Vereen to play on Monday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Vereen to play on Monday?

Patriots released Williams, which opens the spot for Vereen. He was looking great in the 1st game. Sounds like the Pats offense will be at full strenght on Monday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Vereen to play on Monday?

Vareen will need a couple of weeks to be at 100%, but he should still be a match-up nightmare for teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Vareen will need a couple of weeks to be at 100%, but he should still be a match-up nightmare for teams.

Remember, he was practicing the last few weeks, but agree, he will need some time to shake some rust off. He won't get the full load if he plays Monday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

rumor has been he has been practicing with the team for about 1 month. I expect him to hit the ground running...25-30 snaps

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I know he's been practicing with the team, but has he been getting clocked by LBs or has he been wearing that red jersey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I know he's been practicing with the team, but has he been getting clocked by LBs or has he been wearing that red jersey?

Not listed as a limited participant, so it looks like he has been practicing full. I agree with karp that Shane gets a solid work load right off the bat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Nearly a full work load  out of the gates.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Vereen was great week one and against the texans in the playoffs last year- that pretty much covers it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just the fact that he's avaiiible makes the Panthers have to game plan for him regardless of whether he plays or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Vereen's availability sure does help provide some flexibility, especially on 3rd downs.  However, I don't think he's played enough to warrant being called a match up nightmare (yet).  He hasn't earned the status of Ray Rice......or even our own Faulk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Watched NFC Playbook last night to see what my favorite analysts had to say about the game.  Sterling Sharpe said "Vereen is arguably the best 3rd down back in the NFL".  Wow, high praise indeed and here's hoping he can further prove that Monday night. 

Sections
Shortcuts