Ups and Downs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ups and Downs

Ups:

• Tom Brady: looked like he was real powerful throwing the ball, hand didnt seem to be an issue. was VERY accurate and very decisive. even besides the crazy stat line he was very good all game.
    • Stevan Ridley: thats what happens when u give the kid 20+, thanks for taking your head outta your azz BB.
    • Gronk: seemed like he was running alot of 'welker type' routes where he was the underneath guy and Amendola was running the seam alot more than i thought. whatever the case he ran his routes very well and a varied amount. looks very good. and BEAST.
    • Chandler Jones: most consistent pass rusher each week and abused a bad Steeler Oline.
    • Alfonso Dennard: love this kids ball skills. his height seems to kill him but he always seems to make up for it by getting a finger on the ball.
    • Cannon: impressed so far by his play. he's holding up well. hope he keeps it up

Downs:

• Kyle Arrington: cant put this guy on the outside. he just never turns his head but gets outplayed it seems on the outside. hopefully Talib comes back to put #25 back in the slot where he thrives.
    • Mankins: yes, he is the Oline leader but he's been racking up the flags lately and has let guuys by him... hopefully he gets it back. im not worried just a down day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Ups and Downs

down-McCourty fielding the KO at his own 5 yard line...bad decision that could have ended up costing the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

down-McCourty fielding the KO at his own 5 yard line...bad decision that could have ended up costing the Pats.

DMC is having a great year, but that play was facepalm worthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I can forgive Arrington because he's being asked to do something that he struggles with.  No secrect.  That's why the Pats went after Talib.  But Mankins has not played well for two years now or at least it started last year at some time.  Mankins would be my poster boy for down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

I can forgive Arrington because he's being asked to do something that he struggles with.  No secrect.  That's why the Pats went after Talib.  But Mankins has not played well for two years now or at least it started last year at some time.  Mankins would be my poster boy for down.

Three years. He would have one timely great game in a season to make you want to believe. He's been mediocre most of the time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't worry they're buddies again...  Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Don't worry they're buddies again...  Smile

finally lol i was so relieved he put Rid back in after the fumble and even credited Troy with a good play. AMEN we need Rid

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yeah i see where u are coming from but his safety play has been great all year. but yes this a knock on his overall play. very bad play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I won't give you any grief as I know so many do the same thing.

However, generally speaking, I personally think it is dumb for anyone to give a player and up/down for a "game" based on a single play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Mankins played hurt last year. Didn't he have surgery during the off season.  If so, it's possible he's not playing 100%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I won't give you any grief as I know so many do the same thing.

However, generally speaking, I personally think it is dumb for anyone to give a player and up/down for a "game" based on a single play.

...especially when his overall play has been very good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Ups:

• Tom Brady: looked like he was real powerful throwing the ball, hand didnt seem to be an issue. was VERY accurate and very decisive. even besides the crazy stat line he was very good all game.
    • Stevan Ridley: thats what happens when u give the kid 20+, thanks for taking your head outta your azz BB.
    • Gronk: seemed like he was running alot of 'welker type' routes where he was the underneath guy and Amendola was running the seam alot more than i thought. whatever the case he ran his routes very well and a varied amount. looks very good. and BEAST.
    • Chandler Jones: most consistent pass rusher each week and abused a bad Steeler Oline.
    • Alfonso Dennard: love this kids ball skills. his height seems to kill him but he always seems to make up for it by getting a finger on the ball.
    • Cannon: impressed so far by his play. he's holding up well. hope he keeps it up

Downs:

• Kyle Arrington: cant put this guy on the outside. he just never turns his head but gets outplayed it seems on the outside. hopefully Talib comes back to put #25 back in the slot where he thrives.
    • Mankins: yes, he is the Oline leader but he's been racking up the flags lately and has let guuys by him... hopefully he gets it back. im not worried just a down day.

Would like to add Dobson to the list. He's making strides and speed on the outside is a beautiful thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Amendola had a strong game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i agree amendola, dobson and jones being added to the list on Ups i just wanted to pick the top guys. this was obviously i great game played by almost all offensive guys putting up 600+ yards and 55 points

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

DMC is having a great year, but that play was facepalm worthy.

I think that was done on purpose, six minutes left in the game, small lead, he catches it, runs two feet and slides like a QB.  Leaves lots of field to create a long time consuming drive.  

Didn't really work out that way because the Steelers bit on the play action for Dobson's long gainer but it would play into field position and time of possession.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Amendola had a strong game.

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

McCourty had to field the ball- it could have been recovered by the steelers- what could have been done differently

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Ups:

Downs:

I'll agree wth Gronk. He looked real tentative at first, especially in the Jets-Pats game. He wasn't attacking his routes at all. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Disagree on Mankins, saw him pull for a lead block a few times and was strong all around. Dmc was great in the secondary, which was our area of concern no? Saying he was down because he chose to field a kick? Ugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Disagree on Mankins, saw him pull for a lead block a few times and was strong all around. Dmc was great in the secondary, which was our area of concern no? Saying he was down because he chose to field a kick? Ugh.

My point was he had to field the kick off. if he didnt it could be recovered by the steelers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

My point was he had to field the kick off. if he didnt it could be recovered by the steelers

I agree, when I saw the replay I realized McCourty was in no man's land there. It would have been risky to hope it rolled in the end zone there. It was a good kick by the steelers and it cteated a s**t sandwich that McCourty had to take a bite of.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

even if it rolled into the end zone we'd have to get it and then down it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Good comment. Mankins and Connolly sprung Blount and Ridley. O'line LQQKing better in the run game lately. And DMC keeping the play in front of him is exceptional. I think DMC had to field that kick, footballs bounce in many directions, nothing mysterious about fielding it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I prefer to think that Dmac knew the bomb was going to be called to Dobson and he just wanted to pad TB12 and AD's stats! Otherwise, horrible decision.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Some pretty fair assessments thus far.  My comment on the DMC kickoff issue is this:  My first reaction was WT_F is he thinking but then once I thought it through the move was his only option.  A recovery by Pittsurgh (it was a kick-off and thus it's a free ball after traveling 10 yards) would have been a near certain score.

Sections
Shortcuts