Vereen's Reward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Vereen's Reward

Kid has a break out week last week. Looks fast, great hands.

His reward....being benched in the first half.

Now if he comes in and stinks up the joint in the second half you say OK....

But...noooooooooo.....he comes in and picks up right where he left off last week.

I want to know what knuckle head kept him on the bench for damn near 3 quarters!

I demand an explaination Bill!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Vereen's Reward

This is how BB does things. He rarely rewards a great performance with a change in the pecking order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I was saying it on the game thread and in numerous threads today.  Ridley was sucking yesterday while Vereen sat on the bench.  Too bad fumbles didn't get knocked out on the first play of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

You do not chase your tail as a coach. As long as the game is within reach and if you believe your game plan still has merit you stay with it.

The 49ers did exactly that in their win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sounds great! Ahh....except one minor detail...we were flat out stinkin' up da joint....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Really I thought Ridley was doing fine before he did his usual stupid spin move (that this time left him dreaming of sea horses).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Sounds great! Ahh....except one minor detail...we were flat out stinkin' up da joint....

It was a ONE posession game at the time. Ridley had four carries on that drive before being knocked out two of them were for than 7 yards each. One for 8 yards and one for 9 yards. ...or 4 carries for 4.75 yards per carry on the drive.

What game do people watch. Holy Cow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

It was a ONE posession game at the time. Ridley had four carries on that drive before being knocked out two of them were for than 7 yards each. One for 8 yards and one for 9 yards. ...or 4 carries for 4.75 yards per carry on the drive.

Well if that's ture then his previous 16 rushes went for a total of 41 yards or 2.56 per carry.  Holy Cow, that's the game I was watching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was really disappointed with how they chose not to use him.  Sad!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Well if that's ture then his previous 16 rushes went for a total of 41 yards or 2.56 per carry.  Holy Cow, that's the game I was watching.

Then you would have been chasing your tail and it falls in line with exactly how you respond on this board.

I frankly was never sure if you were doing schtik and being funny or not cause you flip flop more than anyone on here. You love a guy one week, hate him and he's the biggest bum around the next. I mean you "always" do this but I just thought it was you being funny.

If you are serious I have no words.

That is not how you coach. The running game is not one man and there is never a reason to think your 2nd back would fare any better than your top back if you are going to continue the same game plan. Especially if you have different packages for each back and it's outside the gameplan you want to stick to. You do not panic and make whole sale changes when you are within one possession.

Ridley only had 1 other possession in the 2nd half, again for 5 yards.

in the 2nd quarter Ridley 6 for 27 yards. 4.5 yards per carry. I did not do the 1st quater but I will make an assumption and say the 1st quarter was the weakest.

That would mean he got stronger as the game went on and exactly why you stick with a game plan. So exactly what game where you watching?

Sections
Shortcuts