Vereen may be out for awhile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vereen may be out for awhile

Patriots placed RB Shane Vereen (wrist surgery) on injured reserve/designated to return.

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Vereen may be out for awhile

injured reserve/designated to return.

Vereen was expected to miss only 2-3 weeks, but as usual with the Patriots, we didn't know the true details. Vereen won't be eligible to practice for six weeks, and can't return until Week 11 (New England is on bye in Week 10). It's a massive blow for an offense that's unusually short on playmakers as it waits for Rob Gronkowski to return. It also means Stevan Ridley could start getting some run on third downs, but Leon Washington is a candidate for some passing-down snaps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to YanksHess' comment:

Another one bites the dust hey hey

Another one bites the dust!!

DING DONG! Who is it??

The NY JETS!!!LOL

We still have 4 RB's that I'd rather have than Chris Ivory....

And another troll bites the dust....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

this is a big loss. i wasnt a fan of the possibility of Vereen as the starter going forward, but i love him as a situational guy. He was someone who could get 7-10 carries and 5-7 catches a game and his difference would be felt by the D. he is a matchup nightmare catching the football and is a great change of pace back for Ridley. This loss deff hurts us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What Theee F*ck?! NOW its time to Panic!!!!  No seriously this is HUGE, but we DID resign Leon and he will perform those duties in the interim. Now maybe he isnt the same player but what can we do? I will say its kind of a bummer when you consider the kid has had health issues since being drafted and we let Danny Woodhead go when we could have resigned him 2 years ago on the CHEAP!!!  I wasnt that mad when they let him go because of Vareen but I always thought they could afford both and every year Danny was here, I kept asking, why havent they rewarded him with a lil cheap 3 year contract to keep him around?

Wow, BB the GM is sure making it hard to be positive about our current situation but I Digress, worse has happened and we have overcome! Cmon Guys! Lets gather in a circle!  Repeat After Me! "We Shall OverCooooome, We Shall Overcooooome"

Wow, All I can do is laugh to keep from being upset.....smdh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

What Theee F*ck?! NOW its time to Panic!!!!  No seriously this is HUGE, but we DID resign Leon and he will perform those duties in the interim. Now maybe he isnt the same player but what can we do? I will say its kind of a bummer when you consider the kid has had health issues since being drafted and we let Danny Woodhead go when we could have resigned him 2 years ago on the CHEAP!!!  I wasnt that mad when they let him go because of Vareen but I always thought they could afford both and every year Danny was here, I kept asking, why havent they rewarded him with a lil cheap 3 year contract to keep him around?

Wow, BB the GM is sure making it hard to be positive about our current situation but I Digress, worse has happened and we have overcome! Cmon Guys! Lets gather in a circle!  Repeat After Me! "We Shall OverCooooome, We Shall Overcooooome"

Wow, All I can do is laugh to keep from being upset.....smdh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

it does definitely looks bad, but just remember stay calm. We have Brady to lead us to a decent record until everyone is healthy then we can make a playoff run as a healthy team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Not good. He could've singlehandedly carried this offense until Gronk returned and the rookies got acclimated. Not good at all.

Don't see how this could possibly be on Belichick the GM, as OG implies (err, rather, states directly). This is a flukey injury. Belichick drafted Vereen -- you know, the guy we can't afford to lose. 

Let's go Pats!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well i guess the bright side is he will be back for the playoffs

And since BB hasnpt called me, I guess I wont know what the true story is

I do hope Leaon has something left

We need to get by these next 2 games ans the next 3 are much tougher. Everything is still up in the air in the AFC

Our D is going to have to really take the next step.

I hope TB is helping with the young guys.

I am surprised that Simms is gone form the PS as we are thin in play makers

But Francis is back - i have no understanding of what is going on with the PS

and all the: go, come back, go, come back stuff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to YanksHess's comment:

Sing along with Tom Brady doing his best Eddie Vetter won't you gang!?

Oh where Oh where can Wes Welker be?

Old Coach BB took him awy from me.

We got Amendola but he's proven he's no good

I would paid him out of my pocket if I only could!

You can hum the rest!LOL

i guess you have no one to talk to on the jets blog - so i feel sorry for you!

but maybe you should ask yourself this question

- When you have the number 1 pick next year,  will you draft another qb?? No need to asnwer as we know you don't have a clue - lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Damn: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/patriots-put-shane-vereen-on-short-term-ir/

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to YanksHess' comment:

Jets Blog- There's a Jets blog!?

LOL- Seawolf -you must be new here. Welcome to Leons Playhouse!

You forgot the apostrophe, lil' fella. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Its a big loss, and just not at RB.  He was playing alot at WR as well as they were using him in the spots they use to use Herdz.  He was a match-up nightmare for defenses when they got him one on one vs a linebacker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

pats could lose to the jets, how awful would that be?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

pats could lose to the jets, how awful would that be?

Hey Phat Rex/Bustchise/anonymis/patriotrain/bungalobill/fatsam/Leon/YanksHess and a host of others....

You are a JETS TROLL...this is just for you Jets trolls and Jets fans...

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—are unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

Your quarterback: BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE.

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: New York Jets

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Terrible news, this is a big blow to a team that has made some big mistakes in building the roster this off season. Truthfully, what did you expect to happen with Vereen? If anything he has proven he is injury prone...three years now and he's done nothing but get injured. Throw him on the second round bust heap.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Terrible news, this is a big blow to a team that has made some big mistakes in building the roster this off season. Truthfully, what did you expect to happen with Vereen? If anything he has proven he is injury prone...three years now and he's done nothing but get injured. Throw him on the second round bust heap.

Jeesh, a bust? Really? Guy's a stud. So he got hurt, it's not career ending. Remember Fragile Fred Taylor? Ended up with 2500 carries, 300 catches and 14,000 yards.  But he was fragile because he got hurt a few times early on in his career. Stuff happens.

Next man up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

And if he's a bust, how is it a "big blow" to lose him? Seems like it would be a positive to be rid of a bust?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Jeesh, a bust? Really? Guy's a stud. So he got hurt, it's not career ending. Remember Fragile Fred Taylor? Ended up with 2500 carries, 300 catches and 14,000 yards.  But he was fragile because he got hurt a few times early on in his career. Stuff happens.

Next man up.

Best post of the day, easily.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I hope Bolden can get healthy soon.  I think he can do some of the things Vereen did for us, although not as well or exactly the same way.  Dude can catch the ball though and has some shake.  Like a bigger, slower Vereen.  He may not be able to create as many mismatches with his speed like SV but he will truck some fools if he gets the ball in the open field.  

If Gronk comes back healthy next week or the week after he's going to have over a hundred catches this year and another 20 TDs.

Sections
Shortcuts