Vereen Touches Over/Under

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Vereen Touches Over/Under

Bolden has been ruled out for Sunday and Vereen is no longer on the injury report.  The Jets have struggled defending the run.  If I set it at 10 touches do you take the over or under?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Vereen Touches Over/Under

Under... will be a Ridley and Woodhead day.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well we might see Woodhead take more handoffs and if they decide to bring a back in that can catch, hopefully it will be Vareen. Been dying to see what this guy can do.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

10 is way to high... I would set it at 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Truly an enigma why Vareen didn't play last week. He played special teams but not RB?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I would like to see what Vereen can do, but I really don't think another RB is going to be the difference between this team winning and losing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I will say under, like maybe 7 touches?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'm hoping that Ridley gets 25 carries for 150 or so. Throw in a little woodhead and Vereen when he needs a breather. It would be cool to see Vereen on a couple of screen passes. Now I'm thinking ahead to next year, Demps on a little bubble screen..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see what Vereen can do, but I really don't think another RB is going to be the difference between this team winning and losing.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Actually running it, Brady under center and more closer to a 50/50 split in balance is the difference.   No kidding. Welcome to football 101!

Good thing Brady threw 46 times last February and we ran BJGE only 15 times! lol

Do you enjoy being dumb? Just curious.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, welcome to football 101 from the 1980's. It is not that game any more. In the Super Bowl the Giants also ran more than they threw, but they managed to win the game.

If it was so obvious and easy to fix and BB is a great coach. Why after all of last season, the playoffs, the Super Bowl, and six games this year, are they still doing it? 

I am in no way defending the offense. I think it is out of whack as well, but let's be honest the defense it atrocious. I have managed this several times, how do you say 14 yards per play in the 4th quarter is good enough defense?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the Jets, while up grading over last year, are still a slow defense. Esp the LB's. Vereen can get to the corner faster than Ridley or Woody, who operate better between the tackles. I am thinking 15 carries for Vereen if he is allowed to get untracked by the coaching staff.

Connolly is a better pulling guard than blocker in space, and Wendell is a better trap blocker than blocking in space, so this should also play up to Vereens talents.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the Jets, while up grading over last year, are still a slow defense. Esp the LB's. Vereen can get to the corner faster than Ridley or Woody, who operate better between the tackles. I am thinking 15 carries for Vereen if he is allowed to get untracked by the coaching staff.

Connolly is a better pulling guard than blocker in space, and Wendell is a better trap blocker than blocking in space, so this should also play up to Vereens talents.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you rkarp. I would like to see somewhere around 15/15 Vareen and Ridley and a few screens/dump offs to Woody. I also agree with your assessment of Connoly and Wendell. It begs to question why we didn't use more trap plays against Seattle(like the niners and Frank Gore just did) with Vareen on the field? Or really with Ridley as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm hoping that Ridley gets 25 carries for 150 or so. Throw in a little woodhead and Vereen when he needs a breather. It would be cool to see Vereen on a couple of screen passes. Now I'm thinking ahead to next year, Demps on a little bubble screen..

[/QUOTE]

Me too - I'd like to see Ridley not run scared this week as well - it looked like he was running not to fumble. With Bodden out I think some of the pressure will actually be OFF Ridley a bit...they going to bench him without a back on the roster that weighs more than 200 pounds?

I would run this guy till his legs fall off...if he fumbles once so be it, it happens. I think he's got more talent than Bodden and once Brady starts hitting a few passes in a row the Jets will bring in their small packages...pound Ridley.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Doesn't Woodhead have good games against the Jets?  I think he does!!  I would love to see Riddley with over 100 yards and see Woodhead in the 80 yard range.  I still think Vereen will see some action.  I will give him 8 rushes, 3 receiving with a total of 58 yards.