Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff

This is the  reason we lose in the playoffs now...  All Belichecks Picks now..  Notice how all Pats SB teams have Draft Picks Parcells made...  now they are all gone just like the SB's and Playoffs wins...  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff

Yeah now Parcells picks are with the Cowboys and Dolphins both perennial superbowl champs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff

My point is now the team is full of BB players all we do is get to the playoffs.

No the Boys and Fins have not won a SB but look at how quick BP truns these
    teams from Worse to better..  it's because of his player personel decision making..  he just doesn't stick around long enough to finish the job...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I guess 6th round QB's can't win the Super Bowl.  I thought I saw an explosive offense with no offensive lineman, wide recievers, tight ends, or running backs drafted in the first round win a championship.  On their defense only Raji, Hawk, Matthews, and Woodson were first rounders (Woodson obviously not their pick).  That's five first round starters.  The Pats start Mankins on offense and Wilfork, Warren, Mayo, McCourty, and Merriweather on defense.  That would give us one more.  We each added one first rounder this year so we're still ahead, although you could probably count Baluga as a starter for them this year so we're tied.
    Those vaunted pass rushers of the Steelers, 2009 Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, they must have been first rounders.  Oh wait Harrison was undrafted and Woodley was a second rounder.  We can test your theory this year and see how the Falcons do.  They gave up two firsts, a second, and two fourths for the sixth pick this year.  I'm going to wait to give them the Lombardi trophy.  You, on the other hand are probably heading off to get it engraved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff:
    I guess 6th round QB's can't win the Super Bowl.  I thought I saw an explosive offense with no offensive lineman, wide recievers, tight ends, or running backs drafted in the first round win a championship.  On their defense only Raji, Hawk, Matthews, and Woodson were first rounders (Woodson obviously not their pick).  That's five first round starters.  The Pats start Mankins on offense and Wilfork, Warren, Mayo, McCourty, and Merriweather on defense.  That would give us one more.  We each added one first rounder this year so we're still ahead, although you could probably count Baluga as a starter for them this year so we're tied. Those vaunted pass rushers of the Steelers, 2009 Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, they must have been first rounders.  Oh wait Harrison was undrafted and Woodley was a second rounder.  We can test your theory this year and see how the Falcons do.  They gave up two firsts, a second, and two fourths for the sixth pick this year.  I'm going to wait to give them the Lombardi trophy.  You, on the other hand are probably heading off to get it engraved.
    Posted by paularnold

The one and only 6th rounder in history to do that..  hit the lottery on that pick = Lucky  

I saw a team get they a ss beat 2yrs in a row.... at home no less hows that drafting going for you..   let go for the trificta..    we don't need any top of the pool talent to win the SB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

Considering they lost at home in the playoffs the last two seasons I would say that the drafting is doing well.  Considering they have missed the playoffs twice since BB took over the team and in one of those seasons the Pats finished with 11 wins with a backup 7th round QB and won 3 SB's I would say the drafting is going pretty well.  Keep in mind the Pats would only be drafting in the bottom of the first round every season if it weren't for the draft day maneuvering of BB.  The 7th pick that became the 10th that they used to get Mayo wouldn't have existed if we used your theories.  No Ty Warren either. 
    Last year's draft which epitomized BB's style of maneuvering around the draft sproduced 5 key contributors to a team that went 14-2.  Chances are these players improve next year.  I think I'll stick to BB making my draft decisions thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well that's the winning formula...  good to know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff:
    Considering they lost at home in the playoffs the last two seasons I would say that the drafting is doing well.  Considering they have missed the playoffs twice since BB took over the team and in one of those seasons the Pats finished with 11 wins with a backup 7th round QB and won 3 SB's I would say the drafting is going pretty well.  Keep in mind the Pats would only be drafting in the bottom of the first round every season if it weren't for the draft day maneuvering of BB.  The 7th pick that became the 10th that they used to get Mayo wouldn't have existed if we used your theories.  No Ty Warren either.  Last year's draft which epitomized BB's style of maneuvering around the draft sproduced 5 key contributors to a team that went 14-2.  Chances are these players improve next year.  I think I'll stick to BB making my draft decisions thanks.
    Posted by paularnold

Yep BB builds nice solid teams that can run through the Reg season beat up on the not so good teams, scheme his way through 2-3 games..  when the playofs roll around and we play teams with playmakers and real talent... well you know the outcome.  

I agree with getting extra picks from time to time yes you can find gems in the  2nd 3rd etc rounds every so often  but your not building a SB team unless you get Some real talent or lucky  

Nice to know you ar happy with just making the playoffs 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff : Yep BB builds nice solid teams that can run through the Reg season beat up on the not so good teams, scheme his way through 2-3 games..  when the playofs roll around and we play teams with playmakers and real talent... well you know the outcome.   I agree with getting extra picks from time to time yes you can find gems in the  2nd 3rd etc rounds every so often  but your not building a SB team unless you get Some real talent or lucky   Nice to know you ar happy with just making the playoffs   
    Posted by DBCoach

What Team & What Head Coach would you rather have?  Who's been doing it Consistantly better and for Consistantly longer?  Ya want Bill Parcells, fine: Jump on whatever team he bandwagons for 3-4 years, blows up their salary cap, dishes out any draft picks for higher draft picks or RFAs to trade for, then leaves them with BOTH No long term success...and no superbowl.  You want The Steelers, fine.  They've Won more Superbowls than NE's won in the last 5 years, but don't come around here b#tching and moaning in 5 more years because they weren't able to rebuild to nearly the same depth, at nearly the same speed as Belichick has done in a 2-3 short years (or not at all), while STILL keeping NE in the top-tier teams during that time.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Value Oicks and 2nd Rounders get U to The Playoffs 1st Rounders Get U through the Playoff:
    This is the  reason we lose in the playoffs now...  All Belichecks Picks now..  Notice how all Pats SB teams have Draft Picks Parcells made...  now they are all gone just like the SB's and Playoffs wins...  
    Posted by DBCoach

You are correct. Many key players from the SB teams were not BB aquiaitions. Since they are all his choices, failure is the keyword. But you won't get far with the truth amoung these folks.

Sections
Shortcuts