U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
    In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : why don't you join the occupy movement and try and make a real change rather than regurgitating fox news talking points from your computer chair?  the reason why congress/the senate/obama love these types of things is because they know we are so dumbed down that we will put all of our attention on something as trivial as nfl bounties, rather than taking notice to govt corruption, economic inequality, failing domestic and foreign policies (war on drugs, illegal war with iraq/afghanistan..ect.) iraq isn't anywhere near close to having nuclear weapons, their nuclear facilities were funded by the US and were made to for things like fighting cancer through chemotherapy. you're eating up propaganda that will allow the US to start yet another illegal war, gas prices are high now, do you understand that they will rise even more if there is a war with iran? how about the fact that congress is about to allow student loan interest rates to double from 3.4% to 6.8% come july? you don't hear about that on fox news do you? obama is doing his job as the ceo of the US and pleasing this countries share holders, it's the same job title as any previous and future president... do you really think that voting in another rich elitist president backed by corporate donations is going to change anything?
    Posted by ricky12684

Whatever you say, Ricky...LOL!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'm thinkin' now priority A#1 should be additional funding for the Texas Public School system which I now recognize, So utterly failed to the point where someone expressing the well-reasoned notion that:  You're better off having NO healthcare, Over any basic to obtain form of nationalised granted to every citizen at a free or even just affordable rate...Because "they" might decide to kill you while you're being treated for a broken wrist, whereas otherwise- You'd be juuuust fine. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate :      If the Judiciary Committee wants to involve itself in something, why not look into the housing crisis, caused largely by the corruption within Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac...which has helped to ruin the economy, and has cost homeowners millions due to their homes being de-valued. Oh...thats' right. Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Christopher Dodd were knee deep into that mess.      Why not look into the appointment of Czars to run certain agencies? Why not look into the legality of O'Bamacare...whereby buerocrats can decide who gets treated and who doesn't. Forget about paying to injure...these guys will have the right to decide who lives or dies, if or when O'Bamacare is fully implemented.       Where's the "Commissioner of the Senate and the House" to dole out punishment when those folks violate their ethics, or break the law? Maybe we need to send Roger Goodell there to hand out some indefinite suspensions? Such actions might just save the country.   
    Posted by TexasPat3
    This is insanity. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree with your initial post and also this one Pat--why don't these Bozos do the job they are being paid for--NFL is a Business that can take care of itself-me being ex marine why don't these idiots called Politicians do more for our boys coming home mentally fried!!!!!!n Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
    In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate :      If the Judiciary Committee wants to involve itself in something, why not look into the housing crisis, caused largely by the corruption within Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac...which has helped to ruin the economy, and has cost homeowners millions due to their homes being de-valued. Oh...thats' right. Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Christopher Dodd were knee deep into that mess.      Why not look into the appointment of Czars to run certain agencies? Why not look into the legality of O'Bamacare...whereby buerocrats can decide who gets treated and who doesn't. Forget about paying to injure...these guys will have the right to decide who lives or dies, if or when O'Bamacare is fully implemented.       Where's the "Commissioner of the Senate and the House" to dole out punishment when those folks violate their ethics, or break the law? Maybe we need to send Roger Goodell there to hand out some indefinite suspensions? Such actions might just save the country.   
    Posted by TexasPat3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

I agree with your initial post and also this one Pat--why don't these Bozos do the job they are being paid for--NFL is a Business that can take care of itself-me being ex marine why don't these idiots called Politicians do more for our boys coming home mentally fried!!!!!!n Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate :
    Posted by jimmytantric

First, the current administration has done a lot more for troops than the last one, but there is still much more that needs to be done.  But secondly, I can't take anyone seriously who thinks that the healthcare bill involves telling someone whether to live or die.  Better yet, it's hard to take anyone seriously that thinks its worth being outraged over.  I mostly just skim these boards, but a lot of people are losing my respect by the post.  This isn't even a partisan issue.  This is a rationality issue.  My conservative/libertarian friends from other countries think that this entire argument is nuts and they have no dog in US politics.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Vertigho, wouldn't it be easier to just keep yourself out of the political threads that happen to pop up from time to time, rather than trying to get the thread deleted altogether? just sayin

Just a hint to everyone here -- keep politics out of sports. Texas, that goes for you too. Isn't it somewhat hypocritical to complain about politics pushing their way into sports, on a sports forum? Did you not just do the same thing? I hope this thread gets shut down. Reading some of these comments has unfortunately changed my opinion of certain posters here, and I hope that doesn't further occur. I'd recommend that the mods delete this thread.
    Posted by vertigho

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

While I agree that offering money to injure a player is sick and does border on criminal behavior, I don't think we need Senate hearings. This Country has enough problems and a debt that is out of control so to spend tax payers dollars on this is just ridiculous and so unnecessary. The Commish handled it, so let it go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
         Gas prices are sky high...the federal debt is out of control...government spending continues to rise at a scandelous pace...Iran is on the verge of developing nuclear weapons...terroristic threats are increasing...the economy is in the toilet...unemployment is through the roof...and yet Dick Durbin (D), U.S. Senator from Illinois, wants to involve the Senate Judiciary Committee in Bounty-gate: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bountygate-new-orleans-saints-senator-calls-hearing-032212      Unbelievable.  probabley so they can get billable hours from the American taxpayers....again!
    Posted by TexasPat3

