Very Strange

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Very Strange

First of all, I guess I should say congrats for finally getting active in free agency/trades.  Last time I was here there were some rumbling and some of you were backing "the patriot way" of not signing the "big names" and making a splash in FA.

So I am a little confused in the signing of Fat Albert.  Didnt he refuse to play DL on a 3-4 in DC?  I know it started with nose in the 3-4 but then I thought that he didnt want to play tackle either. I could be wrong there.  Also, he didnt get along with the taskmaster in Shannahan.  IMO, BB is right up there with him in his dictatorship(see Welker benching for rubbing rexs feet wrong in an interview). Now, I do see that you guys have very little to lose(a 5th rounder?) but it looks like you are all banking on him having a great year.

Even more confused with the Chad Johnson signing.  Not that I am worried about him lighting it up against us.  Last time he played us he said that if revis shut him down he would change his name back to Chad Johnson. That is why I dont call him Ochocinco anymore.   I like the guy.  He seems good natured and his celebrations are more an attempt to entertain than to throw it in his opponents face.  Now to why it confuses me that BB would sign him.  Is there ANYONE in the NFL who loves to talk to the media or post on twitter more???? You would have to think really hard to think of anyone and I am not sure that there is. Now, is there ANYONE who coaches in the nfl that refuses to speak or let his players speak to the media more than BB???

Very strange indeed....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Very Strange

YAWN.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Very Strange:
    YAWN.........
    Posted by Rocky

grats, i noticed you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Go to fullsize image

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Very Strange:
    First of all, I guess I should say congrats for finally getting active in free agency/trades.  Last time I was here there were some rumbling and some of you were backing "the patriot way" of not signing the "big names" and making a splash in FA. So I am a little confused in the signing of Fat Albert.  Didnt he refuse to play DL on a 3-4 in DC?  I know it started with nose in the 3-4 but then I thought that he didnt want to play tackle either. I could be wrong there.  Also, he didnt get along with the taskmaster in Shannahan.  IMO, BB is right up there with him in his dictatorship(see Welker benching for rubbing rexs feet wrong in an interview). Now, I do see that you guys have very little to lose(a 5th rounder?) but it looks like you are all banking on him having a great year. Even more confused with the Chad Johnson signing.  Not that I am worried about him lighting it up against us.  Last time he played us he said that if revis shut him down he would change his name back to Chad Johnson. That is why I dont call him Ochocinco anymore.   I like the guy.  He seems good natured and his celebrations are more an attempt to entertain than to throw it in his opponents face.  Now to why it confuses me that BB would sign him.  Is there ANYONE in the NFL who loves to talk to the media or post on twitter more???? You would have to think really hard to think of anyone and I am not sure that there is. Now, is there ANYONE who coaches in the nfl that refuses to speak or let his players speak to the media more than BB??? Very strange indeed....
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

You bring up some valid points to be honest. Haynesworth is a guy that you may not want to build your defense around (although if his head is on straight you would). Ocho cinco is 33. Are there any 33 year old wide recievers that scared people? Maybe Moss or Jerry Rice.

But the thing that really matters most is Brady...he illiminates a lot of question marks about this team, as he does every year. He probably will make Chad look a bit younger and will make our defense look better than they are and heaven help the Jets if our defense does improve. Can Sanchez hang with Brady and a improved defense? Not a chance...not a chance and you know that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

The price was right for both players as far as 5th round picks.  not sure what they count against the cap so I cant comment on that.  IF fat albert wants to push 2 or 3 doods back into the QB, I think he could have done that.  I just see too many similarities with wash and ne as far as structure and system.  If BB can light a fire under this guy, he could be a force on any team no doubt.

Mthurl, I heard the same thing about Brady making that other receiver a huge success last year.  What was his name? Holt?  I honestly cant remember.  It was all about brady.  Anywho, I am not saying that Chad cannot light it up anymore, especially with brady as his qb.  I am saying that he spends the games against us on Revis Island.  If brady played defense he could make your defense look better, but he doesnt, so he cant : P

Rocky (scroll down)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He refused to play NT for 16 snaps per game, which is what Washington was giving him. The whole thing boiled over because Shanahan tried to 'punish' him, and he is probably as much of an @ss as Shanahan.

BB doesn't 'punish' players by moving them around, and doesn't move them around to somewher they are not as effective.

If BB punished Albert, he cuts him. It's that simple. We saw it with Moss last season. We saw it with Adalius earlier on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Maybe after the first Pats-Jets game the confusion will die down..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

In Response to Very Strange:
    First of all, I guess I should say congrats for finally getting active in free agency/trades.  Last time I was here there were some rumbling and some of you were backing "the patriot way" of not signing the "big names" and making a splash in FA. So I am a little confused in the signing of Fat Albert.  Didnt he refuse to play DL on a 3-4 in DC?  I know it started with nose in the 3-4 but then I thought that he didnt want to play tackle either. I could be wrong there.  Also, he didnt get along with the taskmaster in Shannahan.  IMO, BB is right up there with him in his dictatorship(see Welker benching for rubbing rexs feet wrong in an interview). Now, I do see that you guys have very little to lose(a 5th rounder?) but it looks like you are all banking on him having a great year. Even more confused with the Chad Johnson signing.  Not that I am worried about him lighting it up against us.  Last time he played us he said that if revis shut him down he would change his name back to Chad Johnson. That is why I dont call him Ochocinco anymore.   I like the guy.  He seems good natured and his celebrations are more an attempt to entertain than to throw it in his opponents face.  Now to why it confuses me that BB would sign him.  Is there ANYONE in the NFL who loves to talk to the media or post on twitter more???? You would have to think really hard to think of anyone and I am not sure that there is. Now, is there ANYONE who coaches in the nfl that refuses to speak or let his players speak to the media more than BB??? Very strange indeed....
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

very ignorant post. have you not heard how much respect 85 has for BB.  and how he said he would do anything to play for them? this guy wants to win and he wants to win the right way. get over the fact that he was a great signing and it made complete sense

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're apparently confused. The Patriot Way has brought guys like Moss, Harrison and Dillon to the team.

