Ups & Downs:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ups & Downs:

Up:

Chris Jones- wow. impressive. he was getting very good penetration all day just looked like a force at times. i like his play.

Rob Ninkovich- just the man. Mike Vrabel II. one of my favs out there. guy's just a gamer.

Steve Gregory- loved seeing a savvy vet take over the green dot. he played very intense out there today. hard hitting.

Stevan Ridley- still don't know why BLount plays any snap over him... he should be getting 20+ carries a week and he'd be dropping 100 a week. he always get postive yards.

Downs:

Tom Brady- wow. i just about threw in the towel on this season in the first quarter. no intensity. guy seemed liked he didnt care. he is still way off on accuracy and im not buying the hand as an excuse right now he's had that issue before.. now second half he did turn it around get baack to some TB form and lead the offense to points

Kenbrell Thompkins- didn't seem to be on the field alot and when he was didn't look like he was getting open much...

Marquice Cole- yes, he had a pick, set up by DMC. he just isnt a cover. he's a great assest for the ST's but he does not cut it in coverage...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Ups & Downs:

oh also an UP

Joe Vellano another dominating type game the two young DTs are starting to grow on me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Thompkins is odd man out because Dobson gets his spot.  Amendola, Edelman and Dobson round out top 2 receivers.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thompkins is odd man out because Dobson gets his spot.  Amendola, Edelman and Dobson round out top 2 receivers.  

[/QUOTE]

yea thats what i was noticing... also saw alot more of Collie over KT as well it seemed. but Dobson looked very solid today and earned the spot on the field. he brings what KT cant, a tall lengthy threat on the jump or deep ball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Chris Jones is really playing well.  A very good find and a very impressive young player.  Yes, Vellano looks pretty good too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed except for Cole.  What a nice game from him. Arrington hurts the groin again and Cole steps in nicely. Awesome FG block, too.

Thompkins, nice block on that Ridley run which seemed to jump start the offense for once. Kind of hard to single out a rookie when Brady sucked.

[/QUOTE]

the main reason i put KT down as a down becuase he lost playing time. that was the real reason.
    and it was Jones who got the Block. at least thats who was credited... i prefer Logan Ryan over Cole... but sadly all these injuries force him in. i just hate his ball skils

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Agreed except for Cole.  What a nice game from him. Arrington hurts the groin again and Cole steps in nicely. Awesome FG block, too.

Thompkins, nice block on that Ridley run which seemed to jump start the offense for once. Kind of hard to single out a rookie when Brady sucked.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, he was right about Cole.  Cole allowed 2 td's, he totally lost his receiver in the endzone for the first td and then whiffed on making the tackle and stop on 3rd down which allowed the RB to run right past him for the 2nd td.  I think during the replay I actually noticed Cole's jock on the field.  Cole is terrible as a CB.  I see why the jets didn't keep him.  Rex Ryan must laugh on the sidelines every time the Pats play them and Cole is on the field.

This cracks me up  Rsuty "Thompkins, nice block on that Ridley run which seemed to jump start the offense for once."  Yes, thompkins is the reason for the "jump start" and probably is the reason they won today.  LMAO!  Let me guess you posting and drinking tonight, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude...First of all, Thompkins blocked up the right side on that big Ridley run.  Fact. 

Second, KT didn't "lose playing time", they go into these games being gameplan specific. The fact is, McDaniels and whatever Brady lobbies for is hurting our team.

Of course Ryan is better than Cole!  Ryan is really good and COle is a back end DB who is more of a STs guy!

[/QUOTE]

dude... cool. KT made one good play all day. tb made some plays too but he's down as well. Fact: if you're not on the field as much as normal thats the defintion of losing playing time. if you arent apart of the gameplan you lose play time. just truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, KT and Dobson were ignored with Gronk back last week, too. Do you not see what is going on here?

Brady and/or McDaniels are too giddy to chase the Gronk addicition.  Gronk was targeted 17 times last week! 17 times!  