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Saints fans are ticked off...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I'm thinkin' now priority A#1 should be additional funding for the Texas Public School system which I now recognize, So utterly failed to the point where someone expressing the well-reasoned notion that:  You're better off having NO healthcare, Over any basic to obtain form of nationalised granted to every citizen at a free or even just affordable rate...Because "they" might decide to kill you while you're being treated for a broken wrist, whereas otherwise- You'd be juuuust fine. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Uh, you have a minor mistake here. Someone (those of us who pay taxes) is paying for this healthcare, so it is not 'free'. It is only free to people who pay no taxes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : First, the current administration has done a lot more for troops than the last one, but there is still much more that needs to be done.  But secondly, I can't take anyone seriously who thinks that the healthcare bill involves telling someone whether to live or die.  Better yet, it's hard to take anyone seriously that thinks its worth being outraged over.  I mostly just skim these boards, but a lot of people are losing my respect by the post.  This isn't even a partisan issue.  This is a rationality issue.  My conservative/libertarian friends from other countries think that this entire argument is nuts and they have no dog in US politics.  
    Posted by NonChalant1

Why don't you read what's in the health care bill (unlike our esteemed representatives who voted for it without reading it)...and maybe then you could "take me seriously".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : Uh, you have a minor mistake here. Someone (those of us who pay taxes) is paying for this healthcare, so it is not 'free'. It is only free to people who pay no taxes.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

Amen, brother. But, of course, none of those tax increases to pay for this monstrousity of a bill come into effect until after the 2012 elections.

I wonder why?? LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Let them be ticked off. In this case, Goodell was right.

But, he and the NFL owners are being hypocritical. They say that they are all for player safety. Yet, they are insisting on the imposition of an 18 game schedule, which would certainly lead to more injuries, and shortened careers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

"Offering money to injure persons is a crime"
    Then what would you call paying contracts to guys like Rodney Harrison, Vince Wilfork, Laron Landry, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater....etc.  Defensive studs play to hurt the other players...PERIOD...they dont cheap shot (usually)...but lets not kid ourselves into thinking that in the huddle, they arent saying they are going to "knock that punk ___ out of the game".  Football is a game of gladiators, where people get hurt, and good defenders do everything they can to intimidate others, including a brutal hit over the middle to set the tone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

Why do many people believe that the NFL should be exempt from the federal OSHA worker safety provisions?  Do you believe that your company should be allowed to have programs in place to break the knee caps of your competitors?  If so, you must be a Tonya Harding fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Jonbam:
    Would you prefer your NFL experience to be two hand touch? Or maybe flag football is your speed?  OSHA is designed for safe working environments....certain working conditions are more dangerous than others. So police should stop policing in bad neighborhoods for fear someone might get shot?
    Welders should use hot glue guns from Michaels because welding is by definition a dangerous occupation?  Should our sky scrapers be limited to 3 stories, for fear that the welder or carpenter might fall off and get a boo boo? Your rationale doesnt make sense here.
    When will people get it....there wasnt a bounty to cheap shot...there was a bounty to knock players out...you can do that without diving at their kneecaps, or have you never played a contact sport before?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

On a lighter note once when I was going to the bathroom Dick Durbin tryed to put butter on me.
    Posted by sod11

Every year somebody has to be the first guy to get me in the mood to start collecting Postie nominations.

Congratulations, sod11.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Isn't it extremelly apparent to all that, if they want something, nay ANYTHING FUBAR'd or SNAFU'd, have the "government" involved?

Here we go again.... snake oil salesmen trying to convince us that this is THE most important issue that needs immediate work rsolving.

Just have them pull an Obama.... blame any of the following: BUsh, the Chinese, ATM's, VP Joe, or a broken teleprompter!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : What does that have to do with Congress getting involved?
    Posted by Muzwell

It's Dirty Dick's way of grandstanding on an obviously key issue that dramatically affects US policy, and our national ability to cram down more rules and regs on an industry, because he's now "outraged". I'll bet he doesn't even know which end of the football needs to be pointed forwrad when thrown!

God, Himself, created all animals. A US Congressional committee came up with the camel and aardvark, as improvements.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I think they feel the need to get involved when there is a "Pay to Injure" program being promoted on a national level.  Simply because it is on a national levels, they try to push their way into the mess.
    Posted by ddimaria

Personally, I think he's using this as the newest diversion that will keep the majority in the Senate (Dems, BTW), from coming up with a budget. You know, one that hasn't been drawn up or passed in over 1000 days. 

BountyGate is an obviously much more impprtant issue of national importance. 
    Just ask Dirty Dick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : What do you expect  from an AZZ who said Catholics should not be  allowed to serve at the appeal court level because of their stance on birth control
    Posted by TSWFAN

If you are going to decide cases based on your religious beliefs you shouldn't be allowed to be a judge. If you can keep the two separate then it shouldn't be a problem.

The issue is that so far the religious fanatics have kept their true intention secret until they are appointed or elected

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Does the Gov't get involved driver intentially wreck each other in Nascar? 

just saying...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Iran's nuclear program started with the support, encouragement and participation of the United States, France, Germany and the UK because it made economic sense, and it still does. At a time when Iran's nuclear program is portrayed as an imminent threat, its interesting to see that the program actually started long ago, with the support and participation of the same countries that today insist Iran abandon its nuclear program.
    http://www.iranaffairs.com/iran_affairs/2006/05/blasts_from_the.html

The United States, European allies and even Israel generally agree on three things about Iran's nuclear program: Tehran does not have a bomb, has not decided to build one, and is probably years away from having a deliverable nuclear warhead.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/23/us-iran-usa-nuclear-idUSBRE82M0G020120323

The fact that the US is about to get into ANOTHER ILLEGAL invasion, this time on Iran through a false pretext; and the fact that the US Govt. is gaining civilian support through the use of propaganda proves that indeed, terrorism is on the rise.

sheep will be sheep.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : What does that have to do with Congress getting involved?
    Posted by Muzwell
    hmmm, u sound like the steroid morons.. wasnt it congress that got the chain rolling? where would palmieiro and clemens be and sosa had they not been exposed? congress cam chew gum and walk at the same freakin time!

Sections
Shortcuts