Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE.

post rd 1 bleacher report mocks jenkins to pats if meyer gives a thumbs up to bb otherwise boykin.

fingers crossed.

hope we get the big wr in the 2nd also
    jeffery, quick, childs, etc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it t...

The Bleacher report is just open blogging. You could have written it. Given the epic failure of all the first round mocks I wouldn't put much stock in any mock. Still, anything is possible. Lots of people moved up to get people the Pats presumably have little interest in meaning the odds that people they are interested in are still around when they pick is good. I like how this draft is going so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it t...

If you killed someone I don't think Meyer would have tossed you off the team. He might be saying one thing publicly to help the kid out and get his stock back up and something completely differently privately to BB. If Jenkins makes it to #48 and BB doesn't take him then you know something is up and Meyer isn't telling the whole story

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I will say a few things about his arrests:

1) They were for pot. Not the smartest thing, but very minor.

2) He was arrested, both times, by the SAME cop. That seems very odd to me. Cop with an axe to grind? All the Cops around that state and University and the only two times he gets arrested, it's the same cop. Very strange.

Given the picks they've already made, I'd LOVE to see Jenkins selected.

I think the bogus reports just before the draft about him failing more drug tests really hurt him. Not many coaches can/will take a chance on a kid like this, it's too risky to their job security. BB doesn't have that concern.

I'd worry about Pete Carrol taking him early in the second. He already showed his willingness to ignore red flags.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE.:
    [QUOTE]I will say a few things about his arrests: 1) They were for pot. Not the smartest thing, but very minor. 2) He was arrested, both times, by the SAME cop. That seems very odd to me. Cop with an axe to grind? All the Cops around that state and University and the only two times he gets arrested, it's the same cop. Very strange. Given the picks they've already made, I'd LOVE to see Jenkins selected. I think the bogus reports just before the draft about him failing more drug tests really hurt him. Not many coaches can/will take a chance on a kid like this, it's too risky to their job security. BB doesn't have that concern. I'd worry about Pete Carrol taking him early in the second. He already showed his willingness to ignore red flags.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You forgot about his arrest for assault and resisting arrest

here's a clip from an article and some key things that I think are BB red flags (it relates to kids and pot, my comments are in bold):

That point was hammered home by an NFL team executive.

"Jenkins isn't the first guy or the last guy to have a bunch of kids and women in his life," the executive said. "We [the teams] all deal with it. But players don't understand the stress they put themselves under when they do this. The money is the obvious thing, but that's not it alone. You have the women calling you or calling each other. The women are screaming at each other, which means they're screaming at you, too. Or they're scheming against you to get more money. Screaming and scheming, screaming and scheming.

"You have lawyers and paternity tests and more lawyers and paperwork and God forbid you're not up to date on the [child-support] payments and the team has to advance you some money. Now you have the team involved, worried about you making payments so that you stay out of jail."

This has prevented Cro from reaching his potential and a number of players with this issue have admitted it has affected their play from game to game

Jenkins listens to the point and disagrees.

"The women I've been with, they're not going to be like that," he said.

When you are about to make millions you can't be thinking like this. It shows he doesn't have a strong grasp of reality and niave which would make him more prone to it affecting him when they do and will turn on him

This is how Jenkins answers a lot of questions: quickly and without a lot of details. Part of the reason is that he's tired of the same questions over and over again.

BB likes things explained with details, if Jenkins doesn't feel like explaining answers with some detail then it shows a dismissal of his actions and lack of accountability

"The marijuana was just a college thing. I was being a college student and I wasn't the only athlete who was smoking," said Jenkins, who was arrested by the same policeman in the marijuana incidents. "As soon as I got the second arrest, I quit. I knew this could affect my future."

Excuse making, this is a huge red flag to BB. How many times have we heard BB in his office or in the locker room saying he didn't want excuse making. Saying, well everyone does it is just an excuse for his bad behavior. Something that might work the first time he was caught but not the second. He also lied in his final statement because after his second arrest he failed a drug test which it was that failed drug test confirming his pot smoking past his 2nd arrest that got him tossed out of Florida

Say what you will but these are major red flags with BB. BB has always taken chances on kids but only when they own up to their mistakes and take responsibility for them. Jenkins seems to be dismissing his mistakes as everyone was doing it or just completely dismissing problems that haven't yet but will occur

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Guys, No denying JJ is a superior talent, but that is not enough. We need high character guys, good chemistry, team first, leaders, etc. Hightower and jones fit this profile in addition to being solid players. Under no circumstances would I grab JJ. There plenty of cb talent in rounds 2 and 3 to choose from.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The women I've been with, they're not going to be like that," he said. 