Better today but Jesus. How many plays do you think we can run?    If Brady and McDaniels are giddy to use Gronk, what do you think that means for guys like KT, Dobson or even Edelman?

Amendola back, another issue that should not be an issue. It's like some kind of odd pecking order of perceived talent that McDaniels and Brady don't get how to use.

It's a problem. You can't put Brady as a "down" and then scapegoat Thompkins. 

[/QUOTE]

how am i scapegoating KT? he did nothing today. he had a down day. and when he was in he did not get proper separation.... thats a fact. he threw a good block: GOOD thats his job!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Gronk had three players on him a couple of times today, McDaniels should use that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you attend the game?

[/QUOTE]

no but go watch the replay. it will be evident

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you attend the game?

[/QUOTE]

no but go watch the replay. it will be evident

[/QUOTE]

Dude...Please.

No human can see "separation" on tv.   Fact. You can't.    It's impossible.  We aren't privvy to that element unless we are at the game.

[/QUOTE]

ok cool. KT was targeted once and barely played his one target was a curl that he did a bad job distancing himself from the DB. he had a down game in my opinon.... and many peole have said before that his weakness is he doesnt separate from the defender ebough : FACT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok cool. KT was targeted once and barely played his one target was a curl that he did a bad job distancing himself from the DB. he had a down game in my opinon.... and many peole have said before that his weakness is he doesnt separate from the defender ebough : FACT

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is a fact at all. In fact, he's gotten rave reviews in that area and won us a game vs NOs recently getting separation.

I just think it's unfair to have Brady as your logical #1 disappointment and then tie in THompkins, who has impressed more as a rookie WR than here than Branch or Givens as rookies.

Very unfair.

Throw in the idea the player has to be included and on the field with Gronk and AMendola out there, and that Brady Addiction issue, and it's very unfair as well as concerning for rational Pats fans.

Brady should not be WORSE with Gronk and Amendola out there. Very odd.

[/QUOTE]

look russ. the dude didnt do squat today. yeah Gronk & DA are back but Collie & Dobson & Edelman are playing over him so yes i put him as a down. i didnt say he went down to hell down like no he had a down week by not playing and not catching ball. thats true.

stop trying to blast brady on this one. yes TB has sucked so far very bad actually and it ticks me off but KT didnt play so he had a down week, so there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but how can Brady be the #1 down guy and his WR who wasn't on the field much in the first half be a down player?

Like I said, his nice block helped Ridley's run.   Brady gave Miami momentum on is first pass.

Boyce can't even be activated as Brady stares down Gronk and Amendola and apparently forgets about Thompkins.

[/QUOTE]

KT didnt even play that is why i put him as a down.. simple. there really wasnt much thought in this. i went oh.. KT did nothing today.. down day. just truth. he didnt get on the field down game. but i agree TB thinks Gronk is Welker in disguise

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's fine but that reminds of me Babe calling Spikes a bust when Spikes was not involved in the gameplan.

Why is it so hard to understand that BB is personnel specific and why that drives fantasy dorks beserk?

I love it. I absolutely love it. It's a big reason why many fans who are jealous of our team, are annoyed with BB and our team.

[/QUOTE]

exactly so if i did an UP/down that week i bet Spikes would be in my down. am i calling KT a bust? no. im just saying it was down and im dissappointed he doesnt get the opportunities.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Collie was brought in for a veteran presence on the WR group.  KT has to do a better job catching and securing the ball.  He catches it too often on his figertips.  He bobbles it until he secures it.  The defense will pick up on this and start to create turnovers from it.  Dobson is playing much better lately and is starting to build a connection with Brady.  Boyce started the season late becouse of injury and is catching up.  This is a work in progress and is starting to look better as time progresses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought Jones was very impressive again. Another young player who seems to be making strides in the right direction is Logan Ryan. He's made two big plays two weeks in a row now.

Sections
Shortcuts