U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate

Gas prices are sky high...the federal debt is out of control...government spending continues to rise at a scandelous pace...Iran is on the verge of developing nuclear weapons...terroristic threats are increasing...the economy is in the toilet...unemployment is through the roof...and yet Dick Durbin (D), U.S. Senator from Illinois, wants to involve the Senate Judiciary Committee in Bounty-gate: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bountygate-new-orleans-saints-senator-calls-hearing-032212

Unbelievable. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate

Durbin is shameless. Makes Arlen Specter look responsible. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well, this is precisely why the commish had to take such a hard stand on it.
    It reeks of further lawsuits.
    It's his way of saying we handled it now go away.  It's our business!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Offering money to injure persons is a crime. A certain risk of injury in a contact sport is expected, but to intentionally injure to the point of disability is not what the game is about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
    [QUOTE]Offering money to injure persons is a crime. A certain risk of injury in a contact sport is expected, but to intentionally injure to the point of disability is not what the game is about.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with Congress getting involved?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

I think they feel the need to get involved when there is a "Pay to Injure" program being promoted on a national level.  Simply because it is on a national levels, they try to push their way into the mess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
    [QUOTE]     Gas prices are sky high...the federal debt is out of control...government spending continues to rise at a scandelous pace...Iran is on the verge of developing nuclear weapons...terroristic threats are increasing...the economy is in the toilet...unemployment is through the roof...and yet Dick Durbin (D), U.S. Senator from Illinois, wants to involve the Senate Judiciary Committee in Bounty-gate: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bountygate-new-orleans-saints-senator-calls-hearing-032212      Unbelievable. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Just curious Pat...which one of those issues is handled by the Judiciary Commitee?

I won't bother with the silliness of the fact that you expect the government to affect gas prices or deal Iran who is no threat to us.

I don't know where you get the terrorist increase either

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : What does that have to do with Congress getting involved?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it had anything to do with congress getting involved. But...

The NFL's special exempt anti-trust status and the nature of violence in the sport that would otherwise be prohibited may factor into the reasoning that they would involve themselves.

There are some tricky issues here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : Just curious Pat...which one of those issues is handled by the Judiciary Commitee? I won't bother with the silliness of the fact that you expect the government to affect gas prices or deal Iran who is no threat to us. I don't know where you get the terrorist increase either
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

well, the economy is in the pits because of all the innovative investment instruments (aka ponzi schemes backed by taxpayer money) that collapsed. there must be issues there that the judiciary committee could look into.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : I didn't say it had anything to do with congress getting involved. But... The NFL's special exempt anti-trust status and the nature of violence in the sport that would otherwise be prohibited may factor into the reasoning that they would involve themselves. There are some tricky issues here.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Nobody seems to mention the possibility of tax evasion. Bounty money paid to players not claimed is illegal isn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Our tax money at waste.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Please watch this video:

Then let me know what is wrong with our country. This clown is worried about what happens in the NFL, WHEN theres other issues in hand. This country is going down the drain faster then the Titanic, cause of things like this. I am glad I am working hard to give my money away to others countries. Yeah my kids dont need. I dont need it. Thanks Obama. Another 4 years?? Think not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think they feel the need to get involved when there is a "Pay to Injure" program being promoted on a national level.  Simply because it is on a national levels, they try to push their way into the mess.
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]

Unless you're including the mob, it's not on a national level. It's being done within a violent sport...contained within the parameters of a private business, the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : Just curious Pat...which one of those issues is handled by the Judiciary Commitee? I won't bother with the silliness of the fact that you expect the government to affect gas prices or deal Iran who is no threat to us. I don't know where you get the terrorist increase either
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

If the Judiciary Committee wants to involve itself in something, why not look into the housing crisis, caused largely by the corruption within Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac...which has helped to ruin the economy, and has cost homeowners millions due to their homes being de-valued. Oh...thats' right. Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Christopher Dodd were knee deep into that mess.

