USC LB,s Over-Rated?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

USC LB,s Over-Rated?

Ive looked at all three of this years LB,s from usc,and really none of them stand out.as a unit all three of the big name guys have played well together.they all have a special talent,but also many down sides to them.if all three were not together you have to wonder how well they would have performed.like with the ravens.you have ray lewis,terrel suggs,and bart scott.they played very well as a unit.now bart scott is with the jets,and is running his mouth on how well the jets defense will be.in my opinion scott will be a non-factor without Lewis,and suggs.the samething with the usc LB,s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: USC LB,s Over-Rated?

Playing for USC automatically makes you overrated. It's a spotlight program that in recent years has had little viable competition in-conference and its players get fat beating up their little sisters, so to speak. Reggie Bush was going to revolutionize the NFL, if I remember correctly. Matt Leinart was can't miss. Now these guys might not be chopped liver, but they're not world beaters either.

Now, Bart Scott -- this guy is in for a rude awakening, if you ask me.

In fact, he's in for a rude awakening even if you don't ask me. Him and his coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think they are here is my list of most to least over rated:

Rey M.-yes the guy can play but is he smart enough with the type of complex offence packages these guys see now a days in the NFL.  Run stoppers are dime a dozen, the special guys (JM TB) are those that can do it all, RM doesn't seem to be that guy.

Clay Matthews-My favorite of all but I think he's a system guy, he will eventually be the best of all these guys but right he is extremely overrated been projected anywhere from top 15 to late 1st round. 

Brian Cushing-Now this guy I think will be the one that will be able to contribute the quickest but that's he's it.  I think over time he'll be the most consistent and what you see now is what you'll get in 5 years.  With more experience will make plays but I think he's upside is not real high.
    The fourth LB is Kaluka Maiava not over rated because he's projected anywhere from 5th to 7th round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Yes they are overrated somewhat, due to the strength of the unit as a group. When all 3 were good it raised level of the play of the other guys. A good problem to have no doubt. That said, teams better their homework on these guys to avoid getting an 'also ran'.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Yes they are overrated somewhat, due to the strength of the unit as a group. When all 3 were good it raised level of the play of the other guys. A good problem to have no doubt. That said, teams better their homework on these guys to avoid getting an 'also ran'.  
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

J you are 100%, I'm sure these guys will be good but need to go where there are some stablished LBs to help them.  I don't think any of the three can go and be the main guy his first year like Curry is been talked about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cannon-Ball. Show Cannon-Ball's posts

If they are overrated... Bill won't draft them.  

Sections
Shortcuts