USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES. DOWN BY 1 WITH 30 SECONDS left in overtime AND DOWN A PLAYER DUE TO 2 OF THE MOST bogus calls i have ever seen in my life. heck the Us had 3 of the worse calls on one sequence i have ever seen, plus a fourth with the clear offsides call that was missed on the second Brazilian goal. the 3 were the foul, the red card and the disallowed save. still they grinded and got even better as they dug deeper and deeper to equalize things. that header by wambach will live forever! textbook!  they were playing the most talented and athletically gifted team in the tournament as well. then they hit 5 straight perfect penalty kicks as my my girl hope solo made a perfect save to win and advance to the semis. almost reminded me of the sox in 2004 in yankee stadium or the pats in 2001 versus oakland. lebron james should have been taking notes. 

they should beat sweden in the hottest finals in recent memory! US has lost at everything lately: obama, economy, golf, tennis and so forth. we need these gals to restore some good old US pride and dignity. even the german home crowd started chanting USA USA as the game went on after booing and being indifferent for most of it. this was the best of the US, good to see the dark clouds havent totally engulfed us. 

its all about the GRIND (no, not that kind). pats used to be great at THIS COME THE PLAYOFFS. IN THE PAST FEW YEARS, WE GET HIT IN THE MOUTH AND WE RETREAT AS brady starts looking for his fake eyelashes and others join him in quickly surrendering. that win and intensity yesterday doesnt happen if thats the regular season. that team is the most fit in the sport and mentally condition themselves for such adversity way before any playoff or sudden death situation arisies. whatever we are doing, we have to enhance or change for the results are lacking at smash-mouth grind thime. these girls got BETTER and more relaxed the worse the grind and adversity got. we routinely get WORSE in similar contexts as of late!

i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo with or without her. then again who wouldnt wanna go solo with hope? brady can learn a lot about how to carry oneself as an attractive athlete while still being properly macho.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: USA USA USA: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

Can one of these girls rush the passer?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: USA USA USA: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

Commie, could you please change your creepy girlie profile pic? Thanks in advance. 

I would agree that any championship team could learn something from the U.S. women's team, and they showed a fire today we haven't seen as vividly in the recent Pats playoff losses. 

Having said that, you neglected to mention that the only reason the US women were in this dogfight (that they almost lost) with Brazil today was because they were upset by Sweden (and did not play well in that game). Essentially, they were able to regroup in a double elimination tournament from a game where they played flat and were physically dominated (sound familiar?). 

I'm betting the Pats would appreciate a double elimination type of tournament structure (or rounds) as well and would bounce back also after a loss. 

That said, great win from the U.S. women today - keeping in mind they haven't won anything yet. They are now the favorites but two more games to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: USA USA USA: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]Commie, could you please change your creepy girlie profile pic? Thanks in advance.  I would agree that any championship team could learn something from the U.S. women's team, and they showed a fire today we haven't seen as vividly in the recent Pats playoff losses.  Having said that, you neglected to mention that the only reason the US women were in this dogfight (that they almost lost) with Brazil today was because they were upset by Sweden (and did not play well in that game). Essentially, they were able to regroup in a double elimination tournament from a game where they played flat and were physically dominated (sound familiar?).  I'm betting the Pats would appreciate a double elimination type of tournament structure (or rounds) as well and would bounce back also after a loss.  That said, great win from the U.S. women today - keeping in mind they haven't won anything yet. They are now the favorites but two more games to go.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]great take per usual.. nice to have a mulligan. but ws focusing on playing with adversity, man down, biased refs, hostile crowd, upstart more talented team and so forth. they just kept playing. you just dont see that much nowadays. the mavs did it as well, then again the heat werent exactlythe fighters brazil were. like the celts to the 80s lakers OR INDY TO THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS, need both to have a proper showcase. 

as for the creepy avatar of my "sister", its subjective. i cant be held accountable for your involuntary boners. you may want to contact tenacious, he seems to be good at manhanding those situations. likewise, i find ur avatar equally as creepy and weird. whats with the 1950s hairstyle Progressive Insurance girl with the odd face angle and stuff crossing her out for death or whatever... sorry dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

How is that your sister?

I didn't think you were white, per your Ray Lewis thread.  I don't care either way, it just seems like something is not adding up here.