Why not look into the appointment of Czars to run certain agencies? Why not look into the legality of O'Bamacare...whereby buerocrats can decide who gets treated and who doesn't. Forget about paying to injure...these guys will have the right to decide who lives or dies, if or when O'Bamacare is fully implemented. 

Where's the "Commissioner of the Senate and the House" to dole out punishment when those folks violate their ethics, or break the law? Maybe we need to send Roger Goodell there to hand out some indefinite suspensions? Such actions might just save the country.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Whatever you say, Glen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate :      If the Judiciary Committee wants to involve itself in something, why not look into the housing crisis, caused largely by the corruption within Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac...which has helped to ruin the economy, and has cost homeowners millions due to their homes being de-valued. Oh...thats' right. Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Christopher Dodd were knee deep into that mess.      Why not look into the appointment of Czars to run certain agencies? Why not look into the legality of O'Bamacare...whereby buerocrats can decide who gets treated and who doesn't. Forget about paying to injure...these guys will have the right to decide who lives or dies, if or when O'Bamacare is fully implemented.       Where's the "Commissioner of the Senate and the House" to dole out punishment when those folks violate their ethics, or break the law? Maybe we need to send Roger Goodell there to hand out some indefinite suspensions? Such actions might just save the country.   

What you are saying about Obamacare is truly scary.  Private insurance companies do not ration healthcare, of course, and the 50 million uninsured people in this country currently get all the healthcare they want for free (and the cost is not passed along to those paying for private health insurance).  Replacing this system of unfettered access to all the healthcare anyone could possibly want with a system like Obamacare is going to ruin this country. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Just a hint to everyone here -- keep politics out of sports.

Texas, that goes for you too. Isn't it somewhat hypocritical to complain about politics pushing their way into sports, on a sports forum? Did you not just do the same thing?

I hope this thread gets shut down. Reading some of these comments has unfortunately changed my opinion of certain posters here, and I hope that doesn't further occur.

I'd recommend that the mods delete this thread.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : Nobody seems to mention the possibility of tax evasion. Bounty money paid to players not claimed is illegal isn't it?
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

It is. And it is a cap violation as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate:
    [QUOTE]     Gas prices are sky high...the federal debt is out of control...government spending continues to rise at a scandelous pace...Iran is on the verge of developing nuclear weapons...terroristic threats are increasing...the economy is in the toilet...unemployment is through the roof...and yet Dick Durbin (D), U.S. Senator from Illinois, wants to involve the Senate Judiciary Committee in Bounty-gate: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bountygate-new-orleans-saints-senator-calls-hearing-032212      Unbelievable. 

What do you expect  from an AZZ who said Catholics should not be  allowed to serve at the appeal court level because of their stance on birth control

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate :      If the Judiciary Committee wants to involve itself in something, why not look into the housing crisis, caused largely by the corruption within Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac...which has helped to ruin the economy, and has cost homeowners millions due to their homes being de-valued. Oh...thats' right. Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Christopher Dodd were knee deep into that mess.      Why not look into the appointment of Czars to run certain agencies? Why not look into the legality of O'Bamacare...whereby buerocrats can decide who gets treated and who doesn't. Forget about paying to injure...these guys will have the right to decide who lives or dies, if or when O'Bamacare is fully implemented.       Where's the "Commissioner of the Senate and the House" to dole out punishment when those folks violate their ethics, or break the law? Maybe we need to send Roger Goodell there to hand out some indefinite suspensions? Such actions might just save the country.   

THAT'S THE STYLE TEXAS!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Just a hint to everyone here -- keep politics out of sports. Texas, that goes for you too. Isn't it somewhat hypocritical to complain about politics pushing their way into sports, on a sports forum? Did you not just do the same thing? I hope this thread gets shut down. Reading some of these comments has unfortunately changed my opinion of certain posters here, and I hope that doesn't further occur. I'd recommend that the mods delete this thread.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: U.S. Senate Wants In On Bounty-gate : Are you serious?
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Yes. 

25. This post has been removed.