Vereen may be out for awhile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Vereen may be out for awhile

Vereen is another guy (like Edelman, maybe even Amedola?) who every time he builds momentum and looks like a major piece to the offense he gets hurt.  Injuries are part of the game, I understand.  But I was really excited to see what Vereen could bring to the offense.  They need playmakers right now, and I'm wondering who steps up in his absence.  It's easy to say Ridley or Blount (& maybe Bolden?), but those guys don't have the exact skill set.  The only good news in al lof this is that it's noit a season-ending injury, and maybe some of the other guys get more OJT then they'd get otherwise.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

What can I say that can be printed about Vereen's injury? The challenges to the offensive roster this year just keep coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Terrible news, this is a big blow to a team that has made some big mistakes in building the roster this off season. Truthfully, what did you expect to happen with Vereen? If anything he has proven he is injury prone...three years now and he's done nothing but get injured. Throw him on the second round bust heap.

Jeesh, a bust? Really? Guy's a stud. So he got hurt, it's not career ending. Remember Fragile Fred Taylor? Ended up with 2500 carries, 300 catches and 14,000 yards.  But he was fragile because he got hurt a few times early on in his career. Stuff happens.

Next man up.

It's always nice to see, when someone brings some common sense and rational thinking into a conversation that is bordering on hysteria.  Good points...thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

dreiver, I understand BB drafted Vareen. I am not putting the injury on BB. I am saying why didnt he resign Woodhead for cheap when he had the chance. I dont play favorites. I just want my team to succeed and woody being durable and dependable would have still been here WITH Vareen. I dont see it as a stretch when some wanted DA and Wes to be here. Teams are more likely to carry multiple RBs. Vareen showed he was fragile early on. I would signed Woody 2 years ago to a cheap extension and have him here as insurance. That is on BB the GM. Maybe there is a reason but without BB telling me I have to assume it was mistake. Its not like its hindsight cuz Ive been calling for Woody to be resigned.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

What Theee F*ck?! NOW its time to Panic!!!!  No seriously this is HUGE, but we DID resign Leon and he will perform those duties in the interim. Now maybe he isnt the same player but what can we do? I will say its kind of a bummer when you consider the kid has had health issues since being drafted and we let Danny Woodhead go when we could have resigned him 2 years ago on the CHEAP!!!  I wasnt that mad when they let him go because of Vareen but I always thought they could afford both and every year Danny was here, I kept asking, why havent they rewarded him with a lil cheap 3 year contract to keep him around?

Wow, BB the GM is sure making it hard to be positive about our current situation but I Digress, worse has happened and we have overcome! Cmon Guys! Lets gather in a circle!  Repeat After Me! "We Shall OverCooooome, We Shall Overcooooome"

Wow, All I can do is laugh to keep from being upset.....smdh

Triple, wasn't it this week you kind of poked at me for just enjoying the win and not getting on personal choices to just enjoy the season? Sorry had to poke you a bit there but this one I can't blame on GM. Sure Vereen has been injury prone but the RB core is fairly solid without him for a while. The thing I will get on the GM about is not having the proper depth with the other offensive weapons going into the season to adjust for his loss as well as Amendola. I don't think if they had a couple extra weapons in the receiving core this wouldn't be an issue but without him, Amendola, and Gronk it puts a ton of pressure on the rooks and on Ridley to hold on to the ball. Thankfully we have almost an extended preseason (as far as opponent difficulty) to help compensate but we are going to need at least 2 out of the 3 back before week 4 and with Vereen out until at least week 10 or 11 I believe this one does hurt a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

F$%? Vereen, I was the talk of my fantasy league sunday night. Tape the wrist up and get out there. I got 500 bucks on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

"The thing I will get on the GM about is not having the proper depth with the other offensive weapons going into the season to adjust for his loss as well as Amendola."

Hahaa, me and you are saying the same things Eng. I cant be positive forever. I made those statements before our most versatile weapon and matchup nightmare was declared out for 8 weeks. You say you are upset the depth wasnt there. I think they could have resigned Danny 2 years ago so you can have both He and Vareen on the roster since they are smaller guys likely to be hurt. I was saying to be Positive and  not deem the season a failure before things happened. (TFB writing off DA before he missed a game) BUT Vareen is OUT now for a while. Thats an IN season Issue. So in that aspect I can then refer back to offseason moves NOT made that would have prevented our dilemna. I dont wanna talk about things till they happen. At the time I liked our team. Without Vareen and Amendola, I aint gonna lie, thats tough sledding. Lets hope Gronk is back soon and the D relishes in the opportunity to win a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

"The thing I will get on the GM about is not having the proper depth with the other offensive weapons going into the season to adjust for his loss as well as Amendola."