Your Ray Lewis thread:
    i know there's a cultural and ancestral component  but this is getting ridiculous. how can these guys who yap about how influential they are to young people and special mentors and role models be expected to be taken what shows off am seriously? what shows off a man's character more than how he handles his own reproductive dynamics and his commitments to his marriage and his most intimate self? there was a whole program done on ricky williams about what a great holistic guy he is. but how can he be such a great guy if his kids are now suing him for not giving them any support or spending any time with them? of course, there is cromatie... jesus this jesus that... yet the guy cant even name his kids or all the baby mamas he has!

as someone who happens to be both black and MALE, it really irritates me that these failings are simply glossed over as if they dont matter. all the public spending on blacks is for naught until these deep-seated and more important private-cultural ones are dealt with. government can't deal with or effectively solve them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the biggest thing you can learn from that game is to play... the same for the entire game to the last whistle....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Did someone say Indy?  Two Indy girls on that team.  Go USA. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I agree Russ.  I couldn't believe that the refs gave Gaffney that one footed TD at the back of the end zone.  Thank goodness the right team won. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Time to more on what is done is done,Nothing we can do about it.I belive it was just a bad pass interfence call but not intentional its a fast moving game with alot going on hard to see everything.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Yes anybody playing any sport can learn that it is not over until it IS over. Did you notice that when we went one girl down the team actually played better as far as time of possesion and shots on goal. I think it was a case of the US getting fired up about the horrible horrible calls and Brazil thinking the US would lay down and they were going to win. I went stinking nuts with that last cross header went in. I knew then the US was going to win in PK's.

GO USA!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

The most talented and gifted team would have been Germany - not Brasil. The USA would have had a tough time playing us in the final (if there wouln't have been these whimsical Japanese !!). Anyway, now that the best and prettiest team (Germany) and the most arrogant (Brasil) are out of the tournament, I'm rooting for the second best - the USA.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i would disagree with the most talented team was germany... germany was very good and very technical and plays very well together but the more talented individual players play for brasil...

the tackle in the box was shoulder to shoulder and marta jumped into the air like a bomb exploded ...basically diving to get the call...(lots of diving from the brazilian woman in that game) and she whined the entire game...

ref inserted herself into the game... its a huge problem with sports today...at all levels from the world cup right down to youth league.... refs seem to think the game is about them...and dont know how or care to be impartial, neutral arbitrators of the play when actual fouls happen

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

Incredibly dramatic. Easily one of the most fantastic finishes I've ever seen.

You never like to see officials insert themselves into the match so conclusively, but once that happens you have to overcome it, and these women deserve high praise for their tenacity (and their conditioning). I was fascinated to see the way the crowd really turned against Brazil, in general, and Marta in particular, after the mulligan on the PK. I suppose that techinically, there was encroachment into the box behind Christiane (I'm not sure that's how she spells her name) on the penalty kick, but people who know a lot more about soccer than I do tell me it's never called unless it's blatant . . .  but there you go. That's the human element.

I'm a little more inclined to give the lineswomen (?) a break on the offside on Marta's goal. True enough, offsides had been called very closely for the defenses -- which are typically given the benefit of the doubt nowadays -- all day, but you can't reasonably expect an official to be as accurate as the computer graphic they use to show whether the officials are right or wrong.

It's like the old NFL saw about how there's holding on every play. It's all about when and how it's called. Who knows . . .  maybe the referee is thinking if they disallow Marta's goal there, it looks too much like a make-up call. In any case, it was a wonderful illustration of what it means to play to the whistle . . .  which is especially important in soccer, because you don't really know how much time is actually left.

Oh . . .  and Rusty, I think that referee is from Australia, for whatever that's worth. I'm guessing it was more a case of inexperience and not responding very well to the big stage than of a clear bias for Brazil. Once you blow the whistle on the tackle in the box, I think that red card is automatic . . .  and she wasn't the one who called the encroachment on the penalty kick. But she did look in over her head most of the day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

i would agree... the ref seemed in good position on the tackle...but the way marta jumped definately influenced her ..... she was mad at marta for the rest of the game so I think she knew she knew she got hosed on that one....  the ref that called the infraction on the pk... reffed the usa game against sweden and seemed to call a one sided game against USa...  BUT YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT...

