Vereen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Vereen

Where is he? It's reported he has a "foot injury." What does that mean? Broken bone? Hangnail? What???

If he can't or won't play just cut him loose already and use the roster spot for someone who can contribute.

Any opinions?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Vereen

How many NFL players are 100% every week? Talent has no value sitting on the bench. Play or get out of the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

About ready to forget he ever existed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

They only signed him to play in preseason

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if he ever does get healthy, would be interesting to see if he performs better than woody

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

If the hype when he was drafted is to be believed, he's supposedely better than Ridley. When will the fans see for themselves? Meanwhile, why not give Bolden more touches? He might turn out to be better than Woodhead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I said it last year and I'm sticking to it - the guy will never be a player of consequence.

Ben Vereen will have more impact on the franchise than Shane Vereen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hope we see him soon. Woodhead and his 2.3 ypc isn't doing it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Seemed to me like he almost always went down on first contact when I saw him in the preseason. Might not be much of an upgrade over Woodhead, if he ever gets on the field. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent packing unless he starts seeing the field soon.  RB is like the worst position to be injury prone.  Particularly if Ridley puts it together this year he becomes a lot more expendable.  It's sad because the guy has a ton of raw ability, but he just can't seem to ditch the injury bug.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the thing that's really dissapointing is how he has looked when he is healthy - he does look like he has speed and can catch, but I think if you're thinking this guy will be a lead back, you're going to be wrong. I don't see this guy being able to break tackles consistently, however I did see him make a catch during pre season that none of our other backs could make...I would say future Kevin Faulk, but Faulk never got hurt this much.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think the thing that's really dissapointing is how he has looked when he is healthy - he does look like he has speed and can catch, but I think if you're thinking this guy will be a lead back, you're going to be wrong. I don't see this guy being able to break tackles consistently, however I did see him make a catch during pre season that none of our other backs could make...I would say future Kevin Faulk, but Faulk never got hurt this much.

When healthy he SHOULD be at MINIMUM a 10 touch guy,  who should excel especially if they get him the ball  in open space. He also is capable of running in between the tackles but he needs to grow a pair and learn how to play hurt. as I said in a previous post it looks as though he is the Pat's version of J D Drew... everything has to be 100% and perfect for him to play.

If he is our version of J D Drew,  then I would expect him to be cut soon. I can't remember a football player telling Belichick when he is healthy enough to play (maybe Terry Glenn), I doubt this guy is doing that type of stuff...but you never know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Foot injuries for an NFL RB can be as difficult as foot injuries for an NBA big man.

I think all people are hoping for is the newer version of Faulk, that was kind of the projection for him since he got drafted if I'm not mistaken.

I hope to see SOMEthing out of him before he's jettisoned. It's looking less and less likely though. At least he hasn't been IR'ed, so that gives me hope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Can he even Block?  At least Woody is tough did you see him take out Ray Lewis Last week?

Sections
Shortcuts