Hahaa, me and you are saying the same things Eng. I cant be positive forever. I made those statements before our most versatile weapon and matchup nightmare was declared out for 8 weeks. You say you are upset the depth wasnt there. I think they could have resigned Danny 2 years ago so you can have both He and Vareen on the roster since they are smaller guys likely to be hurt. I was saying to be Positive and  not deem the season a failure before things happened. (TFB writing off DA before he missed a game) BUT Vareen is OUT now for a while. Thats an IN season Issue. So in that aspect I can then refer back to offseason moves NOT made that would have prevented our dilemna. I dont wanna talk about things till they happen. At the time I liked our team. Without Vareen and Amendola, I aint gonna lie, thats tough sledding. Lets hope Gronk is back soon and the D relishes in the opportunity to win a game.

The sad part for me is I did want Woodhead back but udderstood Woodhead might not want to be back if he saw he was going to be pushed under Vereen in the depth chart. Yes we could have easily had both and that's what I'd prefer but only if Woodhead wanted to come back.

The WR's though I thought is a huge mistake. Yes I wanted Welker back and I still think we could have had both Amendola and Welker but my biggest gripe is that they didn't get a durable solid #3 type of WR as an emergency backup considering the amount of rooks and injury prone players they had. I had no doubt Jenkins and Jones weren't making the team (actually said it prior to the draft) while I think they could have had a good guy in the wings for cheap if they went with Sanders for a extra mil, or resigned Welker, or signed Walters for little money, or brought in someone like Heyward-Bey. Such a waste

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea I here you man. I hope we arent looking back next year and pointing to things that didnt allow us to succeed. I personally think the Emanuelle signing was big. We would have had a productive, veteran WR in his prime with no real injury history who could play outside or in. I watched as some here said Darius Heyward Bey cant run routes. Well I bet he would have looked better than any rook on the team. I cant believe we are in this position after letting Emmanuelle go back to Pitt for a million or whatever.  Thats my gripe along with our lack of S and CB signing. So far the back end has held up but we saw EARLY the impact of NOT having a real WR. I mean we all love Eds and he works hard, but he is just limited and injry prone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The sad part for me is I did want Woodhead back but udderstood Woodhead might not want to be back if he saw he was going to be pushed under Vereen in the depth chart. Yes we could have easily had both and that's what I'd prefer but only if Woodhead wanted to come back.

The WR's though I thought is a huge mistake. Yes I wanted Welker back and I still think we could have had both Amendola and Welker but my biggest gripe is that they didn't get a durable solid #3 type of WR as an emergency backup considering the amount of rooks and injury prone players they had. I had no doubt Jenkins and Jones weren't making the team (actually said it prior to the draft) while I think they could have had a good guy in the wings for cheap if they went with Sanders for a extra mil, or resigned Welker, or signed Walters for little money, or brought in someone like Heyward-Bey. Such a waste

I agree with 100% of this, PatsEng.  I was pushing for Heyward-Bey also but there were several who questioned his hands.  The Colts are happy with him, he would have done well here.  This is what the Luck and the Colts say about him...

"Darrius has been nothing but a great addition to this team," said Luck. "Football-wise, obviously he's got the speed. He makes the plays. A big third-down conversion, or second-and-long and he gets it and we get a first down. That's huge. And the blocking on the touchdown run.

"Beyond that, he's a great teammate. He's a hard worker. We all talk about Reggie's work ethic and that sort of legendary ability and Darrius is definitely on that path of work ethic. He's a lot of fun to play with."

http://www.shelbynews.com/articles/2013/09/11/sports/doc522f5a839cdad177988610.txt

I hope Vereen is ready to go week 12!  Need a big game from him that week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree with 100% of this, PatsEng.  I was pushing for Heyward-Bey also but there were several who questioned his hands.  The Colts are happy with him, he would have done well here.  This is what the Luck and the Colts say about him...

"Darrius has been nothing but a great addition to this team," said Luck. "Football-wise, obviously he's got the speed. He makes the plays. A big third-down conversion, or second-and-long and he gets it and we get a first down. That's huge. And the blocking on the touchdown run.

"Beyond that, he's a great teammate. He's a hard worker. We all talk about Reggie's work ethic and that sort of legendary ability and Darrius is definitely on that path of work ethic. He's a lot of fun to play with."

http://www.shelbynews.com/articles/2013/09/11/sports/doc522f5a839cdad177988610.txt

I hope Vereen is ready to go week 12!  Need a big game from him that week.

well seeing how reactionary people on this board can be Heyward-Bey is a total waste of a FA signing. 3 catches for 33 yards thats worse than our bust Thompkins

Sections
Shortcuts