When you are about to make millions you can't be thinking like this. It shows he doesn't have a strong grasp of reality and niave which would make him more prone to it affecting him when they do and will turn on him

Thank you for your succint analysis. It appears Jenkins "does not get it". He has no sense of the impact of his actions, how they will effect him and others. How can you select a player like this when there are 52 other guys on the team that are counting on you to be responsible? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE.:
    [QUOTE]I will say a few things about his arrests: 1) They were for pot. Not the smartest thing, but very minor. 2) He was arrested, both times, by the SAME cop. That seems very odd to me. Cop with an axe to grind? All the Cops around that state and University and the only two times he gets arrested, it's the same cop. Very strange. Given the picks they've already made, I'd LOVE to see Jenkins selected. I think the bogus reports just before the draft about him failing more drug tests really hurt him. Not many coaches can/will take a chance on a kid like this, it's too risky to their job security. BB doesn't have that concern. I'd worry about Pete Carrol taking him early in the second. He already showed his willingness to ignore red flags.

I just have to address your issue with it being the same cop.  Cops usually have a sector or area to patrol.  If this guys or anyone is questionable/an issue etc they are going to and should check into it.  I have arrested many people twice in life.  Some more than that. 

Having said that, I would still take JJ in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I missed the resisting arrest and assault charge. But found only this:

"On June 1, 2009, Jenkins was arrested near a bar by Gainesville Police for fighting and resisting arrest after punching a man in the head around 2 AM. Police were forced to use a taser on Jenkins after fighting escalated. When asked why the fight started, Jenkins told police it was because he thought someone was going to steal the gold chain around his neck"

Weird. Nothing good happens at 2am, I'm sure he was rarely told that in Gainesville, it's about to be beat into him through rookie symposiums, camps, and teammates. Maybe he was the bad guy, maybe not.

I am aware of the women and kids thing, and it is a concern. It's certainly not ideal, but lest we forget, Brady has 2 kids with 2 women (that we know of! haha) and it hasn't seemed to effect him.

Cro is nothing more than a sperm donor and bank account to more than half of those, and 4 is a FAR cry from...what's he at? 12? We shall see with this kid.

If he didn't have these issues, he's a top 10, or top 15 pick. Given the structure the Pats have, being in the northeast, the picks they've already made, and such a smart person/football player at the same position in McCourty...I think the risk is worth the gamble for the potential reward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I missed the resisting arrest and assault charge. But found only this: "On June 1, 2009, Jenkins was arrested near a bar by Gainesville Police for fighting and resisting arrest after punching a man in the head around 2 AM. Police were forced to use a taser on Jenkins after fighting escalated. When asked why the fight started, Jenkins told police it was because he thought someone was going to steal the gold chain around his neck" Weird. Nothing good happens at 2am, I'm sure he was rarely told that in Gainesville, it's about to be beat into him through rookie symposiums, camps, and teammates. Maybe he was the bad guy, maybe not. I am aware of the women and kids thing, and it is a concern. It's certainly not ideal, but lest we forget, Brady has 2 kids with 2 women (that we know of! haha) and it hasn't seemed to effect him. Cro is nothing more than a sperm donor and bank account to more than half of those, and 4 is a FAR cry from...what's he at? 12? We shall see with this kid. If he didn't have these issues, he's a top 10, or top 15 pick. Given the structure the Pats have, being in the northeast, the picks they've already made, and such a smart person/football player at the same position in McCourty...I think the risk is worth the gamble for the potential reward.

Brady had 2 kids with 2 women after he was a star and made tons of money to support both with 1 being his wife. He has a good relationship with both and manages his time to see his kids. Little different then 4 with 3 women, none of which are your wife and reportedly maybe a 5th kid with a 4th women. Huge difference there between Brady and Jenkins.

Cro also didn't have as many kids as Jenkins coming out either so Jenkins is already a head of the game in that case

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

So PatsEng I know ealier this week went back and forth about character concerns with Jenkins but if he falls to #48 would you take him??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

Or that the cop has a specific shift and JJ committed the crimes during that shift.  JJ reminds me of Cromartie but maybe with a little more attitude towards authority.  He'll be a complete hit or miss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]So PatsEng I know ealier this week went back and forth about character concerns with Jenkins but if he falls to #48 would you take him??
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

