice comes down to Beatty and Britton, to replace the departed Jason Peters.       Goose: Britton      Kiper: OT Eben Britton, OurLads: OLB/DE Connor Barwin. 29.) NY GIANTS: RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia:  The G-men can't believe their good fortune in getting Moreno this late. If no trade is made for Edwards, Kenny Britt would be their choice.      Goose: Britt. * NY Giants: Kenny Britt is the WR remaining who best fills their need to replace Plaxico Burress. RB Knowshon Moreno is another possibility.      Kiper: WR Hakeem Nicks, OurLads: Britt 30.) TENNESSEE TITANS: WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers: Huge target, and swift route runner that the Titans need.       Goose: ILB James Laurinaitis   *Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina: The Tuxedos will be tempted by Percy Harvin. But, his off field antics and his low Wonderlic score will give them flashbacks of PacMan Jones.       Kiper: Harvin, OurLads: Nicks. 31.) ARIZONA CARDINALS: RB Chris "Beannie" Wells, Ohio State: Rumors of a foot injury don't stop the Cards from adding Wells.      Goose: RB Donald Brown, Connecticut. *Knowshon Moreno: The Cards would be thrilled if Moreno slips down to them.      Kiper: LB/DE Larry English, OurLads: Moreno. 32.) PITTSBURGH STEELERS: C Eric Wood, Louisville:  The greatest weakness for the champs is their OL. With quality back-up QB Byron Leftwich now a Buccaneer, it becomes even more imperative to protect Ben Roethlisberger.      Goose: Wood. *Pittsburgh Steelers: C Alex Mack.      Kiper: C Eric Wood, OurLads: Mack.                                             ROUND TWO:  33.) DETROIT LIONS: OT William Beatty, Connecticut: Their new zillion dollar QB will need protection.  *ILB James Laurinaitis: The Lions ned some size inside. Laurinaitis will provide that.       Kiper: Laurinaitis, OurLads: CB Darius Butler. 34.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State: Pats reload on the DL, and get insurance, should Richard Seymour leave in 2010. Or, could trade down. *DE/OLB Connor Barwin: Don't be surprised if the Pats pull a shocker by trading down, or taking San Diego State DE, Jarron Gilbert. Remember, the oft injured Richard Seymour is in his contract year, and likely won't be resigned in 2010. But, Barwin has looked so good in workouts that the Pats would have to take him here. In fact, they may have to take him at #23 to get him. Still, because Barwin is very raw, and with the failure of workout warrior Vernon Gholston fresh in everybody's mind, he could slide to the Pats, at #34.       Kiper: Barwin, OurLads: RB Donald Brown. 35.) ST. LOUIS RAMS: WR Percy Harvin, Florida: No change here. Harvin is too good to fall much lower than this. The Rams need a replacement for WR Torrey Holt.      Kiper: CB Darius Butler, OurLads: Harvin. 36.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: OLB/DE Larry English, Northern Illinois: No change here. Eric Mangini goes to the well once more, looking for a premiere pass-rusher. For his sake, lets' hope that English is a much better player than Vernon Gholston.       Kiper: LB Clay Matthews, OurLads: WR Brian Robiske. 37.) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: C/G Max Unger, Oregon:  No change here, either. Matt Hasselbeck's bad back must be protected.       Kiper: SS William Moore, OurLads: CB Jarius Byrd. 38.) CINCINNATI BENGALS: C Alex Mack, California:  With Wood and Unger gone, the Bengals take the next best OL.   *Eric Wood: Commandment One in the holy season in Cincinnati is thou shalt protect Carson Palmer.      Kiper: C Alex Mack, OurLads: Wood. 39.) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina: Even with the signing of Torry Holt, Jags need WRs. *Brian Robiske, Ohio State:   The Jags are in a world of trouble at WR.      Kiper: Robiske, OurLads: CB Vontae Davis. 40.) OAKLAND RAIDERS: OT Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma:  No change here. Additional protection is given to JaMarcus Russell to find Jeremy Maclin deep.      Kiper: Loadholt, OurLads: OG Duke Robinson; 41.) GREEN BAY PACKERS: DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech: A boom or bust project at DE.   *DE Jarron Gilbert: Gilbert has the size and ability to develop into an outstanding 3-4 DE.      Kiper and OurLads: OT William Beatty. 42.) BUFFALO BILLS: TE Shawn Nelson, So. Mississippi:  The Bills have been searching for a good TE for years.   *Brandon Pettigrew: An absolute steal at this point.      Kiper: TE Jared Cook, OurLads: TE Chase Coffman. 43.) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: CB Sean Smith, Utah: Huge CB to combat the Larry Fitzgeralds of the world. *Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest: Doesn't have the raw talent of Vontae Davis, but has more maturity. If the 5'9" Smith were two inches taller, he'd likely be a top 10 pick. No way that the 49ers would take the brother of bust TE Vernon Davis.       Kiper: Smith, OurLads: DE Michael Johnson. 44.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt: To replace the departed Andre Goodman. *OLB/DE Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond: Heir apparent to Joey Porter.      Kiper: DE Jarron Gilbert, OurLads: OLB Marcus Freeman. 45.) CLEVELAND BROWNS (from NY Giants via Braylon Edwards trade): RB Donald Brown, Connecticut: An absolute steal here. *NY GIANTS: LB Clint Sintim, Virginia:  Another big LB with pass-rush potential. TEs Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson are also possibilties.      Kiper: TE Shawn Nelson, OurLads: Sintim. 46.) HOUSTON TEXANS: CB Sherrod Martin, Troy:  Tall (6'1") speedy CB to combat the Indianapolis Colts. *Vontae Davis:   Some dice rolling by Gary Kubiak and company.      