Vegas has Colts by five...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

. . . when was the last time a 5-2 team was a two point dog (you get three for playing at home) going into a game against a 3-4 team????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Good take the pressure off us, if yesterdays game for the Colts was must win, this game is pretty close to a do or die with their up coming schedule. I think it's funny if you said the Colts would have Peyton Manning for all their games and the Pats would be without Tom Brady for all but 7 minutes of their season when they played and who would have the 5-2 record, I'd bet that 95% of the people out there would choose the Colts. Also the fact that we have a great chance to win this game will all the injuries is a testament to BB. The more I watch this team the more it reminds me of those San Franciso teams of the 80s and 90s. Able to plug in players and win no matter who is playing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

I was expecting the Pats to be a touchdown dog. This will play right into the Pats hands. Very good. Thanks Vegas!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

dont let the colts record fool you.like the chargers they can have there best game against us.our secondary is still average at best,and our starters in the secondary,are injured.our main running backs are injured,and we dont know if they are playing.we can beat the colts,but we need everyone healthy,and have a running threat.I watched that titans game last night,and there secondary manhandled the colts receivers.i wish ours could play like that.if it wasnt for that. the colts would have won that game.the balls were thrown where they needed to be.but the titans defenders int them,or batted most away.i feel we can win this game,but i wont go to vegas,and bet on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Like I said before the Colts are not to be taken lightly and thus are the favourites mainly b/c they have a QB named Manning and the Pats have Cassel and also the Colts are at home. If this was the Pats 01, 03, 04 defence then the Pats win for sure but the fact that the defence is not very good anymore is the main reason why the Colts scare me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

The two above posts sum it up for me... Only to add that in a season we've seen so far, no way we can confidently put this one in the win column. In my mind I was saying the odds wd be even---but i'm a fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I agree with above posters. Indy at home will be ready to play us. We better bring our A-game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

If we had Brady I would be suprised with that but without him and them having Manning and being at home they are favourites with everyone except us Pats fans. Still huge question marks on our secondary. If Manning burns them will BB and Pioli look at bringing in some help?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It doesn't look line Manning is burning anyone this year. His throws have been off and his timing with his WRs is lousy. I don't know if it's an effect from his surgery or what. Also Marvin Harrison is looking old and tired. The Patriots secondary can contain their passing attack if they can avoid being out of position and giving up those huge plays. The front seven will need to stuff the running game and Manning will be a lot less effective in the play action. Peyton has been tossing quite a few ducks, and hopefully Merriweather can snag one or two. Bob Sanders is supposed to be back, so that hurts the running game (especially if Jordan and Morris are both out again). But Cassel needs to move the chains and keep drives alive. I expect Welker and Faulk to be big factors. They also need to get into the end zone and not settle for FGs. If they can get a lead Manning will be pressed into mistakes. As always, turnovers will be huge in this game. Very winnable if they don't blow coverages and avoid those three and outs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree with everyone here. This isn't an easy game at all. My central point was about a.) the condition of the league in general where a 5-2 can dog it to a 3-4 and b.) how much it may reflect both the quality of the competition we have faced and the respect Cassel is getting around the league.

It also reflects a healthy respect for a damaged Colts team that essentially will *need* a win at home to avoid being knocked out of the race.

The Bolts have the pie (as in easy as) division . .. but the critical concensus among most pundits is that the Titans are for real and the Ravens, while not elite, are a more complete team than the Colts, and the scheudle dictating that in all likelhood that AFC east winner will yeild a concession prize of a wild-crad berth based on strength of schedule alone.

IOW, the Colts don't have a completely soft division to lean on, and with the wild cards likely coming out of the east and north, they really, really need not just one win, but a string of em, really soon.

This alone makes them dangerous, and worthy of respect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

When I don't believe the odds I check for an online scam. It's up to 5 1/2 or 6 points, Indy.

The Colts have a QB named Manning but he doesn't work. Where else did those four losses come from? Nor is Manning showing improvement from week to week. It's his knee.

Next, the Colts are deep into cap hell. Their several years of glory were all bought with a balloon mortgage, and now it's foreclosure time for Indy. They have to play a JAG every time that a starter goes down. Bill Belichick loves to play these teams, because a winning flexible strategy can be easily found.

If I saw the slightest chance that the entire Patriots team had the norovirus this week (like 2 years ago), I'd give Indy a chance. I don't see it.

The Colts have 5 1/2 days to recover from a brutally punishing Tennessee team.

Wow is this point spread bogus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It's probably more like this:
    A home team gives up three. A spread of 5 assumes the Patriots are 2 points "worse" than the Colts (in Indy). But they are probably adding 7 points to the Colts potential due to a bad PI call in the end zone resulting in an Indy TD. So in reality if you take the zebras out of the equation the Patriots are favored by 5 points "straight up".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bub,

That is funny.

In years past I would have been worrying about the refs a lot more. . . but now the Ponies need all the help they can get.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

yeah, whats the over under for brutal PI calls against the patriots in the end zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

Give the Colts their 12th man in the stripes. It was wonderful to see Brady taunting the zebras at the end of the Indy game last year. How many times do players get to call the zebras "losers"?

We'll see P. Manning on the field but lately he's not Manning. We'll see Addai on the field but he will be coming off a layover, and the downtime really hurts running backs the first game back. Bobzilla should be on the field too after a period of no football due to injury.

Marvin Harrison is an older guy carrying a criminal rap in his head, something about his gun being used and then hidden so the cops wouldn't find it. Across the Colts team, all sorts of parts are busted or limping. Yes that counts!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Isn't the spread used to entice betters, while keeping the odds in the house's favor? And therefore, not necessarily a reflection of the teams' abilities. Where is the money finding its way into Vegas coming from for this game? Indy? Boston? If this game were a pick'em who amongst us would be laying down a large sum on the Pats? Make the Colts favorites and more people will be willing to jump. This isn't a respect issue it's a money issue, but then again, and in sports especially, aren't they all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mark,

Vegas odds are certainly about money. It's about action, so the bets make the line.

This one is interesting because the line just increased to -5.5-6.

That means that most people like the Colts by a touchdown.

And if they are getting even money it would stay the same.

I think the best way to phrase a question like this would be . . . would YOU take the Pats against a 6 point spread????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]I agree with everyone here. This isn't an easy game at all. My central point was about a.) the condition of the league in general where a 5-2 can dog it to a 3-4 and b.) how much it may reflect both the quality of the competition we have faced and the respect Cassel is getting around the league.

It also reflects a healthy respect for a damaged Colts team that essentially will *need* a win at home to avoid being knocked out of the race.

The Bolts have the pie (as in easy as) division . .. but the critical concensus among most pundits is that the Titans are for real and the Ravens, while not elite, are a more complete team than the Colts, and the scheudle dictating that in all likelhood that AFC east winner will yeild a concession prize of a wild-crad berth based on strength of schedule alone.

IOW, the Colts don't have a completely soft division to lean on, and with the wild cards likely coming out of the east and north, they really, really need not just one win, but a string of em, really soon.

This alone makes them dangerous, and worthy of respect.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

Update: the Colts bettors are running away with the point spread. Yahoo odds sites are now between 6 and 7, with most settling on 6.5

Nationally, boy the 5-2 Patriots got buried fast. No Brady, no chance?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I was actually just talking to my father about the same thing.

We both thought coming into the week that even money would givethe Pats six or six and a half because a TD spread seemed like good action on both sides.

I don't know if there is no chance, but a seven point spread, on this week when the ponies need a win, in Indy, minus Brady and a healthy RB corp sounds about right.

With Brady I would give the Colts 7, LOL.