Vereen Should Start at wr, He Can Get Free, Lloyd Can't (Ridley/Woody at rb)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Vereen Should Start at wr, He Can Get Free, Lloyd Can't (Ridley/Woody at rb)

This will make welker and hern more open (and hooman/fells if they go into a pass pattern)

and open up the run.

there isnt a man on the field who could cover him 1 on 1.

will josh and bb be schrewd enough to do it? hope so.

they only came into this information by accident

the game plan was to run plays all day for woody and gronk

will josh/bb use what was discovered yesterday on the field next 2 games (considerign we have no other separating wr)?

sure llloyd can get a few plays and vereen can get a few out of the backfiedl as a rb.

but i like a lot of sets with him out wide

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Vereen Should Start at wr, He Can Get Free, Lloyd Can't (Ridley/Woody at rb)

Why are you saying Lloyd can't get free against the Ravens. That was one of his best games of the season with 100+ recieving yards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Re: Vereen Should Start at wr, He Can Get Free, Lloyd Can't (Ridley/Woody at rb)

If I remember correctly Vereen had linebacker coverage on him. If he plays as a wide out he'll get corner and safty attention. A little more difficult.

I like him coming out of the back field bringing a line backer in coverage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

^ that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

If I remember correctly Vereen had linebacker coverage on him. If he plays as a wide out he'll get corner and safty attention. A little more difficult.

Told him the same thing in another thread, but he doesn't want to accept it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

like him out of backfielld too. would; rrn some plauys like that, howeva im thinking the best benefit FOR THE WHOEL OFFENSE over teh whole game

i dotn see any one person covering him safety or corner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Why are you saying Lloyd can't get free against the Ravens. That was one of his best games of the season with 100+ recieving yards.

how many games is that.

i wouldnt count on it from him in a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

its a little outside of good form to refer to someone as if they are not there (on a public forum).

one could say, bred, i posted on another thread vereen ahd a linebacker on him.

to whcih i could then reply, i did not see that, however i know how fast and elusive vereen is. it does nto matter who they have on him he is capable of beating them and of drawign double coverage (makign wes and hern's job easier, as well as whoever the back is).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

by the way, i got the same disagreement or how do you know abotu ridley after my commnents baout him after his first preseason game. ditto re teh disagrement and hwo do you know about  what i said about the effect talib will have at the time of the trade (including the change of the defense).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I like what I had seen, but the reality is it was one game. I don't see the Ravens giving him double coverage over Wes or Hern. So if anything he'll be in a postion to get more balls due to Welker and Hern getting coverage. Still think best option is to get Line backer coverage on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I like what I had seen, but the reality is it was one game. I don't see the Ravens giving him double coverage over Wes or Hern. So if anything he'll be in a postion to get more balls due to Welker and Hern getting coverage. Still think best option is to get Line backer coverage on him.

nothign wrong with your idea. 

i diasagree with you. with his speed on go routes they will have to give help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think saying there isn't a man who can cover him one on one is a bit premature.

He was lined up against HOU's backup linebackers. If he beat someone like Cushing then I would think more of the idea. But he beat a linebacker who was out of position.

Also, not sure if we will see the same looks from Baltimore as we did from HOU. HOU couldn't stop Brady because they show their hand way too early. As soon as Brady puts a rb out WR or Hern in the backfield, Brady could easily determine if HOU was in m2m.

Baltimore will do a better job of disguising its looks as they play a variety of zone and man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

its a little outside of good form to refer to someone as if they are not there (on a public forum).

to whcih i could then reply, i did not see that, however i know how fast and elusive vereen is. it does nto matter who they have on him he is capable of beating them and of drawign double coverage (makign wes and hern's job easier, as well as whoever the back is).

They wouldn't need a safety, Vereen can't run routes. The Ravens 3rd CB could probably take him out of the game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

nothign wrong with your idea. 

i diasagree with you. with his speed on go routes they will have to give help.

oops i meant nothing worng with your idea.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

They wouldn't need a safety, Vereen can't run routes. The Ravens 3rd CB could probably take him out of the game. 

opinion registered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I think saying there isn't a man who can cover him one on one is a bit premature.