You also seem bewildered on how BB would use Al. Hoodie is quite notorious for using players to their best advantage, so expect Al to not be a NT for Hoddie and therefore not cantankerous as he was with the overbearing Shanny. We have a NT. Duh.

Let me clear up the Hoodie conumdrum for you. He has no problem with acquiring guys with a bad wrap that is BS. Chad has done nothing wrong. It is just the football drama queen in you that gets upset when anybody says anything other than the robotic response to football questions from the press.

Class dismissed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

He refused to play NT for 16 snaps per game, which is what Washington was giving him. The whole thing boiled over because Shanahan tried to 'punish' him, and he is probably as much of an @ss as Shanahan.   BB doesn't 'punish' players by moving them around, and doesn't move them around to somewher they are not as effective. If BB punished Albert, he cuts him. It's that simple. We saw it with Moss last season. We saw it with Adalius earlier on.
    Posted by zbellino

It will be interesting to watch the AH/BB relationship develop. Can he motivate a mountain of a man, who already has his money, to go in and do his job?

as far as teh 16 snaps of NT for albie, I thought shannie came off that and was willing to bring him in as DT and fat albert still balked at the idea at times.  Anywho, many have tried to get him to buy in and everyone has failed to get him to reach his potential. 

It will be very interesting indeed....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He refused to play NT for 16 snaps per game, which is what Washington was giving him. The whole thing boiled over because Shanahan tried to 'punish' him, and he is probably as much of an @ss as Shanahan.   BB doesn't 'punish' players by moving them around, and doesn't move them around to somewher they are not as effective. If BB punished Albert, he cuts him. It's that simple. We saw it with Moss last season. We saw it with Adalius earlier on.
    Posted by zbellino

I'll buy this.  Belichick seems smart enough to recognize Haynesworth's history.  I'd imagine Belichick has plans for Haynesworth that his strengths.  Otherwise, why do it.  The guy has shown no real love for the game and really only performed big time in 2 seasons. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

whoa!!!!

I never came down on Chad Johnson for being a scrub or bad person.  I like the guy. I like his personality and I like his toughness to go over the middle.

My point is, when it comes to the media, he is the antithesis of BB.  true?

Another point is that Revis OWNS him.  He does.

so, class dismiss blah blah blah, ignorant people blah blah blah, cant comprehend a sentence blah blah blah, dont understand why blah blah blah 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

if you want to talk about Plax. we can do that.

Bring him in for a 1 year deal.  put him in a contract year right off the bat.  the guy is an excellent:
    run blocker
    redzone target
    great for a young qb
    possible #1 receiver
    patriot killer (had to stick that in there)

add that to the fact that he cost us nothing(not even a 5th rounder) and it is a win win situation.  He was bigger and better than BE before he left the nfl and I think he can be that again.

Cant wait for the games : )

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Another point is that Revis OWNS him.  He does.

Revis owns Carson Palmer. Lets see what happens with Brady throwing the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

NE doesn't put numbers next their receivers. A healthy Welker is the Pats #1, but he's not really a #1 in the traditional sense.  Glad I could help. You lost a chunk of your starters from last year's 2010 SB team, dumbo. Taylor, Edwards, Jenkins, Woody, Pool. That's 5 starters from last year. Have they signed juggernaut DE Shaun Ellis at LDE yet? Tannendope just handed Cromartie 8 million per to only bother covering WRs on vertical routes and not tackling.  Great contract!  Another albatross.  He shopped himself around and drove up the price on the Jets, yet again. lol Should be comical to see who else they lose once they need to submit their final numbers to the NFL.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Sorry brah, Taylor and woody did not start in the playoffs.  Jenkins didnt play but 2 series the whole year....I think we upgraded with Plax over BE.  we will see once the games start.

look for ellis and pool to sign soon.  if not i think they can be replaced without us throwing in the towel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Another point is that Revis OWNS him.  He does. Revis owns Carson Palmer. Lets see what happens with Brady throwing the ball.
    Posted by Philskiw1

so then revis owns brady as well?  you better hope he owns palmer but I will put my money on revis over chad johnson this year as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

so then revis owns brady as well?  you better hope he owns palmer but I will put my money on revis over chad johnson this year as well.

How do you figure he owns Brady?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

whoa!!!! I never came down on Chad Johnson for being a scrub or bad person.  I like the guy. I like his personality and I like his toughness to go over the middle. My point is, when it comes to the media, he is the antithesis of BB.  true? Another point is that Revis OWNS him.  He does. so, class dismiss blah blah blah, ignorant people blah blah blah, cant comprehend a sentence blah blah blah, dont understand why blah blah blah 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Chad is not like BB when it comes to the media.

I don't know that Revis owns him. Maybe Revis just owns Palmer.

Stop the incoherent blabbering.

Sections
Shortcuts