urban meyer to new england?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

urban meyer to new england?

I know he is stepping down now due to health issues,but whats to say after several months of rest,and tests,he joins his good freind bill belichick as a coordinator.he would still be coaching.just not takeing on all the responsibilities,and the stress.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: urban meyer to new england?

Interesting theory. Although I'd still rather see Charlie come back. Of course, he's going to be making millions sitting on his a s s, so where's the motivation? Maybe if they had a solid OC Bill could spend more time teaching these new faces on defense. If they're going to win another SB before Brady retires the defense will have to vastly improve, especially late in games. Meyer will certainly be someone to watch, though. A lot of teams would probably love to bring him on board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It sounds crazy but I think this is entirely possible.  It depends on if Meyer is interested in coaching or if he wants something less intense.  Since he could have kept one of the best head coaching jobs in football he may just want to take something easier.  I'm thinking maybe something in the front office evaluating college talent for the draft.  Meyer might be interested if they agree to groom him for a GM position in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

So he walks away from the highest (or one of the highest) paying college jobs to get paid peanuts by Kraft.  Come On

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

A typical idiotic opinion floating around the airwaves that Meyer's condition is not "life-threatening". He's been having chest pains since when? He's been to the hospital how many times? I wonder if this is just another case of someone with a really bad cardiac situation who also happens to have lots of money and access to the "best" medical care ( that which takes competent care of celebrities, professional athletes, politicians, foreign nationals, criminals etc ) so, therefore, it's not life-threatening. I don't see him coaching anywhere soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Why is it that every time someone quits or gets fired people think they're coming to New England?
    Get a grip, friends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Even though I don't think he quit the one of the top 3 head coaching jobs in college to take a few months off and come back to football if there's a team that he would consider would be NE because of his friendship and respect of BB.
    I don't think this will happen though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Urban Meyer to intensive care, that's about it. He's not done in Florida, he is going to assume an office position of some sort. Most coaches won't quit until they actually have a heart attack so it's safe to say his wife had some say in this decision. I think he's done as a coach and good for him for getting his priorities straight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I doubt this will happen. Health is a big issue. It's not like Meyer is stepping down because the AD told him to or because he failed to win a national championship this year. I could see Meyer with a desk job, but yelling at players, motivating players and calling plays in an intense environment is probably a bad idea. It just seems unlikely at this point in time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

One of the boneheads on The Sports Reporters this morning (I want to say it was Bill Rhoden, as he is my favorite racist idiot on that show since they jettisoned the fat guy from Kansas City, but it may have been Israel Gucci-whateverhisnameis) questioned whether health would be a concern for Meyer had the Gators beaten Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.

You can't make this stuff up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nice post PMike. Thanks for the Pats game link, however, I am trying to synch my new Ipod. I am just happy the Pats are rolling. As for Urban Meyer; the latest I have heard is that he is not retiring, but is taking a "leave of absence". The Sports Reporters statement is par for the course. If they could've circulated a Belichick SB loss to Giants/impending retirement I am sure they would have. Meyer has an incredible record ; if the reason is personal/health than I am 100% certain that is true. No one walks away from two great situations : Great Program and close proximaty to Erin Andrews on College Game Day = I would do anything to keep my primo job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

I brought up that scenario before, prior to Meyer resigning at Florida because of raeson of health, that bb might just stay as GM in a few years , and brings in Meyer as HC. So now it may not happen any time soon until Meyer gets his health back. When he does, he might be perfect to join the Pats as a special consultant, a job that may not have as much wear and tear.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

Just after I posted, the breaking news is that Meyer will only take an indefinite leave of absence as HC of Florida, but not resigning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Why are we talking about this? Shanahan, Meyer, there is and was no chance of either, so why. Totally unrelated, but I think Cowher is coming here to coach up the D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

yep, my heart cant stand the stress of the cushy, relaxed world of college football where the rules are tilted to allow a florida or urban to consistently be in the top 5 each year, to come to the limitlessly stressed world of belichick, patriots and the nfl. this is dumb dude. no chance in hellll he will ever be coachg in any capacity in the pros. consultant maybe... but y bother with a guy with no pro experience.... he will end up bak in florida or at some other SEC school in a couple of years willing to write that check baby!

Sections
Shortcuts