Urlacher! A no brainer for the Patriots....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Urlacher! A no brainer for the Patriots....

In my humble opinion forget all the rush DE's and WR's and even the DB's the Patriots could chase to become members of the 2013 Patriots go get Urlacher. Just like when BB went and got Rodney he also went and signed Seau,well history is repeating itself they already have the SS now go get the other piece...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Urlacher! A no brainer for the Patriots....

Seau was signed AFTER the super bowl wins and was brought it on replace Roman Phifer and Ted Johnson, MLB wasn't an area of weakness when they signed Harrison the SS.

Currently, with the team playing mostly 3-4 and both Mayo and Spikes able to be man the middle, ther eis no opening for a starter there. Just depth. And the depth needs speed, not a bulky older guy like Urlacher who has lost a step.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rosie Colvin was that guy brought in with Harrison, a 10 sack guy on the outside... and THAT is exactly what we still need. Dumervil, Abraham, Freeney... someone there to add pressure b/c Nink definitely is not, despite being a gritty guy that can make plays.

Michael Bennett going to Seattle for only 5m a year is a tragedy... that guy was worth the Adlaius Thomas contract we gave out once... 5/35... and we could have had him for like 4/22.... GOOD LORD that killed me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Cullen Jenkins as well should have been a Pat... Jenkins and Bennett for the line... Talib, Arrington and Wilson for the secondary and a backup LB with some speed is what I wanted for the D. Maybe also another outside CB, like Gamble, for close to the vet min.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Cullen Jenkins as well should have been a Pat... Jenkins and Bennett for the line... Talib, Arrington and Wilson for the secondary and a backup LB with some speed is what I wanted for the D. Maybe also another outside CB, like Gamble, for close to the vet min.

Urlacher was not in good enough shape too play last year as his quads were not ready for the type of work he usually puts in, that not withstanding he is still a better ILB in a 3-4 than most of the LB's on the Patriots simply because he plays the ball. They can't sign Gamble because he's alledgedly retiring. I'm just stating my own opinion. I would love to have seen either Bennett or Jenkins but evidently BB wasn't as impressed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems to me like we already have too many MLBs for a team that now plays 4-3. Spikes, Mayo, and Hightower are all more MLB types than OLBs, no? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Seems to me like we already have too many MLBs for a team that now plays 4-3. Spikes, Mayo, and Hightower are all more MLB types than OLBs, no? 

Yup. If NWE adds a LB, it should be a speedster of an LB, to cover TEs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Don't need another linebacker.  A pass-rushing DL or OLB is more of a pressing need right now.  

I do love Urlacher, though.  It's going to be very weird seeing him in another uni.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Do we have a compelling need for MLBs?  Did ours play poorly?  If he was a pass rushing stud DE I might be able to get on board, but for the money it would cost us versus the need, let him sign with someone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think you might as well stick a fork in Urlacher, I believe he is done.  It has been painful to watch him play the last two seasons.  He can not cover anyone any longer, his speed is gone, he is just an old worn out player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Urlacher is done. And he wants to be paid too much for sucking. Called the bears,offer disrespectful. Maybe it's disrespectful to take all the money he has gotten to sit on the sideline. Wake up Brian it's 2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We're stacked at LB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, yeah, dude is too slow nowadays

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Urlacher was not in good enough shape too play last year as his quads were not ready for the type of work he usually puts in, that not withstanding he is still a better ILB in a 3-4 than most of the LB's on the Patriots simply because he plays the ball. They can't sign Gamble because he's alledgedly retiring. I'm just stating my own opinion. I would love to have seen either Bennett or Jenkins but evidently BB wasn't as impressed.

I meant Gamble if he doesn't retire. did he make an announcement for sure?

BB needs to not think he can go through the seasons with backups and old men at De and DT.

I meant that we play more 4-3 now, not 3-4, and Urlacher isn't worth it to be in that defense. If we played more 3-4 and he wanted the Seau role from '06 and '07 then sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He's still smoldering from the Brady juke move.  Please don't sign a guy that Brady can make a fran Tarkingtonesque looking move on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

He's still smoldering from the Brady juke move.  Please don't sign a guy that Brady can make a fran Tarkingtonesque looking move on. 

Hahahaha!! Perfect!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

lol, exactly what I was thinking.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i hope we resign carpenter to be our coverage LB.  at least bring him into camp to pushthe other LB's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Are you his trainer?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Are you his trainer?

No but fortunately I'm able too listen to what he said via the internet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Old, slow and wants to be overpayed. Pass? Yes please...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If he still wants to play he will need to accept the vet minimum. Bwahahahah!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I think he is done and besides it seems he wants plenty of money something which the Pats aren't renowned for paying. If he calls Chicago's offer insulting what would he think of the usual bargain basement type offer the Pats would come up with?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't know if Urlacher is done or still has something left.  Seems to me, though, that the Pats' needs are not at MLB.  DE/OLB seems a better use of avail cap space.

Sections
Shortcuts