you have to overcome all of that outside stuff and you can only control the things in the game YOU can control...and thats what they did...   sometimes its too much to overcome.... this one was pretty awesome though....  now if only the men could get their sh*t together...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: USA USA USA: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]How is that your sister? I didn't think you were white, per your Ray Lewis thread.  I don't care either way, it just seems like something is not adding up here. Your Ray Lewis thread: i know there's a cultural and ancestral component  but this is getting ridiculous. how can these guys who yap about how influential they are to young people and special mentors and role models be expected to be taken what shows off am seriously? what shows off a man's character more than how he handles his own reproductive dynamics and his commitments to his marriage and his most intimate self? there was a whole program done on ricky williams about what a great holistic guy he is. but how can he be such a great guy if his kids are now suing him for not giving them any support or spending any time with them? of course, there is cromatie... jesus this jesus that... yet the guy cant even name his kids or all the baby mamas he has! as someone who happens to be both black and MALE, it really irritates me that these failings are simply glossed over as if they dont matter. all the public spending on blacks is for naught until these deep-seated and more important private-cultural ones are dealt with. government can't deal with or effectively solve them.
    Posted by ZachRudy[/QUOTE]if u noticed sister is in QUOTATIONS.. SHE IS A SISTER IN THE SAME WAY you could be my "brother".. not to be taken literally. if madonna's adopted son had lourdes on his avatar, she couldnt be his sister. life sometimes is complexed my friend. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]Incredibly dramatic. Easily one of the most fantastic finishes I've ever 
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    according to the infallible folks at espn, its the FIFTH greatest fantastic finish in american sports history.. none of mj's buzzer beaters made it. #6 was buckner, #4 was joe carter's blast that ended the WS in the 90s for the jays. the only football play in there was the steeler franco harris miracle catch. dont think montana was in there at all nor havlicek stole the ball (no nba finishes). tells u how "experts" feel about it in the NOW.. #1 WAS THE 1980 HOCKEY TEAM vs russia. laetner miracle shot was in there somewhere as well. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : according to the infallible folks at espn, its the FIFTH greatest fantastic finish in american sports history.. none of mj's buzzer beaters made it. #6 was buckner, #4 was joe carter's blast that ended the WS in the 90s for the jays. the only football play in there was the steeler franco harris miracle catch. dont think monta was in there at all. tells u how "experts" feel about it in the NOW.. #1 WAS THE 1980 HOCKEY TEAM vs rusia. laetner miracle shot was in there somewhere as well. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE] No Monta Ellis? One of Jordan's buzzerbeaters? Did he actually have any? I seem to recall other guys always hitting the big shot,maybe he had one. They usually call that Carolina shot a buzzerbeater,and I guess it was,it beat the hell out of the buzzer by like 14 seconds. Jordan was an overrated ballhog who never won shat till Bird and Magic were old and in Birds case retired.BTW you suck.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : No Monta Ellis? One of Jordan's buzzerbeaters? Did he actually have any? I seem to recall other guys always hitting the big shot,maybe he had one. They usually call that Carolina shot a buzzerbeater,and I guess it was,it beat the hell out of the buzzer by like 14 seconds. Jordan was an overrated ballhog who never won shat till Bird and Magic were old and in Birds case retired.BTW you suck.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Jordan overrated?  I mean let's get serious.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: PATS BOYS CAN LEARN PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE GIRLS ON THE US WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : No Monta Ellis? One of Jordan's buzzerbeaters? Did he actually have any? I seem to recall other guys always hitting the big shot,maybe he had one. They usually call that Carolina shot a buzzerbeater,and I guess it was,it beat the hell out of the buzzer by like 14 seconds. Jordan was an overrated ballhog who never won shat till Bird and Magic were old and in Birds case retired.BTW you suck.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]NAHH, YOUR MAMA SUCKS and you swallow it up, remember? btw, mr. moron, michael jordan has 25 game winners, the most of anyone in the history of the NBA. he also shot them at 57%, by far the highest in the history of the game. the second guy is UNDER 40% and no, its not larry bird, havlicek or a celt. without a doubt, MJ is the best ever, hands down.. the most clutch, the best defensive, the best offensive, best all-around, best grit.. apart from that, he was really all-hype and overrated dr. geniustein...

Sections
Shortcuts