Ups and Downs: preseason game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Ups and Downs: preseason game 1

Up:

Stevan Ridley -power, speed, vision, catching, and balance. Awesome debut.

Brian Hoyer -progress looks impressive

Ryan Mallet -Best QB of the draft? I think so

Taylor Price -I think we have another steal. play maker with good hands.

Jermaine Cunningham -great game. great pursuit.

Offensive line -solid.

run defense -dont even bother trying it jags.

Downs:

Darius Butler -man this hurts to say, but I just don't like seeing him get beat by 4th and 5th WR.

thats about it. its 47-12. how much went wrong lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Ups and Downs: preseason game 1

I'd agree, except for Cunningham. Every time I watched him rush, he just went wide and was way out of position to do anything or he tried to bull rush with minimal results. This is exactly the trouble he had in college; thought I'd see some counter moves, rips inside or something...nothing.

Not that you can really tell from TV, but the safety position looked like they struggled in coverage in the middle. Reports are they're not happy with that spot.

Don't know if Anderson makes the team (it's tough to keep a guy who does only one thing), but man does this guy give you something rushing on the outside...very surprised. I'd like to see what he'd do with Wilfork and Haynesworth collapsing the middle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

I thought the D line also played good

Price is a beast and I love the rookie RB's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I was NOT pleased with ANY of the linebackers.  They stopped getting depth in coverage sometimes while being slow to flow to the football and getting caught up in traffic

Nonetheless, the defense was able to step up when it mattered to force field goals.  Our safeties look thin... Sergio Brown is not a serviceable backup and Merriweather is a chauncey starter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Let's withhold judgements until the real games begin...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

thats why it says preseason game 1.

on cunningham. yes i did notice him going to wide a couple times, but i thought his pursuit of the qb was really good.

on the safety's -hard to tell on tv

Sections
Shortcuts