Upset In The Making?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Upset In The Making?

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130911-keys-to-the-game-for-jets-a-golden-opportunity-for-upset.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Upset In The Making?

Why not?  The Pats are missing so many front line players for this game.  If this were being played in NJ, I could see lots of folks seriously picking the Jets to not only cover, but, possibly win the game as noted in this article.  We can't use the "short turn-around" excuse as both teams have to face the same issue, but, I can see BB preparing the team better than Ryan.  The Pats will be all about business while the Jets want to prove the fluke win against the Bucs was for real. 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It is. The genius has painted himself into a corner. Many options were available that he ignored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

All I have to say is thank god we have the Jets this week. Everything is working in the Jets favor. Bad weather (to favor their D), Brady's 3 top targets being out (Gronk, Amendola, Vereen), the D still haven't found a way to get pressure on even a rook QB, the OL playing the worst I've seen to begin a season for a long time, and Brady attempting to break in a whole bunch of new receivers all at once. If the Jets are to win a game against the Pats this would be the one. Thankfully, it's the Jets and not an actual good team

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Why not?  The Pats are missing so many front line players for this game.  If this were being played in NJ, I could see lots of folks seriously picking the Jets to not only cover, but, possibly win the game as noted in this article.  We can't use the "short turn-around" excuse as both teams have to face the same issue, but, I can see BB preparing the team better than Ryan.  The Pats will be all about business while the Jets want to prove the fluke win against the Bucs was for real. 

This is true.  Do you feel that the Patriot team in it's current state still better than the Jets in their current state?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

All I have to say is thank god we have the Jets this week. Everything is working in the Jets favor. Bad weather (to favor their D), Brady's 3 top targets being out (Gronk, Amendola, Vereen), the D still haven't found a way to get pressure on even a rook QB, the OL playing the worst I've seen to begin a season for a long time, and Brady attempting to break in a whole bunch of new receivers all at once. If the Jets are to win a game against the Pats this would be the one. Thankfully, it's the Jets and not an actual good team

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

true. On the optimistic side, all the green players get more real-time experience; which is the only way they're going to get better.  Hopefully, Brady will be patient and look for the open guy after going thru his progressions, vs. forcing a ball to edelman because he "trusts" him.

D has to step up. Maybe Collins will see more than 2 snaps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Nope dont see it. You'll see why BB is a Great coach and GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

This is true.  Do you feel that the Patriot team in it's current state still better than the Jets in their current state?

They may play "better" as a team and BB knows who he has on the roster can accomplish that.  The team may not have "name" players, but, we have seen what they could do in the pre-season.  Just need to see it in the real games.  Jets lucked out against Tampa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I won't lie. I'm pretty nervous about this game. Lots of factors pointing in the Jets favor, most notably injuries. Our O- line will need to have a great performance. Fingers crossed!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

i wouldn't call the jets winning an upset. Not game 2 of the regular season. not with all the injuries. I don't care what the line is on the game. The jets have usually always played us tough. It's only an upset if you go into the game thinking we are going to walk all over them. I don't think bb nor tb think this. Upset is media speak based on the line..fabrication to hype it up. They are both 1-0. May the best team tonight win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Dont know if they will win but the upset oppty is def. there. Geno looked like a confident guy after the game and for a rookie, Thats Huge. He is gonna come in with that same confidence until if/when we knock it out of him. The Jets will cook up something real nice and new for Brady and he will take a lil while to adjust but once the dust settles, I see us pulling away.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Patriots need to use the no huddle tonight.....tire that Jets D out early......then go to giving Ridley the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Patriots need to use the no huddle tonight.....tire that Jets D out early......then go to giving Ridley the ball.

Need good receivers to do that, though.  Do they have them tonight? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Usually hard to get out the crystal ball with an accurate "any given Sunday" prediction. But tonite's "any given Thursday " skews towards a Pats win.  I expect that there will be some serious stepping up by a number of Pat players o both sides of the ball. Home opener agaisnt the Jets... Tedy tribute nite. Gotta be a Pats W. GO PATS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hard to look at this one as the "upset in the making" that the press is spinning.  Almost no one out there is picking the Pats to cover; I'd actually be somewhat shocked if they can win this thing at home given their current personnel.

Whatever happens, it's going to be on the defensive end, imo.  Force a fumble and start with a short field.  Jets D has the potential to confuse in the first half; TB will make adjustments and keep the ball moving.  Here's hoping short yardage leads to TDs instead of FGs or goal-line fumbles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Recievers are not the only part of the game. Field Position, Turnovers, O-Line, Defense,Special Teams, come on Football Fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Considering the guys who will be running or catching the ball on the Pats side, will it really be an upset if the Jets win?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

It seems to me that even the greatest players started out as unknowns.  Some of them even got off to less than great starts.  I would agree with those who say that a loss tonight would not be an upset.  This is a very new and untested team...much like their opponent.  I think the experience that we have leading them will provide a big influence upon the final outcome, but I also recognize that it doesn't guarantee anything.  This is what makes it exciting to watch.  If you can't stomach it then I suggest you look the other way...this could get messy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Lol.  Watch NY celebrate like it's the SB if they win this thing...

Geno is better than Sanchez, imo.  Wish it was Markie QBing tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Lol.  Watch NY celebrate like it's the SB if they win this thing...

Geno is better than Sanchez, imo.  Wish it was Markie QBing tonight.

Yeah, but, is Smith better than CJ Spiller?  Spiller did fairly well against the Pats, more poise etc..  Will Smith be the same on the road in the Razor?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Never say never, but...

As thin (or new) as the receiving corps is, Tom Brady should overcome that.  It may not be his most effective outing but he's Tom Brady (it should be effective enough). 

Beyond that and the most fundamental reason for the win is that the Jets are starting a rookie QB, and Belichick's defenses have historically feasted on rookie QB's. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's amazing with so many injuries, so many offensive weapons gone, lacking or whatever the case may be, that the Patriots are still the favorites to win this by 11.5 points.  What does that tell you about the Jets, hahahahaha!!  But then again, without Brady tonight the Patriots would be 11.5 dogs.  TFB is amazing!   

While it wouldn't totally blow my mind to see the Pats lose tonight with all things considered, I feel pretty good that they win by at least 7 points.  I will say Pats by 10.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Never say never, but...

As thin (or new) as the receiving corps is, Tom Brady should overcome that.  It may not be his most effective outing but he's Tom Brady (it should be effective enough). 

Beyond that and the most fundamental reason for the win is that the Jets are starting a rookie QB, and Belichick's defenses have historically feasted on rookie QB's. 

UD... seems much of the sentiment here is this is not a "win in the bag" type game.  Unless you have your unabashed "uber" fan who thinks the Pats wipe the floor with the Jets and guarantee it!  Ya never know!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not as confident going into this game as I'd like to be.  I can think of a couple of scenarios wherein the Pats could actually lose (point spreads are really meaningless).  That said, I think the Pats D is good enough, Tom Brady is Tom Brady, and BB is BB.  As I said in another thread, I will be very interested to see what the Pats offensive game plan turns out to be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It won't help if the Jets can get to Brady and disrupt the offense.

Sections
Shortcuts