Kiper: DT Ziggy Hood, OurLads: RB Shonn Greene. 47.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: SS William Moore, Missouri:  Moore will be groomed as heir apparent to Rodney Harrison.   *TE Shawn Nelson: The beginning of the end of the disappointing Ben Watson ansd David Thomas.            Kiper: CB Sean Smith, OurLads: OG/OT Jamon Meredith. 48.) DENVER BRONCOS: ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State: Will take charge in the middle. *Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech: Boom or bust type player is worth a gamble by the defenseless Broncos.      Kiper: NT Ron Brace, OurLads: FS Louis Delmas. 49.) CHICAGO BEARS: FS Louis Delmas, Western Michigan: No change. Lord knows that the Bears need WRs. But Delmas is too good to pass up.      Kiper: WR Mohammed Massaquoi, OurLads: WR Kenny McKinley. 50.) CLEVELAND BROWNS: LB Clint Sintin, Virginia:  Mangini fits him into his 3-4. * RB Andre Brown, North Carolina State:  Veteran Jamal Lewis is in his 30s, and his production noticably declined last season.       Kiper: RB LeSean McCoy, OurLads: Andre Brown. 51.) DALLAS COWBOYS: SS Patrick Chung, Oregon: To replace SS Roy Williams. *William Moore, Missouri:  No change again. Will replace the departed Roy Williams.      Kiper: FS Louis Delmas, OurLads: DE Robery Ayers. 52.) NY JETS: RB LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh: Still no change. The reason why McCoy is around at this point is that he has an acute case of fumble-itis. Jets fans hope that he can be cured, just as Tiki Barber was cured, late in his career.       Kiper: RB Andre Brown, OurLads: WR Mike Thomas, Arizona. 53.) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: WR Mohammed Massaquoi, Georgia: Again, no change. Donovan McNabb gets a new weapon.      Kiper: DE Michael Johnson, OurLads: TE Jared Cook. 54.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS: CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest:  Young CB to replentish aging secondary.    *Sean Smith: Huge CB to help defend against the Calvin Johnsons of the world.      Kiper: C Max Unger, OurLads: CB D.J. Moore. 55.) ATLANTA FALCONS: TE Jared Cook, South Carolina: No change. If they fail in the efforts to land TE Tony Gonzalez, for whom they have allegedly offered this pick...Cook will be the guy.      Kiper: CB Sherrod Martin, Troy. OurLads: DE/OLB Larry English. 56.) MIAMI DOLPHINS: DE Paul Kruger, Utah: No change. Kruger would have gone much higher, but for the fact that hes' playing with only one kidney.       Kiper: LB Clint Sintim, OurLads: DT Fili Moala, USC. 57.) BALTIMORE RAVENS: WR Joaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma: No change. Dependable possession-type receiver with the knack of getting open.      Kiper: Iglesias, OurLads: DE/OLB Aaron Maybin. 58.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: QB/WR Pat White, West Virginia:  Again, no change. Its' a toss-up here between White, OG/OT Jamon Meredith, and Penn State OT Gerald Cadogan. OurLads is high on both players...but Kiper has Cadogan rated much lower...and has him projected as a RT only. But, I have a feeling that BB sees White as the next Troy Brown. NT Ron Brace would be an interesting selection here...but his selection would surely anger Vince Wilfolk.        Kiper: White, OurLads: ILB Jasper Brinkley.      59.) CAROLINA PANTHERS: DT Roy Miller, Texas: No change yet again. The Patriots and anybody else interested in DE Julius Peppers really have the Panthers over a barrell...compensation wise. Peppers doesn't want to play in Carolina. Yet, with a swish of a pen, he is eligible to earn over $16mil. dollars. The Panthers must find a way to unload him. Could a straight up, Richard Seymour for Peppers deal, or a Jarvis Green and the 34th overall pick be in the cards? It all depends on Peppers willingness to take less money. Horrible situation for the Panthers...who will select the best defensive lineman available.      Kiper: Miller, OurLads: DE Alex Magee.  60.) NY GIANTS: TE Chase Coffman, Missouri:  No change. Coffman will make a huge target in double-TE sets with incumbent TE Kevin Boss.      Kiper: LB Kaluka Maiava, OurLads: TE Shawn Nelson. 61.) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: WR Derrick Williams, Penn State:  No change. Bill Polian hopes he has found the second coming of Brandon Stokely in Williams.       Kiper: Williams, OurLads: WR Mike Wallace. 62.) TENNESSEE TITANS: CB Jarius Byrd, Oregon: To eventually replace 35 year old Nick Harper. *D.J. Moore:   Additional help in the secondary, to eventually replace 35 year old starter Nick Harper.      Kiper: D.J. Moore, OurLads: NT Ron Brace. 63.) ARIZONA CARDINALS: NT Ron Brace, Boston College:  No change. Cards fortify their run defense with Brace.      Kiper: RB Shonn Greene, OurLads: CB Mike Mickens. 64.) PITTSBURGH STEELERS: OG/OT Jamon Meredith, South Carolina: Again, no change. Another   brick in place to rebuild their OL.       Kiper: CB Jairus Byrd, OurLads: Craig Urbik, OG.                                                           
    Posted by TexasPat3
    Tex, sorry I haven't replied previously. Three of my favorite college players Butler,Gilbert and White are on your list. I also like OT Eugene Moore, LB Clint Sintim and  RB Cedric Peerman as a possible replacement for  Faulk. What say you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, sorry I haven't replied previously. Three of my favorite college players Butler,Gilbert and White are on your list. I also like OT Eugene Moore, LB Clint Sintim and  RB Cedric Peerman as a possible replacement for  Faulk. What say you?
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