He was lined up against HOU's backup linebackers. If he beat someone like Cushing then I would think more of the idea. But he beat a linebacker who was out of position.

Also, not sure if we will see the same looks from Baltimore as we did from HOU. HOU couldn't stop Brady because they show their hand way too early. As soon as Brady puts a rb out WR or Hern in the backfield, Brady could easily determine if HOU was in m2m.

Baltimore will do a better job of disguising its looks as they play a variety of zone and man.

im sure brady and josh will have a way to get reads . however im talking about running a go route. also vereen did run pass routes in college.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I would not assume he cant run routes in the pros. He ran routes in college.

As a RB they can line him up as a WR or in the backfield. So they are already doing some of this. If he is in there with Ridley then that would change who covers him - or it likely changes it. So I agree that when he is the lone back on the field he is more likely to get LB coverage which is very likely to be a mismatch.

Still, as a WR I would not assume any DB can cover him. I think his use this way would have to be the same as for any possible WRs - that is he has to be able to read the coverage and D and adjust the same way any WR has to in this O. I do not know if he is schooled anough to do this and the answer is probably not as of now - not to the extect he would need to be as a "full fledged" WR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

He wasn't talking to you, so why should he address you. With all that goes on in this forum you think THAT somehow disrespected you???????? LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

He wasn't talking to you, so why should he address you. With all that goes on in this forum you think THAT somehow disrespected you???????? LOL

• i realize the concept of respect is beyond you. i understand it might be beyond you. i accept that. maybe someday when you get to experience what lack of respect is deeply, it may make a difference. your sensitivity may be broken, but it may not be redeeable. for most, respecting oneself or others has to be modeled and learned. if we learn otherwise, that is what we do.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

just heard boomer esiason say the same thing i am suggesting. ridley at rb, vereen, hern, welker on field no way to defense.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Lloyd is perhaps the single biggest asset we have when playing the Ravens becasue he commands a safety to stay over the top...which then makes it tougher for the Ravens to cover Welker and Hernandez underneath unless they play nickel (then we run the ball). None of thier linebacker can cover Hernadez nor can they cover Welker underneath or Vareen and or Ridley coming out of the backfield on wheel routes. If they deploy Vareen at wideout vs him coming out of the backfield, then he'll be covered by a corner vs a linebacker, negating his advantage.

The key to the Patriots offense is to find and take advantage of matchups based on personell packages on the field. Which is why you see Hernandez lining up in the backfield in some formations, it elimantes the defenses ability to press him at the line and in combination with Welker, , when they're in bunch formations, one goes inside, the other out along with Lloyd on the outside, who commands the attention of the safety to that side along with a corner, regardless of whether they're playing zone or man it's a lethal combination.  The inside guy when they're in man, just runs accross the formation, in zone they attack the seam and get in between the safeties and linebackers.

The Patriots offense is one of the more complicated in all of the NFL and they derrive thier advantages from being able to attack a defesne based on the personell on the field. A large part of that success is derived from our new found running game. Led by Ridley, Woodhead and Vareen all them are good runners that can also catch the football. So when we come out in 3 reciever sets with Hernadez the defesne has to respect our ability to run the ball. If the defense is in thier standard base 4-3 or 3-4 they split out Woodhead and or Vareen forcing the defense to cover them with a linebacker...If they line up in a nickel then we pound them with the run or play action. Back to the original point of my post, it is Lloyds ability to stretch the field that helps to keep a safety with one eye on him and thus if Reed is playing to his side of the field he can't risk playing to close to the line and helping in run support.

End of the day if the Patriots can keep Brady clean and not allow the Ravens to pressure him without blitzing...The Patriots have plenty of mismatches they can take advantage of and should be able to posses the ball and score 30 plus points...

• Sections
    Shortcuts