Vereen's coming out party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Vereen's coming out party?

I would start that Ravens attack with alot of spread formation...no huddle......and alot of swings to the sidelines. Get those Raven defenders running early and often.......tire them out early.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would start that Ravens attack with alot of spread formation...no huddle......and alot of swings to the sidelines. Get those Raven defenders running early and often.......tire them out early.

[/QUOTE]

Ravens had the 20th ranked rush defense this season. 

Suggs is a shadow of what he was before his roid implosion. Now they use Kruger and Ellerbe as the extra rushers. 

Specifically Kruger, who sets the edge the way Suggs used to. You know trying to run right at Ngata is an excercise in futility, but I would love to see them test those edges with the run early on, which are not as sharp as they have been in years past. IMO. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I always liked Vereen and have been call for more playing time for a long time now.  It's unfortunate but sometimes it takes an injury to open the door for a better player (Bledsoe and Alex Smith come to mind).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always liked Vereen and have been call for more playing time for a long time now.  It's unfortunate but sometimes it takes an injury to open the door for a better player (Bledsoe and Alex Smith come to mind).

[/QUOTE]

I think this is the case. 

Because he is halfway between Woodhead and Ridley, bringing him in would cost something. 

I think, going down the road, we might see him getting the most snaps of the three runners, just because of what he does for the passing game, while still being a usable runner for the straight 2TE sets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

More headaches for the Ravens' D....   +++++++

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More headaches for the Ravens' D....   +++++++

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, with a week's time, they can come with some plays that capitalize on Vereen. Still, I don't see much in the way of huge offensive changes. It's way too late in the season. 

I'm really thinking of next season, and what Vereen can bring then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was great seeing McD utilize the Rbs in the passing game. We have been missing this for too long. I wonder if we were waiting to use Vareen for the post season. It is an entirely new wrinkle. When 2 rbs have almost half of your total yardage and 4 of your tds then how can any defense play Tom Brady honestly? This offense is special in that is the most versatile we have ever had.  We threw a checkdown 1st down to Ridley last night. How can a D stop that when they are trying to find WW and Hern all day?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, specifically Vereen on the screen, wheel and go routes, split wide on some of them ... so as a WR. 

How can you stop checkdowns? By preparing for checkdowns? Leave one LBer middle deep to wrap it up, or have one man-to-man shadow the runner. It's nice when you catch a team napping on it though. 

No collection of talent, no matter how they are arrayed is invulnerable. 

Truth, I like the 'look' they have in 2TE or the 11 package with Vereen on the field best, simply because he can split wide and run precision routes (not just check downs). But it doesn't mean it works every single time. 

You are always a bad game away from something not working. 

If the offense executes their blocking, route running, passing, and running this well next week, They'll decimate the Ravens' old defense. 

If they don't, they won't score as many points. 

[/QUOTE]

"f the offense executes their blocking, route running, passing, and running this well next week, They'll decimate the Ravens' old defense. "

agreed

and watchign the game, also felt they should use vereen often as a wr. hes th best separating wr we have

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is what the Patriots do. Unless they have an unpresendented need to start a rookie with no adequate veteran in front of them at the position, they take their time bringing them along.

It was and is always absolutely laughable when I had previously seen peoples comments in here saying Vereen was a bust because he had not been playing much, yet.

Vereen had a highlight reel full of great plays both running and especially in the passing game coming out of Cal.

When the Pats drafted him it seemed very likely that they envisioned a Faulk like type role for him. However Woody had fallen in the Pats lap do to the Jets idiocy to dump him. Woody was just as capable and with more Pro experience. Plus Vereen starting his career off with the hamstring problem.

[/QUOTE]

"This is what the Patriots do. Unless they have an unpresendented need to start a rookie with no adequate veteran in front of them at the position, they take their time bringing them along."

agreed and to the deetriment of th teams succes at times.

like last year adn the sb. if they developed ridley and vereen last year nand sat bjge more, even wiht obrian at the helm, probabal;y win last year sb

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly i wanted these 2 all last year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what they will do which is why it was dumb for that back up to run his yaps! Now his teamates who START will have to deal with the Hurry up Early and Often! This will negate Bmores agressiveness and cause them to keep their backers in coverage while we pick them apart and if/when they get out their base defense and try the nickel or dime to stop us, we RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!!!   Thx AyanbaDay ho!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can Vereen be the difference maker? 

He is certainly making headlines. Not many running backs in the NFL can run wheel routes and fly routes like a WR. He certainly lit the Texans up tonight. 

Here are some headlines about the win, and how he stole space even from Brady's perfect night:

Shane Vereen led the Patriots past the Texans to set up an AFC title clash with the Ravens."  Boston.com

Brady, Vereen propel Patriots -- ESPN

Third Stringer Shane Vereen stars for Patrios -- Yahoosports.com

Unlikely Contributors Aid New England as it Advances to AFC Championship Game -- Foxsports

Shane Vereen Takes Chance and Runs with It. --  Boston.com\

---------------------

Sure there are more out there. 124 AP yards and three TDS, two receiving from three wide/spread was just impressive. 

The question, is he the play maker in the absence of Gronk, or is this a one off?

[/QUOTE]

I was thrilled the moment we drafted Vereen. I was disappointed in the slowness of his development, integration into the offense the last two years. But between his toughness, up strength, speed, quickness, balance, route running, and pass catching abilities I thought he would be a great player and eventually used more like (forgive me for this over the top comparison) Marshal Faulk. Not that I expected him to be all world but that he could be one of the best in the conference and versatile and very very dangerous.

I am not surprised he is showing signs of this sort of ability. I do HOPE he continues to deliver in big ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Vereen could be Thurman Thomas II....  if he is used enough...