Vereen!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Vereen!

About time they let him play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Vereen!

And it was worth the wait ... totally energetic, and effective.

Finally, a runner who might be able to help the OL. Not tha Beny is terrible ... but he adds nothing, and Vereen can add something after the hole. 

Vereen looks like he can make runs happen from nothing ... that is huge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

First it was great seeing him in action and I like what I saw. It was funny listening to the mnf crew asking if it was a bad move still trying to score with the game in hand and fianlly blondy got it right by saying they were just getting this kid some playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

im not gonna get to exited but he did show amazing speed which helps a lot in this leauge ie jamal charles,chris johnson

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'd say if he retired right now he's a first ballot HOF'er. But I'm expecting him to be the greatest RB of all time, maybe 2nd best to be conservative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

love that speed...i think we'll be seeing more of him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Vereen!:
    And it was worth the wait ... totally energetic, and effective. Finally, a runner who might be able to help the OL. Not tha Beny is terrible ... but he adds nothing, and Vereen can add something after the hole.  Vereen looks like he can make runs happen from nothing ... that is huge.
    Posted by zbellino

It could be huge. It's been a long time since I saw a Pats' runner reverse direction from a stuffed hole and blaze for daylight. Nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ridley looked great too.....like 6 weeks ago.

These backs were drafted for the future and depth. They will not see enough carries/opportunies to justify their draft positions. At least not to a lot of fans on this forum.

BJGE/Woody and a little Faulk will be the ball carriers in 2011, unless one goes down. Quite frankly I think it is enough. We have a hard charging, no fumble, always falls forward bruiser in Benny. We have Dave Megget Lite in Woodhead, and the clutch veteran 3rd down machine Kevin Faulk.

I look forward to seeing the Ridley/Vareen combo the next few years, but imo we have enough running threat to be effective with the above 3. We just need to maintain a commitment, something Obrien and Brady have been unable/unwilling to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

And it was worth the wait ... totally energetic, and effective. Finally, a runner who might be able to help the OL. Not tha Beny is terrible ... but he adds nothing, and Vereen can add something after the hole.  Vereen looks like he can make runs happen from nothing ... that is huge.
    Posted by zbellino

why do you suppose he holds him out till now and late in the game?
    or just his veteran, "you gotta earn it" attitude.

still no outside threat.

offense still very slow in starting 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

anybody else think we woulda beat Pitt is bb had gone with vereen instead of faulk? no more faulk, sorry sir.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

next week, i expect to see a more thought out ground game. i believe cannon will be used as well as the rook rbs.

also, it looks like bb is slowly but surely adding a dimension the their offensive game every week. should we expect to see at least a couple of deep bombs to price and slater next week?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BJGE continues to get the tough, gut-it-out yards and I like seeing him on the field.  Ridley showed promise early.  Vereen looked not only fast but also quick.  Good to see him out there.  That said, this was late in the 4th qtr of one game against a tired defense.  I'm guessing the reason he hasn't been out there until now is that he was hurt in camp and simply got behind. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If he is going to be better than the other RBs he needs to get going in the passing game. I would say the Pats have RBs that run well, and RBs that catch well, none that have shown an ability to do both well. Catching is supposed to be a strength for Vereen. Many people say the Pats running game is too predictable because players like Faulk and Woody always catch, and BJGE always runs (5 catches this year is very few). When I look at the more elite RBs in the league like Forte, Johnson (pre-big contract), Rice, MJD, etc. They do both well. That's what I would like to see from a Pats RB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Vereen looked good last night, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. KC's D, who already is considered a very poor run D, was worn down by BJGE all day. It is good for Vereens confidence though to get him some reps late in the game, esp trusting him on 4th and goal to score

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Vereen! : It could be huge. It's been a long time since I saw a Pats' runner reverse direction from a stuffed hole and blaze for daylight. Nice.
    Posted by BabeParilli

That cutback was huge. 

I hope they continue to develop him. I'm tired of having a collection of spare parts at RB. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

anybody else think we woulda beat Pitt is bb had gone with vereen instead of faulk? no more faulk, sorry sir.
    Posted by arodrambone

No. I don't think much could have been done in that game. Next time they would be better off getting off the field. When the opponent uses 30 minutes of the game on like four drives, the problem isn't the offense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I knew somebody was going to start a thread on Vereen after the game last night. And I am glad you did! Vereen looked good, fast, quick, elusive, I think he gave us a glimpse of what he can be. Look forward to seeing more whether its this year or in the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Good to see him in action.  Think we saw a glimpse of why he was a 2nd rounder.  It's nice to know they have a few developmental-type running backs in Vereen and Ridley. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

In Response to Re: Vereen! : That cutback was huge.  I hope they continue to develop him. I'm tired of having a collection of spare parts at RB. 
    Posted by zbellino

...........or to elaborate a little bit more, a young running game.....no more Antoine Smiths, Fred Taylors, Sammy Morris', etc......you have to appreciate BJGE's ability to hold onto the ball, the two rookies' speed and agility....the O is really coming together, now just to fix the D's secondary weaknesses; looks like the D's defensive line is developing nicely..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i'm happy he finally got some playing time and his first score but due to them running the ball instead of a pass to gronk/welker i lost this week in fantasy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Good to see the kid get some burn, he looked quick and explosive and displayed some good vision on that cutback run.  Small sample in garbage time, but definitely gives a reason for optimism.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

He looks 2x as fast as anything we have. With Power running too. I am excited. Now we will see him again next Preseason! Yay!

I was yelling RUN THE BALL all night last night.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

This kid has very serious wheels but some good football instinct too based on the cutback.....Dunno about you folks but my knee buckled just watching that..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I have been waiting for this for long time! He looks good. Hope they give him atleast 10 rushes every game and see what he can do. Let Lawfirm sit and heal his toe and give the ball to Vereen and Ridley see what they can do. We have Woody if things don't go well. 

Now lets give Price and Ocho some bombs and see if they can catch them! 

Sections
Shortcuts