Updated thoughts about this off season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Updated thoughts about this off season

Interesting last couple of days have clarified what I think the Patriots should do...
    First they will sign Wilfork long term the tag was used to give them some more time, that was pretty obvious...

Second Moss is huge trade bait for the right team, and there are a few that would be interested and they should let him go for a second round pick...

Third because of Moss situation you use a second round pick to get Boldin...

Fourth you resign Bodden...

Fith you resign Mankins...

6th you then use remaining picks to draft OLB/DE, RB, TE, ORG or ORT, WR and P.

Then go make a few vet minimum signings and see what happens over the next year with the CBA. I think you leave Brady's deal till you resolve the rest then at your leisure you work out a deal with him. I don't see him playing for anyone else for at least 5 years so both sides know what it will take to get it done I am sure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Updated thoughts about this off season

BTW... don't say the Patriots don't have the money to do this because even if they were under the old cap this is all doable and more. And no I don't want Peppers that much, if we get him fine but The more I think about it I would rather go OLB/DE in the first round and spend that money on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im all for trading moss.  i like him a lot, but he is a 33 year old one dimensional wideout. theres not much you can do with him in terms of different routes. boldin would be great. then if the drafted LSU's Brandon LaFell our weak WR corps would have been seriously updated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Although I am a fan of Moss and what he brings, this seems like a good idea to me, primarily because it brings back the old theme of unpredictability back to the offense.

With Moss on the field, teams know what he's going to do the whole game - in that respect, he's a one-trick pony. With Boldin, possibly another WR from the draft, Welker, and perhaps even Brandon Tate, offenses would have a much harder time trying to predict what the offense is going to do. Remember the days where we won Super Bowls with (for the most part) scrubs at wideout? It was because the Pats' passing game didn't revolve around one or two recievers; there were multiple players on the field at the same time that, while not superstars, were reliable targets and were capable of sustaining a serious passing attack. When Troy Brown was covered, Givens, Branch, or someone else would take his place as the go-to guy.

Think this is an age-old idea? It isn't. The Colts nearly won the Super Bowl this year with this same formula - if Wayne and Clark went quiet, Garcon and Collie ran amok.

I know it would be hard to part with Moss, but I feel as though, sooner or later, it would be the right thing to do (albeit, for the right price). Perhaps we could squeeze one last year of production out of Moss, then tag and trade him at the end of next season?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm not sure if Wes Welker runs a more creative route than Moss. Welker is the underneath, Moss goes up top. They Pats need a guy that can run the middle to get them 10-25 yards. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I guarantee you moss wont be traded... Theres no way i'd rather have boldin over moss... I love boldin, but he cant stay healthy... And hes gonna want a big pay day... WIlfork has a higher chance of getting traded than moss does!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Boldin thing doesn't work.  You don't pay first WR money for a 3rd WR slot.  He's not a #1 like he thinks he is and he is hurt often.  I'd stay away from him. 

Sections
Shortcuts