Vereen!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Vereen!

In Response to Re: Vereen!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vereen! : You sucked from day 0.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

On a big fat tiddy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Ike Forte!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Vegas Ferguson!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i hope faulk handles it well. i dont want to see vereen get less than 5 carries anymore going forward

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I have been waiting for this for long time! He looks good. Hope they give him atleast 10 rushes every game and see what he can do. Let Lawfirm sit and heal his toe and give the ball to Vereen and Ridley see what they can do. We have Woody if things don't go well.  Now lets give Price and Ocho some bombs and see if they can catch them! 
    Posted by Bradythebest[/QUOTE]

" give the ball to Vereen and Ridley see what they can do. "

hell yeah! thats what ive been saying.

and while you are at it make one of the wr an outside threat. i dont care how good they are. take one and do something with him so the top de's dont shut down our offense by clogging up the middle and short routes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vereen! : That cutback was huge.  I hope they continue to develop him. I'm tired of having a collection of spare parts at RB. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vereen! : No. I don't think much could have been done in that game. Next time they would be better off getting off the field. When the opponent uses 30 minutes of the game on like four drives, the problem isn't the offense. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

exactly!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]he did look good, faster than any patriot back out there in a while. he can definately add to this offense.  now let's see if they give him some more carries. one of the problems is that if he gets stuffed a couple of times we don't see him out there for another month while they go back to the spread. 
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

eaxactly. that s@cks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I still dont understand all the lawfirm hate. Averaging over 4 yards a carry, Zero fumbles in 3 years, Almost never a negative yardage run. The grass is always greener, i can't help but think you all are the same people who were shouting about how awesome maroney was as a rookie, and then later how shitty he was. Lets be happy we have a back that if given the carries, will get the yards
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

i havent seen anyone hate on benny.

but if you're watching, you will see that if the defense only has to focus on short adn middle of the field routes, not respect the run or the outside routes, good defenses can shut down this offense, meaning no playoff wins. ok.
    thats why we have to develop ridley, vereen and price/slate/ocho on the outside.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Look, law firm and woodhead were getting good runs in aftyer he Chiefs defense totally burned themselves out after the first 1 1/2  quarters. Vereen looked really good but probalby played agains a tired and broken D. That being said I would love to see Vereen at the beginning of the game when the PAts are trying to establish the run and take advantage of the sell out to the pass rush they are getting almost every week (not last game vs jets though). See what he can do.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

" I would love to see Vereen at the beginning of the game when the PAts are trying to establish the run and take advantage of the sell out to the pass rush they are getting almost every week"

exactly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vereen! : I'm talking about running between the tackles. Faulk and Woodhead make their money outside. The best RBs get them to crowd the box, and can use that to get behind the LBers on play action for a short pass. If I'm a LBer and I see BJGE running past the line without the ball, I wouldn't even bother covering him. Tolbert did a great job of that in SD, Fred Jackson too. When Benny has been thrown the ball he's caught it but 1 target every 2 games does not make him a multifaceted RB. I can only guess he doesn't get targeted more because of something they see in practice. A guy like Rice or Drew will run for 1000 and catch for 300 or 400 yards. Benny had around 50 yards receiving last year. Woodhead caught around 400 and and ran for 500. So that's what I'd like to see out of Vereen or Ridley is to be a BJGE that catches too.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

and that is faster, and if he (ridley/vereen) breaks a tackle will punish you with speed enough to get 20 or 30 yards if not the house. benny cant do that, therefore good d's will cheat for the pass (and with us, he short/middle pass).
    too easily defended by good d's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vereen! : It's simple.  BJGE hits a hole and bangs out 12, Vereen or Ridley would hit the same hole and slice and dice for End Zone.  There's a huge difference in talent between a Rookie Free agent and a 2nd and 3rd round pick. There's like 3 people on this board who just don't get it.  Oh and By the way I was saying Maroney sucked from day 1. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

thank you.

re " It's simple.  BJGE hits a hole and bangs out 12, Vereen or Ridley would hit the same hole and slice and dice for End Zone.  There's a huge difference in talent between a Rookie Free agent and a 2nd and 3rd round pick. There's like 3 people on this board who just don't get it."

you mean there are a few that do get it, but many vocal folks not getting it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]i hope faulk handles it well. i dont want to see vereen get less than 5 carries anymore going forward
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

bb big on the vet / earning it / loyalty thing.
    but this is football. play teh best hand you have rookie or not. build for the tough defenses to come. no more one and dones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]anybody else think we woulda beat Pitt is bb had gone with vereen instead of faulk? no more faulk, sorry sir.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOT
    I think Kevin Faulk has lost some speed and should have limited reps.or maybe the practice squad He has been a great asset in the past. Time for Vereen to shine

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

They should put Vareen on ST.....He can return kick offs with Woodhead....He can play D on punts and kickoffs.

He needs more field time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

BJGE is ok... but he's not a weapon a defense needs to adjust for.  His presence and performance don't create opportunities for other parts of our offense.  Sorry but the OL made some holes big enough to drive a truck through, and BJGE got 5~6 yards on these. Need to make a defence pay a high price for focusing on the pass.  BJGE can't do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yeah, you have to be a high draft pick to be any good.  Stiffs who went undrafted like Arian Foster and Wes Welker (and Antonio Gates and Priest Holmes and Brian Waters and Warren Moon and Tony Romo and on and on and on...) will never amount to anything.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they need bjge, ridley and vereen. the feature back should be whose style will work against the other team. sometimes it will be vereen, sometimes ridley, sometimes bjge.

if ridley and vereen turns out to be a sgood as the few flashes they've shown, i don't know where woodhead fits.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]they need bjge, ridley and vereen. the feature back should be whose style will work against the other team. sometimes it will be vereen, sometimes ridley, sometimes bjge. if ridley and vereen turns out to be a sgood as the few flashes they've shown, i don't know where woodhead fits.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it makes it much tougher for opposing teams to plan for 3 backs, as well.

Hope we see some young fresh legs down the stretch.

I bet Mr. Faulk may have one last 3rd and 8 conversion, hopefully in a big playoff game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]BJGE is ok... but he's not a weapon a defense needs to adjust for.  His presence and performance don't create opportunities for other parts of our offense.  Sorry but the OL made some holes big enough to drive a truck through, and BJGE got 5~6 yards on these. Need to make a defence pay a high price for focusing on the pass.  BJGE can't do it.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I like the guy, it's just he's limited in what he can do because of his lack of speed and quickness. It's funny, but I always wondered why such a premium was placed on speed at that position - now I know why - you can see things, follow blocks, hold onto the ball, run hard, play at a good pad level - it doesn't mean much when you can only run a few different plays because of your lack of speed.

Some of those holes the other night were huge, some of the better backs in this league would of got 150 yards out of that game. I think this guy has been figured out by defensive coordinators. You keep seeing him run left over tackle for three yards, when if he was quick enough to cut back on that play he'd get 8 yards. Belichick was in NY when Curtis Martin used to run this play, obviously with much different results. Once he gets going he's ok, but the defense knows he can't cut back or get outside and they just clog what he'd probably like to run (up the middle).

A team like the Jets game planned for his style and it killed us. A team like the Chiefs weren't capable and yet we still didn't run well enough until they quit in the second half.

I think it's time for some of these rookies to play. If you're worried about them fumbling, then give it to Benny in some of the important short yardage and goal line situations. These young guys need to get involved before the playoffs, I'm sure they've been coached on how to pass block by now (20 weeks between pre season and regular season practices).