If he falls to #63 I would have to bite my lip and really think about it but at #48 I still think you can find an every down starter without the red flags. I also think you could trade that pick back for a 3rd and 4th and get two players they brought in to look at and fill needs (Ron Brooks CB/FS) and Rainey (KR/WR/RB)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE. : If he falls to #63 I would have to bite my lip and really think about it but at #48 I still think you can find an every down starter without the red flags. I also think you could trade that pick back for a 3rd and 4th and get two players they brought in to look at and fill needs (Ron Brooks CB/FS) and Rainey (KR/WR/RB)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree any more. I think someone other than Jenkins will fall. Someone that may be depth for the Pats like Upshaw or Reyes and like the Giants showed us you can never have to many guys in your front 7. Can mix them up in different packages and keep them all fresh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

Jenkins would be a good pick. Its the people he surrounds himself with. Put Spikes on him,former teammates he'l clean him up,one way or the other. Great speed,good lock down corner. Pro's outweigh the Con's   Take a chance on him Bill                GO GATORS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Jenkins is possibly the second best CB in the draft, but I like Josh Robinson due to he is top 5 CB and on top of that the best return man in the draft so he helps out in two spots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE. : Or that the cop has a specific shift and JJ committed the crimes during that shift.  JJ reminds me of Cromartie but maybe with a little more attitude towards authority.  He'll be a complete hit or miss.
    Posted by jh13[/QUOTE]

Same shift? Possible I suppose...but you're talking about a school with 50,000 kids, +faculty and staff, +surrounding locals. It's not like this is a ten person police force and every cop knows every kid.

It's possible it was just coincidence, but there is enough for me to question how he managed to get bagged (hehe) for possession twice, by the same cop, at a college renouned for partying. Just seems suspicious. He was guilty, to be sure, but that doesn't mean law enforcement was doing everything right either.

I don't see a bust to the likes of Pacman...and to be honest, would a career similar to Cro's really be a bad thing? He's not a top 5 corner, but he's been very good to decent, sometimes venturing into slightly below average.

We don't know what kind of father he is to these children. He claims to be very much a part of their life, but I don't know. I won't simply assume he isn't. I also won't simply assume he is. Neccessity is the mother of all invention. Neccessity (for money) may lead to this kid's invention (total on field dedication).

The talent is intoxicating. I may just be a little drunk off of that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE. : Same shift? Possible I suppose...but you're talking about a school with 50,000 kids, +faculty and staff, +surrounding locals. It's not like this is a ten person police force and every cop knows every kid. It's possible it was just coincidence, but there is enough for me to question how he managed to get bagged (hehe) for possession twice, by the same cop, at a college renouned for partying. Just seems suspicious. He was guilty, to be sure, but that doesn't mean law enforcement was doing everything right either. I don't see a bust to the likes of Pacman...and to be honest, would a career similar to Cro's really be a bad thing? He's not a top 5 corner, but he's been very good to decent, sometimes venturing into slightly below average. We don't know what kind of father he is to these children. He claims to be very much a part of their life, but I don't know. I won't simply assume he isn't. I also won't simply assume he is. Neccessity is the mother of all invention. Neccessity (for money) may lead to this kid's invention (total on field dedication). The talent is intoxicating. I may just be a little drunk off of that!

It's block assignment most likely. At my school we had a 50 person police force along with city cops (they had a station right next to the school) but I saw the same 6 cops. They were assigned to my block and I saw them constantly. So, if they had the same assignment setup it's more then likely that he would have seen the same cop in the same location on a regular basis

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I missed the resisting arrest and assault charge. But found only this: "On June 1, 2009, Jenkins was arrested near a bar by Gainesville Police for fighting and resisting arrest after punching a man in the head around 2 AM. Police were forced to use a taser on Jenkins after fighting escalated. When asked why the fight started, Jenkins told police it was because he thought someone was going to steal the gold chain around his neck" Weird. Nothing good happens at 2am, I'm sure he was rarely told that in Gainesville, it's about to be beat into him through rookie symposiums, camps, and teammates. Maybe he was the bad guy, maybe not. I am aware of the women and kids thing, and it is a concern. It's certainly not ideal, but lest we forget, Brady has 2 kids with 2 women (that we know of! haha) and it hasn't seemed to effect him. Cro is nothing more than a sperm donor and bank account to more than half of those, and 4 is a FAR cry from...what's he at? 12? We shall see with this kid. If he didn't have these issues, he's a top 10, or top 15 pick. Given the structure the Pats have, being in the northeast, the picks they've already made, and such a smart person/football player at the same position in McCourty...I think the risk is worth the gamble for the potential reward.

excuse me but resisting arrest is something police can and oftern add without merit iin arrests.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Urban Meyer "Jenkins Would Still Be A Gator If I were there" AND Bleacher Report 2nd rd mock has JJ making it to NE. : excuse me but resisting arrest is something police can and oftern add without merit iin arrests.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

he took off running and needed to be tazed by witness accounts so in this case it was merited