I don't see any of these guys making an instant impact...with the exception of the top RBs, WR Jeremy Maclin, the top OTs, ILB Rey Maualuga, and DT BJ Raji. Though there are lots of good players in this draft, they're good NFL prospects, who may become good players in a year or two. This is especially true with the WR class.

For this reason, I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots trade away some picks for an established veteran(s), who can help the team win now. For example, if the Pats can entice the Bengals to trade Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson to them for, say, their 47th overall pick...that would be a great, great move. Can you imagine how explosive their offense would be with Moss, Chad, and Welker?? It would give them unquestionably the best passing attack in the league.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

NFL.com is reported that Matthew Stafford will be the #1 overall pick tomorrow by the Detroit Lions: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/24/source-nothing-will-stop-lions-from-taking-stafford/.

Too bad...so sad, Lions' fans. Heath Shuler lives!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Tex not bad. I just am certain Maybin falls out of top 20. You have him at #9. way overated. Mauluaga goes to Baltimore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Its' official...the Lions have signed Stafford for around $78mil., with $41.7mil. guaranteed.

STUPID!! Sorry Lions' fans...but your team is doomed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For anyone interested, my final mock is up...see my initial post, which has been modified. Except for some minor tinkering tomorrow morning, this is my final mock edition. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'll try to get one up tonight and then my real final, tomorrow. I feel pretty good right now that Stafford will go 1 and Sanchez will go 2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

1. Detroit Lions – QB Matthew Stafford

2. St Louis Rams – QB Matt Sanchez

3. Kansas City Chiefs – LB Aaron Curry

4. Seattle Seahawks – RB Beanie Wells

5. Cleveland Browns – WR Michael Crabtree

6. Cincinnati Bengals – OT Andre Smith

7. Oakland Raiders – WR Jeremy Maclin

8. Jacksonville Jaguars – OT Jason Smith

9. Green Bay Packers – OT Eugene Monroe

10. San Francisco 49ers – OLB Brian Orakpo

11. Buffalo Bills – OT Michael Oher