Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Vereen's coming out party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Vereen's coming out party?

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I would start that Ravens attack with alot of spread formation...no huddle......and alot of swings to the sidelines. Get those Raven defenders running early and often.......tire them out early.

This is exactly what they will do which is why it was dumb for that back up to run his yaps! Now his teamates who START will have to deal with the Hurry up Early and Often! This will negate Bmores agressiveness and cause them to keep their backers in coverage while we pick them apart and if/when they get out their base defense and try the nickel or dime to stop us, we RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!!!   Thx AyanbaDay ho!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Can Vereen be the difference maker? 

He is certainly making headlines. Not many running backs in the NFL can run wheel routes and fly routes like a WR. He certainly lit the Texans up tonight. 

Here are some headlines about the win, and how he stole space even from Brady's perfect night:

Shane Vereen led the Patriots past the Texans to set up an AFC title clash with the Ravens."  Boston.com

Brady, Vereen propel Patriots -- ESPN

Third Stringer Shane Vereen stars for Patrios -- Yahoosports.com

Unlikely Contributors Aid New England as it Advances to AFC Championship Game -- Foxsports

Shane Vereen Takes Chance and Runs with It. --  Boston.com\

---------------------

Sure there are more out there. 124 AP yards and three TDS, two receiving from three wide/spread was just impressive. 

The question, is he the play maker in the absence of Gronk, or is this a one off?

I was thrilled the moment we drafted Vereen. I was disappointed in the slowness of his development, integration into the offense the last two years. But between his toughness, up strength, speed, quickness, balance, route running, and pass catching abilities I thought he would be a great player and eventually used more like (forgive me for this over the top comparison) Marshal Faulk. Not that I expected him to be all world but that he could be one of the best in the conference and versatile and very very dangerous.

I am not surprised he is showing signs of this sort of ability. I do HOPE he continues to deliver in big ways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Vereen could be Thurman Thomas II....  if he is used enough...

Sections
Shortcuts